Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends, #1)

Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Published August 1st 1987 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Brittney
The worst thing just happened to the 4 sleepover friends or should I say 3.Patti is moving to Alaska!Without Patti who will stop Kate and Stephanie from fighting.Is this an end for the "SLEEPOVER FRIENDS"by Susan Saunders.
I really liked "SLEEPOVER FRIENDS"by Susan Saunders,because the book has a satisfying ending when there was a happy moment.The book also has a good pace to pace because you can really understand where the scene is taking place and what is happening.My opinion on the characte...more
Lindsay
I used to love these books when I was younger, but now that I'm an adult, not so much. But I shouldn't be to harsh, they are for kids afterall.
Shalon
I loved the Sleepover Friends series when I was a pre-teen. It much more tame than the Sweet Valley series and, if memory serves, it is probably appropriate for any age. There was discussion of boys and crushes but no kissing. The group of friends who are the focus of the series are a good example of how friends should be toward each other. There is minimal teenage cattiness or snobbery. I guess you'd call it "wholesome".
Heidi
Along with the BSC books, I read every Sleepover Friends book I could for the Summer Reading Program. I will not add each one, and I wouldn't be able to remember all of them. I would estimate that I read about 15 of the books. I definitely felt BSC had a bit more depth in the characters and plots. I would put these books at a 2nd grade level. Maybe 3rd.
Shaunda
when i was much much younger, i read almost the entire series of these books, and i know i liked them all. these books probably would be far from thrilling to me now, but as a child they were great reads! i dont think im going to take the time to rate the entire series here, but instead i will rate this one book as a signifier of the whole series.
Heather
Oct 16, 2008 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: young girls
I saw a copy of this book the other day and I was flooded with memories. I thought this was how all friends were, having sleepovers every weekend and cooking and streaking their hair purple. I followed this series until the bitter end, probably about 40 books or so. It was much better than the Babysitter's Club.
Ashley (cnthrdlywt2bwz)
I adored this series as a kid. I feel like it was more relatable to me at that age than the baby sitter's club, although I enjoyed those and sweet valley as well. I loved how the one girl wore only red black and white. It must have been the trigger for my own "fashion" phase in second grade!
Karen Parnham
This was my favorite series as a pre-teen and I am really hoping I can find them for my daughter when she is older. I remember looking forward to staying home sick from school because I would lie in bed all day and re-read my Sleepover Friends books
Kate
A fun series--I remember quite a few of their escapades, like eating candied violets and mousse, putting on purple hair gel, how Stephanie always wore black, white, and red, and a neighbor named Donnie they had a crush on... Similar to the Baby-Sitters Club.
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Along with the Babysitters Club, this was a series I enjoyed reading when I was a tiny thing. Unsurprisingly, it's not much with the re-reading value.
Heather
From "Books I have read this summer" list that I found at home in NJ.
Julie
This was one of my favorite series.
Shelly H
Katie gave me this book in 4th grade?
Suzi
May 03, 2008 Suzi added it
My favorite pre-teen series!
Vesmé
Vesmé marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Valdeidra Lindsay
Valdeidra Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Areefa
Areefa added it
Jan 15, 2014
Anne Perri
Anne Perri marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Jan 09, 2014
Elizabeth Robinson
Elizabeth Robinson marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Tommi
Tommi marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Patti's New Look (Sleepover Friends, #4) Starring Stephanie (Sleepover Friends, #2) Kate's Surprise (Sleepover Friends, #3) Kate's Camp-Out (Sleepover Friends, #6) Stephanie Strikes Back (Sleepover Friends, #7)