Start by marking “Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends, #1)

Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends #1)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  222 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Published August 1st 1987 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Patti's Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patti's Luck

Marna
Sep 27, 2015 Marna rated it really liked it
It's official. I've finally collected all of these. Even the super mystery beach thriller or whatever.

If I could live inside any intermediate reader series it would be this one. The fifth graders here are really more like sixth graders and everyone eats and shops constantly. My dream existence: a never-ending shopping/food binge. And terrible alternate universe pop music. And a city that is like NYC but isn't. Calling it 'the city' makes it seem as though you are living in a comic book. 'Let's h
Brittney
The worst thing just happened to the 4 sleepover friends or should I say 3.Patti is moving to Alaska!Without Patti who will stop Kate and Stephanie from fighting.Is this an end for the "SLEEPOVER FRIENDS"by Susan Saunders.
I really liked "SLEEPOVER FRIENDS"by Susan Saunders,because the book has a satisfying ending when there was a happy moment.The book also has a good pace to pace because you can really understand where the scene is taking place and what is happening.My opinion on the characte
Lindsay
Apr 21, 2014 Lindsay rated it it was ok
I used to love these books when I was younger, but now that I'm an adult, not so much. But I shouldn't be to harsh, they are for kids afterall.
Shalon Lippert
Apr 23, 2009 Shalon Lippert rated it it was amazing
I loved the Sleepover Friends series when I was a pre-teen. It much more tame than the Sweet Valley series and, if memory serves, it is probably appropriate for any age. There was discussion of boys and crushes but no kissing. The group of friends who are the focus of the series are a good example of how friends should be toward each other. There is minimal teenage cattiness or snobbery. I guess you'd call it "wholesome".
Heidi
Along with the BSC books, I read every Sleepover Friends book I could for the Summer Reading Program. I will not add each one, and I wouldn't be able to remember all of them. I would estimate that I read about 15 of the books. I definitely felt BSC had a bit more depth in the characters and plots. I would put these books at a 2nd grade level. Maybe 3rd.
Shaunda
Feb 24, 2008 Shaunda rated it it was amazing
when i was much much younger, i read almost the entire series of these books, and i know i liked them all. these books probably would be far from thrilling to me now, but as a child they were great reads! i dont think im going to take the time to rate the entire series here, but instead i will rate this one book as a signifier of the whole series.
Heather
Oct 16, 2008 Heather rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young girls
I saw a copy of this book the other day and I was flooded with memories. I thought this was how all friends were, having sleepovers every weekend and cooking and streaking their hair purple. I followed this series until the bitter end, probably about 40 books or so. It was much better than the Babysitter's Club.
Ashley (cnthrdlywt2bwz)
Sep 09, 2010 Ashley (cnthrdlywt2bwz) rated it really liked it
Shelves: as-a-child
I adored this series as a kid. I feel like it was more relatable to me at that age than the baby sitter's club, although I enjoyed those and sweet valley as well. I loved how the one girl wore only red black and white. It must have been the trigger for my own "fashion" phase in second grade!
Karen Parnham
Sep 18, 2012 Karen Parnham rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite series as a pre-teen and I am really hoping I can find them for my daughter when she is older. I remember looking forward to staying home sick from school because I would lie in bed all day and re-read my Sleepover Friends books
Kate
Sep 06, 2008 Kate rated it liked it
A fun series--I remember quite a few of their escapades, like eating candied violets and mousse, putting on purple hair gel, how Stephanie always wore black, white, and red, and a neighbor named Donnie they had a crush on... Similar to the Baby-Sitters Club.
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Along with the Babysitters Club, this was a series I enjoyed reading when I was a tiny thing. Unsurprisingly, it's not much with the re-reading value.
Heather
From "Books I have read this summer" list that I found at home in NJ.
Julie
This was one of my favorite series.
Shelly H
Katie gave me this book in 4th grade?
Suzi
May 03, 2008 Suzi added it
My favorite pre-teen series!
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
areyonna duling
areyonna duling rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Anne M. Thman
Anne M. Thman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Erin Patton
Erin Patton marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Lyn-Mara
Lyn-Mara rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Alison
Alison added it
Mar 16, 2016
JoLee Marker
JoLee Marker rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Emily Von pfahl
Emily Von pfahl rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Kate
Kate added it
Mar 05, 2016
Princess Best
Princess Best marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
  • Beginners (The Gymnasts, #1)
  • Mallory and the Mystery Diary (The Baby-Sitters Club, #29)
  • The Older Boy (Sweet Valley Twins, #15)
  • When the Dolls Woke
  • Roommates (The Girls of Canby Hall, #1)

Sleepover Friends (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Starring Stephanie (Sleepover Friends, #2)
  • Kate's Surprise (Sleepover Friends, #3)
  • Patti's New Look (Sleepover Friends, #4)
  • Lauren's Big Mix-Up (Sleepover Friends, #5)
  • Kate's Camp-Out (Sleepover Friends, #6)
  • Stephanie Strikes Back (Sleepover Friends, #7)
  • Lauren's Treasure (Sleepover Friends, #8)
  • No More Sleepovers, Patti? (Sleepover Friends, #9)
  • Lauren's Sleepover Exchange (Sleepover Friends, #10)
  • Stephanie's Family Secret (Sleepover Friends, #11)