After the Music

After the Music (Silhouette Romance #406)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,098 ratings  ·  53 reviews
SOLID AS A ROCK

Rock star Sabina Cane had heard plenty about the wealthy Hamilton Regan Thorndon III, head honcho of Thorn Oil. His brother, Al, warned her of Thorn's reputation for breaking hearts, but singing was Sabina's life and she was grateful for any work she could get. She and her band would take the gig in the New Orleans nightclub, even if it was owned by Mr. Thor...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 200 pages
Published January 1st 2002 by Thorndike Press (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about After the Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Music

Dee
Apr 06, 2012 Dee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dee by: Erika
4.5 Stars

A good friend (Yes that's you Erika ☺ ) recommended this one to me as it is one of her all time favourites and I can honestly see why. She warned me that it didn't really have any sex scenes which if I am honest if it had not been recommended by a friend that would have put me off as I do like a bit of steam in the books that I read. Having said that I don't mind occasionally provided the sexual tension is there between the H & h and we are not fobbed off with silly fluffy words....more
Erika
Dec 26, 2011 Erika rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fan of DP, romance readers who likes bad tortured hero and outstanding heroine
"Listen to me, you half-baked adventuress," he said suddenly. "I'm not having my brother taken over by a wild-eyed rock singer with eyes for his bankbook!" Moving toward her, he reached into his vest pocket, caught her roughly by the arm, and stuffed a piece of paper into the valley between her high breasts. "You take that and get the hell out of my brother's sight. I make a bad enemy. Remember it!"
He escorted her to the door and shoved her out of his office. "I'll make your apologies to my mot
Leona
Feb 17, 2014 Leona rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leona by: Onu
Shelves: romance
I have this categorized under romance (I think)......

This was my very first DP novel.

For being a romance addict, that's quite a statement. I have always avoided this author because she has a reputation of writing singularly ruthless, "bad ass", abusive heroes. Though, I love a "bad boy" hero, I stop at abusive. There is nothing sexy or loving about abuse, no matter how you sugar coat it. So I picked this one up, with great hesitation and trepidation.

Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I thought i...more
Aayesha
I loved this book so much. It was full of hair-wrenching angst and sweetness and...*sob* Now this is the Diana Palmer I love! :') ♥ Even though the heroine wasn't a typical DP heroine, even though I usually like less..um, feisty heroines, I found myself loving Sabina. She had such a big heart, was strong and independent and fell completely head over heels for the hero. God DAMN, Diana Palmer. She always gives me what I want from a story. Doesn't she know how much I like a heroine who's not afrai...more
Jenny
Rock star Sabina Cane had a crappy childhood. She doesn't want anyone knowing about her business or trying to socialize with her. She doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes her mother made in her past. She doesn't want marriage or love or commitment. I admired her inner strength and her struggle to remain positive and find the light despite her broken heart.

Thorn is also haunted by his past. He does his best to push people away from getting to know him. He wasn't expecting his brother's fiance...more
Onu
“It is a risk to love.
What if it doesn't work out?
Ah, but what if it does.”

― Peter McWilliams

Some of us are afraid to love, afraid to get hurt and we clam up and shut ourselves inside a hollow shelf , refusing anyone to come near us, denying love.

But love is a gamble and if you don't take the risk you might miss out on the most awesome feeling in the world.

Sabine and Thorn were two such people hiding behind their masks, refusing to let anyone near them. Some may feel that Thorn, the hero was c...more
KarenB

"Did she tell you that I sat by you when they told me you might not come out of the coma, and that I cried like a boy?" He put his hard mouth slowly, warmly on hers
--------------------

"So they tell me." He kissed her gently. "Marry me. Give me some children. I'll buy you a new bathrobe and let you sing in my nightclub."

She laughed at his phrasing. "How can I sing when I'm pregnant?"

"Listen, lady, you can even sing while you're getting pregnant, for all I care."

-----------------

"Shhh," she whi...more
postcrdprincess
The books that I have read by Diana Palmer have always been good, and this book didn’t disappoint. I love her Alpha male characters. They are the type that when you first come across them in the story, you want to punch them for their mean and nasty behavior. But, as the story progresses you realize that they would do anything for the woman that they love. They just have a hard time making themselves vulnerable because of past experiences with women.

Hamilton Regan Thorndon the Third (Thorn) is j...more
Lori Meehan
4.5*
I was on The Contempary Romance Cafes blog one day and the subject was Alpha jerks and why we love them. The blogger recommended a couple of books and this was one of them. I am so glad I read this book. I loved it. And let me tell you Thorn is a JERK to put it nicely and I loved every minute of it. Sabrina and Thorn had great chemistry. Sabrina saw right through Thorns walls and into the heart and soul of his problems. Thorn saw exactly what Sabina was but was so jaded and angry towards her...more
Brittany
I was in need of a bit of romance and this hit the spot. I picked this up expecting to be finished in a few days, but instead finished it that night. I loved this story, even though Thorn is a jerk. A big jerk, until Sabina gets to know him and breaks though his shell. I loved the witty remarks but I got tired of reading Thorn's entire name on what felt like every page. Over and over. Hamilton Regan Thorndon the Third. Sabina even addressed him like that over and over. Other then that, great boo...more
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
I didn't like this. There's nothing sexy about abusive men.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Stephanie Bolen
It was interesting, I honestly don't understand why Sabina fell in love with Thorn. I understand why his love and their friendship grew. But what made her fall in the first place, he was an ass. Meh, I really liked how the story just kept going and getting better. She didn't forgive him right away and I liked that he had to suffer. He deserved it.
Patt
Sabina Cane has pulled herself up from a terrible childhood and is using her beautiful singing voice to earn a living. When she encounters Hamilton Regan Thorndale III, the sparks start to fly and eventually turn into a wonderful romance. Not too many surprises in this simple love story.
Karen
I liked the alpha character. I am not sure about the men's mother's character. Some parts could of stood with more fleshing out..like perhaps, a relationship with band members? The smoking dated this book more than anything else. ick.
anh nguyen
jeg kunne ha skrevet bøker bedre enn dette og det er ikke kødd engang
Myla M.
short but a lot has happened. and of course romantic...
Dewi Read
hmmmm *mikir... mulanya liat review anak2 kayaknya sedih banget gitu pada mewek semua kayaknya...justru setelah baca dan ngerasain dan meresapi sendiri ngk jadi nangis...hehehe..bukan karena ceritanya ngk sedih bener bukan...ttp salahku baca review anak2 jadi tau deh spoiler nya... *next time baca buku ngk mau deh baca spoileran :(

mmmh ceritanya bagus, ni Heroinne DP yang paling kusuka paling TOP deh, kuat, gigih dalam hidup ngk cengeng berani gampar heronya lagi...hehe..jadi pengen baca DP lag...more
Lua
Part of the story is very enjoyable but the plot does not hold much, a man of 24 who has to go through all that trouble to get married, pretend to be engaged to another girl, it just makes no sense. Another strange thing is that she goes to the ranch to spend the Easter holidays and a few weeks later it's Christmas ... seems like a crazy calendar. As for the rest, the sexy conflict between the two heroes is captivating.
Nicole
I read this thrift store romance book because it was one of my friend's favourites. I did enjoy it, for the most part, and it was better than I thought it would be, given that it was a cheap romance novel. Parts were still predictable and unsurprising, like how every time she went off by herself, the guy showed up. This story reminded me of Pride and Prejudice, a bit.
AmandaPutri
Novel ini boleh minjem sama sahabat saya waktu main kerumahnya (waktu minjem masih di segel tuh novel).

And langsung suka. Emang sederhana n klise ceritanya. Pria yang sebenernya baik, tapi yaahhh bersembunyi di balik topeng dingin dan angkuh.

Somehow.. saya masih butuh cerita macam begini untuk menjaga saya tetep bisa ngayal indah ;)
Amanda Sheila
I loved it! :D

Mostly because it's been a while since I read Diana Palmer and I just crave her usual plot. This book, is surprisingly good. I loved how raw the Hero felt after 'hurting' the heroine and it's like addiction. I just can't stop reading it until the very last page.

Look forward to actually finished ALL Diana Palmer's.
destinugrainy
si Sabina sok jual mahal, tapi begitu didekati sama Thorn langsung nyerah. Trus mau aja ya sama si Thorn yang perokok kelas berat. Hampir di tiap halaman ada adegan si Thorn kalo ga megang rokok, lagi nyalain rokok. Bahkan di rumah sakit pas Sabina dirawat karena koma.
Yessyamarilis
khas harlequin yg tipis..

ceritanya sweet,..kalem,..tp g suka ma cewenya yg lgsg takluk wkt ketemu ma heronya pasrah aj lgsg disosor,..dan seperti biasa karakter heronya standar..cakep, dingin, kaya, arogan...

it was okay buat selingan, not one of my favorite HQ..
Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch
bnernya sih ceritanya agak klise,,
tapi gw emang suka cerita yg hero/heroinenya
kayak pake topeng bwt nutupin sifat mrk sesungguhnya..
bnernya crita kayak gtu langsung gw kasih 5 star
tapiii ini mnrt gw biasa ajah
4 star aja kalo gtu^^
Dwi_eternity Lestari
Saking banyaknya baca DP jadi gak inget satu persatu yang mana
ini keknya yang ceweknya penyanyi
trus suka ma kakak pacar sahabatnya
pacar sahabatnya mau dia pura2 jadi pacarnya, eh malah jatuh hati ma kakanya.........yang ini gak ya??
Ozzy Ross
Setelah berturut -turut baca 3 novel DP jadul...menurutku ini lbh bagus dari yg dua lainnya (Kasus Sekretaris yang hilang & Janji - janji buta). Tokoh - tokohnya paling bisa dipahami jalan pemikirannya & alur ceritanya cukup bagus.
Magen
This is one of my favorite books. It makes me laugh, cry, and scream. I've read it over and over again, and I'm always touched by the tortured past of Sabina. And her strength to rise up. I LOVE this book!
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Tiger Prince
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Passion Becomes You
  • The Devil's Heart
  • Crescendo
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Beauty and the Sheikh (A is for Alpha, #1)
  • A Marine for Christmas (Harlequin Super Romance (Larger Print))
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2 & Greek Tycoons, #3)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade