Start by marking “Harry Potter y el Prisionero de Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter y el Prisionero de Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)

Harry Potter y el Prisionero de Azkaban (Harry Potter #3)

4.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,745,993 Ratings  ·  29,543 Reviews
Por la cicatriz que lleva en la frente, sabemos que Harry Potter no es un niño como los demás, sino el héroe que venció a lord Voldemort, el mago más temible y maligno de todos los tiempos y culpable de la muerte de los padres de Harry. Desde entonces, Harry no tiene más remedio que vivir con sus pesados tíos y su insoportable primo Dudley, todos ellos muggles, o sea, pers ...more
Published April 28th 2001 by Salamandra (first published July 8th 1999)

Raeleen Lemay
Feb 27, 2016 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
re-read in February 2016
Harry is getting his sass on. I love it.

Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas to You

OH MAN. THIS BOOK IS SO MY FAVORITE.

The phone conversation at the beginning between Ron and Uncle Vernon was PRICELESS. I wish so much that that scene had been in the movie.

I was so into reading this book that I failed to take notes, so I don't have many specifics to add except that I love how Crookshanks was basically Sirius's secret agent spy cat friend and I LOVE THAT.

Also, this
Khanh (the Grinch)

I last read this book when I was 14 years old, given that I'm almost 32 now, I have a whole new perspective on it. Despite the fact that I gave this book 5 stars previously, I have to admit that it didn't grow on me until this, my second read.

Confession time: I didn't like Remus or Sirius.

*Khanh ducks as rotten fruit and eggs are thrown her way*

OK, OK, I'M SORRY! I've since changed my mind! Notice that I used the past tense.

Obviously, there will be spoilers for the book below, for the 1.5 of yo
Wil Wheaton
Sep 12, 2014 Wil Wheaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I'm beginning to wonder if there will ever be a Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher who is just a teacher.
Zoë
Jul 30, 2015 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yup yup yup I love this book
Chris
Feb 09, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, harry-potter
Since pretty much everyone I know has read these books, I figure reviewing them is pretty pointless. But with the new book coming out in a couple of weeks, I have to go through them beginning to end. To make the reviews more entertaining, I will be doing them in a variety of unexpected formats. For this review, I will be writing as Crookshanks fan fiction.

Crookshanks swished his tail back and forth as he crept up the stairs to the boys' bedrooms. He knew the rat wasn't what it was pretending to
Navessa
Feb 27, 2016 Navessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Still five stars. Love this so much. Can't review. Couldn't even take notes. Watched the movie immediately after finishing. Need next book. Wish I lived in this world. Damn you, Rowling.

Saniya
Oct 30, 2011 Saniya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of-course, this book was EPIC! =D
Its Harry Potter now. It has to be epic! *Rolling eyes but smiling widely* xD

Kiki
Jul 13, 2015 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Literally one of the best books I've ever read. I was chained to it for two days. I cried and laughed and yelled SHIT when all of the action went down.

I'm such a peasant for judging this series before I had read it. I read the first two and half of this one when I was about 10, before reading was cool, before I had the attention span that reading requires (I know these are kids' books but I was a particularly distracted child). I did not know, Mother Rowling. Forgive my sin, and all the times wh
Delee
Buddy-read with two of my Great Escape gal pals- Stepheny and Ivonne.

photo 8c2dfbee-747b-4477-853c-86940b726771_zpsfet1adlx.jpg

Be on the look out for Stepheny Potthead aka The Book Pusher aka Quick Draw Stepheny aka The Nutty Professor. Last seen running along side the Knight Bus with Harry Potter's invisible cloak. Also Suspected in the kidnapping of fellow Goodreader Jeff and best-selling author Stephen King. Blonde Hair...big green doll eyes, has a frightening maniacal cackle and a tendency to whine when she doesn't get her way. LOUDLY. Considered a
Brina
Mar 30, 2016 Brina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads, j-k-rowling
Harry Potter for me is like warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream. It is the ultimate comfort read. This must have been at least the 10th time I've read it but I have lost track. The theme I can take out of this particular book especially after reading it all these times is hope. Harry largely naive for most of the first three books, meets Sirius for the first time and his world changes. For ever so briefly he thinks he can leave the Dursleys for good and live entirely in the wizarding world. Of ...more
Mohammed Arabey
Aug 14, 2016 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
عندما بدأت هذا الجزء كنت متخوفا من أن اجد أحداث مشابهة للجزئين السابقين..ولكني كنت مخطئا
كلب اسود غريب يظهر لهاري وحده يسبب له الفزع، إنه نذير الشؤم

يبدأ هاري عامه الدراسي بأغرب الاحداث..ويقابله وزير السحر ويقدم إستثناء خاص لهاري غير متوقع

مجرم وقاتل هارب من ازبكان..له ماض سئ مع عائله هاري بوتر..ينجح في التسلل للمدرسة ويسبب فزعا كبيرا

لم يستطع احد الامساك به برغم حراسة المدرسة بحراس أفظع من المجرمين نفسهم..يبثون الرعب في التلاميذ..بالاخص هاري

مدرس الدفاع ضد السحر الأسود هذه المرة هو الأفضل..إلا إنه ي
Ayesha
Jun 25, 2016 Ayesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

*I was feeling guilty okay?Seeing this in my currently reading shelf while in reality it was in standby mode. *

And there are Moony,Padfoot,Prongs and Wormtail (Sexy names) in Prisoner of Azkaban....So, the welcome home thing gets even better.

--Since my reading slump won't let me read or sleep ,I might as well try to knock some sense into mudblood people who still haven't picked up the perfection that is Harry Potter. Hey don't look at me acc
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Feb 03, 2016 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Hayat (being the number one) and everybody else.

“You think the dead we love ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?”

*Guess which character said the above quote. (view spoiler)

The following isn’t really a review, more like random thoughts while and after reading the magical book:

1. Aunt Marge deserved it alright. Lol.
2. I’m against hurting kids but could I make a bloody exception with Draco?
3. I enjoyed every class with Prof. Lupin. I agre
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
OKAY. This book was fantastic! I can't get over how everything just fell into place perfectly. Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the series so far which is actually a surprise since Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was my least favorite movie growing up.

But reading and watching the movie truly is a different experience. Even though I've seen the movies repeatedly year after year, I was still on my toes while I was turning the pages of my book. It was like I was seeing all of this for
Brad
Dec 02, 2010 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know that many of you out there haven't gotten around to reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Much like Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, Germaine Greer's The Female Eunuch and Lucifer's worldwide bestseller The Holy Bible, you own a copy, it gathers dust, but its never been read. You've been thinking about it, though. You see it there on the shelf and you wonder, "Is this book for me?"

The following checklist will tell you all you need to know about Harry Potter and the Prisoner
Kai
Jul 13, 2016 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

When I finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the first time, it immediately became my next favourite book. J. K. Rowling outdid herself, and wrote something even bigger and better than before. And she'll keep doing it for another 4 books.

There's just nothing to criticise about book 3. Compared to the other books there's not a single scene that makes me uncomfortable, that I'd prefer
P
Jul 21, 2016 P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Re-read - Only the Quidditch scenes earned five stars from me. This book is EPIC. Suffice to say that Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the best of the series. The story gets darker and more complex than the previous books. Harry, Ron and Hermiome don't chase the clue this time, they have to find a way to guard their lives from the most horrendous prisoner, Sirius Black.

“Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways.”

Harry grows up
Etnik
description

I don't understand why they use time travel in this one,and not in the other books.That would have made things a lot easier.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
So I was supposed to buddy read this with BB&B , but then Rickman, so I binge read it in a day, and here we are.

Whatever. This is my favorite book in the series. I'll write a full review when I can think about Harry Potter without feeling like I've been sucker punched.

Jo ★The Book Sloth★

pinkgal
It was September 1998; the third Harry Potter book had just been released. Pottermania? What's that? It was still unknown except to a vast population of younglings who'd read it... and I fell in love. Oh, how I fell in love. I fell in love with the poor, starved-for-affection, later known to be a twit Harry. I fell in love with the pretentious know-it-all Hermione. I fell in love with the awkward, grew-up-in-his-brother's-shadows Ron... and most of all? I fell in love with the snarky, unplatable ...more
(9 3/4) Gerasimos
Jun 09, 2016 (9 3/4) Gerasimos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favourites, reread
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 Expecto Patronum stars!

I grew up with Harry Potter. Yes, I am that generation. I was a little bit younger than 11 when the books were released, and when the final book was published I had just graduated high school. I'm also the same age as Daniel Radcliffe and he's only older than me by less than a month. I also have a deathly hallows bumper sticker on my car. So, I think it's safe to say that this series has had a profound effect on me, to the point where I am still a little bit bitter tha
Sofii♡
Aug 26, 2016 Sofii♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

“You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?”

This has been INCREDIBLE !

This is a of those books that is so well written that just want to read it again, I've enjoyed it alot, but I also had some problems when trying to get involved myself with the plot, and even seems a bit tedious in parts , but half onwards goes gradually improving.

.The way Harry rebels against his uncles seemed to me wonderful, I thought , F
Kristina Horner
I'd completely forgotten about some of the details of this book. Also it's killing me how often spells Harry hasn't learned yet would easily solve predicaments they get in!!

Evgeny
Feb 02, 2016 Evgeny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monster Book of Monsters

Harry Potter is in his third year of Hogwarts School of Wizardry. His studies at the school are never boring so this time an escaped evil wizard whose sole remaining purpose in life seems to be pay back Harry for Lord Voldemort's humiliation stirs quite an excitement.

Let us stop here for a second because I want to ask myself a following question. Why do I even bother with the plot descriptions? Is it possible to find a modern educated person with even passing interest in literature who never re
Anabel (inthebookcorner)
My favorite in the series so far! I also re-watched the movie yesterday :D
Councillor
Is there any way to write a review on any of the Harry Potter books without doing it injustice? Nearly nobody attempts to create a full review on this series because of 1) its popularity, 2) its huge fanbase and 3) its awesomeness in general. And neither will I do so. The first book was fantastic, although I read it probably ten years too late in my life. The second book was not so fantastic, but still a great book. And the third one ... completely blew my mind.

I wanted to write a review on this
Chelsea
Reread November 2015

It took me over a month to read this, because I have been so busy with college. It definitely got in the way of my reading experience, but I loved POA nonetheless! It has been two or three years since I've read it and I forgot so much!

My only complaint is that there were a lot of references to events in previous books. She explained Quidditch again, told us who Ron and Hermione are, what happened at the end of last school year... And to me, that wasn't necessary.

There are so
  • Conrad's Fate (Chrestomanci, #5)
  • The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11)
  • Sign of the Unicorn (The Chronicles of Amber #3)
  • Lady Knight (Protector of the Small, #4)
  • The Riddle (The Books of Pellinor, #2)
  • The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3)
  • Son of the Shadows (Sevenwaters, #2)
  • Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles, #5)
  • The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl, #0.5, #1.5)
  • Dinotopia: The World Beneath
  • The Farthest-Away Mountain
  • Abarat (Abarat, #1)
  • Tower of Thunder (Tennis Shoes, #9)
  • The Serpent Gift (The Shamer Chronicles, #3)
  • A Wizard Alone (Young Wizards, #6)
  • The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain