Start by marking “The Pro” as Want to Read:
The Pro

The Pro

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  248 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Zach Freeman is a cop with a single obsession. Lee Hastings is a free wheeling, high class prostitute who thinks his life is just fine until Zachary comes along and threatens to turn it upside down. Zach doesn't care about Lee's life or anything else for that matter. He wants to nail the guy who was involved in the death of a little girl, a guy who is one of Lee Hastings' ...more
Published September 14th 2008 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Pro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pro

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
202nd out of 601 books — 934 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderThe Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie DeeSoul Bonds by Lynn LorenzEasy by Ally BlueBe My Boy by Casey K. Cox
Best Gay Rent Boys
60th out of 198 books — 332 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen K
Lee is a high-paid hooker male escort who cares about his clients and treats them with respect, he has a heart of gold despite being treated quite poorly in his life and I fell in love with him instantly. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and his instant attraction to Zach was heartfelt and jumped off the page for me. Zach is a highly-obsessed cop who's thisclose to being a washed-up alcoholic and though it took a little while for me to warm up to him, he eventually won me over. The cop and th ...more
Heather
Hot story about a male prostitute who becomes involved with a hot police officer while working undercover to bring down a drug lord.

Lots of sexual tension!! It took a while for sex to happen between the H/H, and when it did it was really really steamy. Good plot, although towards the end, I would have liked a little more focus on the relationship and less on the criminals...

I enjoyed it!

xo
Lara
Hmm. Two things this book made me realize. First, I love me some rent boys. Lee was too cute & I totally loved his character. Second, I think I need a break from cops for a while. I'm on law enforcement overload lately. Too much obsession with bad guys & plots that have a million holes. For the most part this was a nice little romance. Great sex. But the bad guy plot left a little to be desired.
Pia Veleno
Another first for me -- first DJ Manly read -- and I'm sure there will be more.

Lee enjoys his job as an elite escort to the rich men of the city until he meets manly-man and cop, Zach. While it hasn't bothered Lee that his clients like to tell him they own him, order him around, and call him a slut and a whore, suddenly Lee cares about being called a prostitute when it comes out of Zach's mouth.

But there's more than just the budding romance that both men are resisting for their own reasons, ther
Alina
I loved it!
Hot and dynamic story with loads of sexual tension! Both characters're very likeable, their relationship hot and intense and the crime solving part was engaging too.
Very good read!
Kazza
This was an excellent read. I've read 3 rent-boy books in as many days. This one is the best hands down.

Zach is an emotionally burnt out cop attached to the SFPD, who drinks too much, mornings included, and is obsessed with putting away a man responsible for his waking and sleeping nightmares of a 4 year old girl that was left for dead and he couldn't save. His 'work' obsession has ended his previous relationship with his partner, Peter, and he's lonely, sexually frustrated, with attitude to bac
Elisa Rolle
I don't know if D.J. Manly is a "he" or a "she" by I tend to be incline for a "he": he has a way to describe his men that is primordial and open, very raw but not vulgar.

Lee is a whore. He prefers to call himself male escort, and he is a very expensive male escort, but even if he has some nice and caring "customers", he is always a whore. And one of his customer is a vicious criminal who is targeted by Zach, a liutenant who has devoted his life to bring him down. Zach has lost his life and his l
Feliz
This started out as a really good read. It's a nice enough story with lots of hot sex. The concept, a hooker and a cop falling in love, isn't new but the author did a great job delivering it. The two men, Lee and Zach, are both wonderfully tortured heroes, and particularly Lee is a really likeable character. The way the interaction with his dying trick was described...moving. And the dialogue was just delicious, witty banter and funny double entendres.

Unfortunately, at about two thirds of the b
Ami
Tamela
Good basic story but I wasn't too happy with the characters. I guess because I have an issue with alcoholics and find the idea of a police office drinking on the job and while driving a real problem. So I did NOT like Zach. Especially when he blackmailed Lee into risking his life to do Zach's job.

Oops, I'm getting on my soap box so I'll stop here and say it was a good read but not one I'll re-read. But remember, that's just MY problems about drinking talking.
Cindi
This story is about a high class male escort (Lee) who is forced by a hot cop (Zach) to become an informant to get information on one of his johns.

I really enjoyed this book. Watching Lee and Zach as their relationship grew was very entertaining. Though Lee knew his feelings for Zach had changed, he still had to continue doing his job. While there was some jealousy on Zach's part, the story didn't bog down as a result of it. While the action with the "bad guys" was somewhat minimal, it didn't d
Shaz
D.J. Manly is a hit or miss kind of author for me. I either truly enjoy the books, or I really don't connect with the characters at all. Luckily, I really enjoyed this one!

It could be (and I suppose it is) a rather cliche story about an obsessed cop who virtually blackmails a male prostitute to be a snitch for him. But the way D.J. tell this story lets you see beyond that. You get drawn into the lives of Zach and Lee. You get to understand why Zach is so obsessed. And how Lee is perfectly happy
Gwen
I love this book. I love how Lee and Zach just seem so wrong for each other at first but then they are so perfect. Who would this a male escort would make an obsessed alcoholic cop change his ways and fall in love.
ElaineY
J.lot
Average story on an average cop that blackmails an average male prostitute in order to catch the average bad guy. Ensue an average love story between the average cop and the average male prostitute that results in the average happy ending, with the average bad guy in prison and the average male prostitute leaving the profession for love.
Debra Strattford
Hot, hot and hot and I love their relationship. Very good!
Lisa - President of Challengeaholics  Anon and Challenge Enabler
I liked this book.Zach is a cop on a mission to catch a man who he believes set up the abduction of a 4 year old girl.Lee is a high class prostitute who Zach enlists as a CI.
Noughty
3,5

Could have been more developed, felt a little too simple - characters and plot
Gwendolyn
Zachary is an asshole. I kept hoping Lee would tell Lebeau, and the guy would off Zach.
Amanda
IMO the main characters were unlikeable, it's insta-love and super cheesy.
Deliane
Deliane marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Apr 13, 2015
Eoinda
Eoinda marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
  • Beautiful Cocksucker
  • Sin Row (Sin #1)
  • Miles to Go
  • The Long Way Home
  • Snowed In
  • Undercover Sins (Secret Sins #1)
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Hard Fall (Deputy Joe, #1)
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • Three Wrong Turns in the Desert (Have Body, Will Guard, #1)
  • Easy
  • Black Point (Black Point, #1)
  • Unspeakable Words
  • Bring The Heat
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • The Night Porter (Night Porter, #1)
  • Man Candy (Candy, #1)
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...
Melting Ice 1 (Melting Ice, #1) My Father's Lover Marry Me Or Die The Other Man Melting Ice 2 (Melting Ice, #2)