Start by marking “The Christmas Puppy” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Puppy

The Christmas Puppy

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One snowy night, Zach's beloved puppy, Tina, disappears from the yard. Weeks later, Zach spots the puppy in town while he and his mother are Christmas shopping. Tina has become the pet of a lonely old man...and now Zach faces a difficult decision.
Published October 1st 1999 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Puppy

Tawny Angerame
The Christmas Puppy was the best children's book I read as a kid. To be honest, I do not remember any books I read specifically, however this book is a book I connected with. As a young kid, we are drawn to the simple things in life, such as: christmas, candy, puppies, colors, etc. Well, when there is a book written about christmas, a puppy, and has colorful pictures, children are very drawn to the book. When I read this book as a little kid, I remember actually crying because Tina, Zach's dog, ...more
Mary Jo
May 31, 2014 Mary Jo added it
Shelves: children-s-lit
"The Christmas Puppy" by Roberta Grobel Intrater is a realistic fictional book. It is an intermediate children's book based on a true story of a lost puppy during Christmas time.
Charlie
Title: The Christmas Puppy
Author: Roberta Grobel Intrater
Illustrator: Bruce McNally

Summary: A boy named Zach has a puppy named Tina who ran free one Christmas. Zach finds Tina with a lonely old man while he and his mom are shopping. Zach let's the man keep Tina, because that's what Christmas is about.

What an amazing book! I was so upset I couldn't give it 100 stars! This book reminds me about what Christmas really is about and many more things.
Deanna
This is about a puppy that likes Christmas and if you like animals you will like this book.

P.S. it came from a shelter.
Sarah Cole
Was a cute book.
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Jazmine
Jazmine marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Teresa Schulz
Teresa Schulz marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Sarah added it
Jun 04, 2013
Smile! Baby Faces Board Book #01: Peek-a-boo Hugs & Kisses (Baby Faces) Splash! (Baby Faces) Sleep