Start by marking “Millie in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Millie in the Snow

Millie in the Snow (Lieselotte #2)

Millie loves being a mail cow even more than she used to love scaring the mail carrier. And helping him deliver the town's holiday presents is the highlight of her winter. She does such a good job that the mail carrier trusts Millie to deliver his gifts to everyone on the farm. But when she gets lost on her way back, Millie wonders if she'll ever make it home to deliver th ...more
Published October 7th 2008 by Walker Childrens (first published June 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Millie in the Snow, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Heidi-Marie
I loved returning to Millie's adventures. I knew the presents would get mixed up and was excited to see who "got" what and how they used it. (Hilarious, by the way.) But there were a few pages that I was a bit confused with. I wasn't sure exactly how to follow the action occurring. (Those rule this out as a storytime option for me.) A few spots of humor that school-age would love. Preschool might if they get the jokes. Adults may roll their eyes and try not to smile (like I did). Not as great as ...more
Daydream Believer
Die Bilder waren wie immer sehr süß ❤
Leider hat mir die Geschichte aber diesmal nicht ganz so gut gefallen.

3,5 Sterne
Dolly
Nov 30, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
I discovered this book at our girls' elementary school library. The librarian was nice enough to give me my own card, so I occasionally borrow a book. I was visiting during the morning to watch our youngest get an award. After I said goodbye to her, I decided to see if I could find So, What's It Like to Be a Cat?, a book that wasn't available through my county library system, but was on the shelves at the school. My oldest just happened to be having library time then, so she helped me find some ...more
Skye Kilaen
May 06, 2016 Skye Kilaen rated it really liked it
A simple little story that’s funny because of all the visual details, including a turnip Advent Calendar, a bright red monster tongue that’s not what it appears to be, and many accidentally repurposed Christmas presents. Millie the mail cow has only one delivery left to make before Christmas. To her own farm! And of course she knows just where that is. Maybe. It's just over there, right? Right?

Notably, this is one of the only children’s picture books I've read that identifies a woman as a farmer
Lynna
Dec 16, 2016 Lynna rated it liked it
Super cute pictures...story not that great....
Lynn
Oct 14, 2008 Lynn rated it liked it
This was clever and fun. My 5-year-old grandsons were a trifle too young for it though. There was too much space between the first page with all the gifts to the end where they are all jumbled for them. When we read it a second time, we stopped and I made a point of talking about each gift and speculating about it. That helped a lot but they wouldn't have gotten there on their own. Older kids would pick up on the joke though.
Beth
Cute story about a mailcow (yes, really, she helps the local mail carrier) who gets lost, slips in the snow and ice, and jumbles up the Christmas gifts for everyone on the farm.

Neat feature: the "farmer" is a single woman (the mail carrier's sweet on her).

Illustrations are fun.

Not exceptional but quirky and humorous enough to deserve some attention.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, christmas
This story is about a mail cow, she helps deliver the mail and packages around Christmas time. The pictures are what made our entire family laugh. Minutes later we all busted up laughing again just thinking about some of the pictures. It helps when daddy makes the funny sounds and gives each character a different voice.
Liza Gilbert
Aug 29, 2009 Liza Gilbert rated it really liked it
I really love Millie. Steffensmeier's illustrations are rich with detail but not overly done. The observant reader will enjoy the jokes within the pictures, but the reader who wants the story straight-up will also be happy.
Peninnah
Feb 04, 2016 Peninnah rated it liked it
Details are so important in books for children and this book will have your young people asking to read it again and again so that they can examine the pictures. I appreciated all the gift ideas and their various uses. It’s important to be home at the holidays, no matter where you find home.
Relyn
Jul 12, 2012 Relyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted at the library
I think my students would enjoy the high jinks of Millie the Cow. I definitely loved the illustrations, too. I would say it's probably an appealing book for grades preK - 1. It's really a pretty young book.
BookCupid
Jan 22, 2013 BookCupid rated it really liked it
Talk about a surprise ending!! I hope there's another Millie adventure coming soon.
Morgan
Oct 13, 2008 Morgan rated it really liked it
Nice Christmas picture book that doesn't have anything to do with religion.
Danica Midlil
The illustrations are just chock-full of hilarious visual gags and silliness. LOVE these books!
Bree
Dec 05, 2012 Bree rated it liked it
Notes:
lots going on in illustrations -- must linger
kids laugh throughout and love the ending
Anthony
Dec 30, 2015 Anthony rated it liked it
Millie a mail cow gets discombobulated while heading home to deliver Christmas gifts to her family after her shift is over.
Anne
Feb 04, 2009 Anne rated it really liked it
Great illustrations add depth and talking points to the story, giving a boost to those using it for developing early literacy skills.
Kelly
Mar 22, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Adorable adventure, but much better suited to a lap read so that the readers can experience all the details.
Ardis
Feb 17, 2012 Ardis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, picture-books
great illustrations with lots to look at, funny ending.
Jami
Feb 10, 2010 Jami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime-stories
A cute story about a mail delivery cow. The storyline was a bit choppy but still entertaining.
Boni
Nov 26, 2008 Boni rated it liked it
The illustrations in this book are hilarious- there is so much going on! My kids could spend all day looking at them.
Tirzah
Jul 28, 2016 Tirzah rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A Millie adventure about getting lost and eventually finding your way back home! The end picture is quite comical. :)
Karen
Mar 24, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wunderschön.
Susan Erhardt
Oct 30, 2008 Susan Erhardt rated it really liked it
Cute, but I don't ADORE it the way I did the first Millie book.
Maren Prestegaard
Dec 01, 2013 Maren Prestegaard rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Little M likes this one. There's a pretend monster in it and that sealed the deal. I'm not as much of a superfan.
Lynn
Feb 21, 2010 Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Not as cute as the first one, but still good.
Alice
Jun 11, 2014 Alice rated it liked it
This is a Christmas Book! It didn't have a Christmas label on it so I figured it was just a winter book. It isn't. It was fine, I didn't love it. Why is a cow delivering mail. Strange
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Fragmentage
Fragmentage rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
"1977 in Lippstadt geboren und anschließend einige Kilometer von dort in Mantinghausen aufgewachsen. Ostwestfale also.
Im Kindergarten Kastanienmännchen, in der Schule Abitur und in der Altenpflege
Zivildienst gemacht.

Ab 1998 Designstudium mit Schwerpunkt Illustration an der Fachhochschule Münster.
Diplom im Juli 2004.

Seit 2003 als freier Illustrator für verschiedene Verlage tätig." (http://www.ale
More about Alexander Steffensmeier...

Lieselotte (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Millie Waits for the Mail (Millie's Misadventures)
  • Lieselotte sucht einen Schatz
  • Lieselotte bleibt wach
  • Lieselotte macht Urlaub
  • Lieselotte feiert Geburtstag
  • Schläfst du schon, Lieselotte?
  • Lieselotte versteckt sich