Start by marking “Millie in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Millie in the Snow

Millie in the Snow

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Millie’s new job as a mail cow keeps her very busy. Christmastime is especially hectic, and she can barely wait for the milking to be done before she’s out delivering presents.

On Christmas Eve, at the end of a long day, the mail carrier sends Millie home with all the presents he’s made for the farmer and the other animals. Only, Millie gets a bit confused by the snow-cover
Published September 30th 2008 by Walker Childrens (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Millie in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millie in the Snow

Heidi
I loved returning to Millie's adventures. I knew the presents would get mixed up and was excited to see who "got" what and how they used it. (Hilarious, by the way.) But there were a few pages that I was a bit confused with. I wasn't sure exactly how to follow the action occurring. (Those rule this out as a storytime option for me.) A few spots of humor that school-age would love. Preschool might if they get the jokes. Adults may roll their eyes and try not to smile (like I did). Not as great as ...more
Dolly
Dec 02, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
I discovered this book at our girls' elementary school library. The librarian was nice enough to give me my own card, so I occasionally borrow a book. I was visiting during the morning to watch our youngest get an award. After I said goodbye to her, I decided to see if I could find So, What's It Like to Be a Cat?, a book that wasn't available through my county library system, but was on the shelves at the school. My oldest just happened to be having library time then, so she helped me find some ...more
Alice
This is a Christmas Book! It didn't have a Christmas label on it so I figured it was just a winter book. It isn't. It was fine, I didn't love it. Why is a cow delivering mail. Strange
Kelly
Adorable adventure, but much better suited to a lap read so that the readers can experience all the details.
Vayda Williams
This was a wonderful Christmas-time story. The illustrations are beautiful and funny.
Kara Anderson
I actually laughed out loud with my son while reading this! So funny.
Lynn
This was clever and fun. My 5-year-old grandsons were a trifle too young for it though. There was too much space between the first page with all the gifts to the end where they are all jumbled for them. When we read it a second time, we stopped and I made a point of talking about each gift and speculating about it. That helped a lot but they wouldn't have gotten there on their own. Older kids would pick up on the joke though.
Beth Chandler
Cute story about a mailcow (yes, really, she helps the local mail carrier) who gets lost, slips in the snow and ice, and jumbles up the Christmas gifts for everyone on the farm.

Neat feature: the "farmer" is a single woman (the mail carrier's sweet on her).

Illustrations are fun.

Not exceptional but quirky and humorous enough to deserve some attention.
Melissa
This story is about a mail cow, she helps deliver the mail and packages around Christmas time. The pictures are what made our entire family laugh. Minutes later we all busted up laughing again just thinking about some of the pictures. It helps when daddy makes the funny sounds and gives each character a different voice.
Liza Gilbert
I really love Millie. Steffensmeier's illustrations are rich with detail but not overly done. The observant reader will enjoy the jokes within the pictures, but the reader who wants the story straight-up will also be happy.
Relyn
Feb 02, 2014 Relyn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted at the library
I think my students would enjoy the high jinks of Millie the Cow. I definitely loved the illustrations, too. I would say it's probably an appealing book for grades preK - 1. It's really a pretty young book.
Anne
Great illustrations add depth and talking points to the story, giving a boost to those using it for developing early literacy skills.
Boni
The illustrations in this book are hilarious- there is so much going on! My kids could spend all day looking at them.
Maren Prestegaard
Little M likes this one. There's a pretend monster in it and that sealed the deal. I'm not as much of a superfan.
the Reeds
A cute story about a mail delivery cow. The storyline was a bit choppy but still entertaining.
Danica Midlil
The illustrations are just chock-full of hilarious visual gags and silliness. LOVE these books!
Bree
Notes:
lots going on in illustrations -- must linger
kids laugh throughout and love the ending
BookCupid
Talk about a surprise ending!! I hope there's another Millie adventure coming soon.
Kara Dean
I preferred the previous tile, Millie Waits for the Mail. But this was cute.
Morgan
Nice Christmas picture book that doesn't have anything to do with religion.
Susan Erhardt
Cute, but I don't ADORE it the way I did the first Millie book.
Ardis
great illustrations with lots to look at, funny ending.
Lynn
Not as cute as the first one, but still good.
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Tod
Tod added it
Oct 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
"1977 in Lippstadt geboren und anschließend einige Kilometer von dort in Mantinghausen aufgewachsen. Ostwestfale also.
Im Kindergarten Kastanienmännchen, in der Schule Abitur und in der Altenpflege
Zivildienst gemacht.

Ab 1998 Designstudium mit Schwerpunkt Illustration an der Fachhochschule Münster.
Diplom im Juli 2004.

Seit 2003 als freier Illustrator für verschiedene Verlage tätig." (http://www.ale
More about Alexander Steffensmeier...
Millie Waits for the Mail Millie and the Big Rescue Lieselotte bleibt wach Lieselotte sucht einen Schatz Lieselotte macht Urlaub