Start by marking “The Book Of The Pearl” as Want to Read:
The Book Of The Pearl

The Book Of The Pearl (Samurai Girl #3)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  419 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When I was six months old, I dropped from the sky - the lone survivor of a deadly Japanese plane crash. The newspapers called me Heaven. I was adopted by a wealthy family in Tokyo, pampered, and protected. For19 years, I thought I was lucky.
Paperback
Published June 1st 2005 by Simon & Schuster Ltd (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Book Of The Pearl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Of The Pearl

mika
Samurai Girl is pretty fun and possibly – very possibly – mentally stimulating for a young Asian American woman of about 13-17 years old. but I found it annoying that all the women of color were bitchy towards the protagonist and that all the blond women were nice to her and that all the women were subordinate to – and fighting to be on the good side of – powerful men. also really annoyingly hetero-normative.
Merary
Katie
As like each edition before this one, I raced through this book pretty quickly. Maybe it's just me, but the plot seems to be seriously waning. Although Heaven's ex-fience and her sort-of "nemisis" Teddy admitted in Book 2 that he actually felt "in love" with Heaven and helped her foil his own father's mistaken kidnapping of Karen. A job that was supposed to snag Heaven for her and Teddy's second-attempt at their arranged wedding to join the two yakuza families. Since Teddy tipped Heaven off and ...more
Chelsea
Eh. Still the same middling story and characters as the first two, but I read this one nearly as fast. Do with that what you will.

Karen (the girlfriend of Hiro, Heaven's crush) gets justifiably cranky about Heaven being around all the time (seeing as she was kidnapped and held hostage by scary Japanese mafia guys for three days because they got her confused with Heaven, and correctly surmised that both she and Hiro could be in more danger if they continue to spend time with Heaven), but is prett
Jennifer Watson
This book was very good. I had a connection to the mian character on many levels. She had a best friend that found ways to get her jobs or in a position, just like my friends, she has a crush on someone who has a girlfriend like I do. It was weird becuase the theme of the story is that a clear mind could take you through situations in life.I loved the action in the story and I cannot wait to read the other stories to come!!!!!
Amber
The third is much the same as the first two however some of the fighting is gone. There is still confrontation, romantic troubles, and friend trouble. All things a 19 year old deals with but with martial arts and death threats.

The character is growing up albeit a little at a time. Her new job is a source of amusement.

Another quick read.
Tyron Hampton
This book is great I was reading almost every minte of everyday. The charcter Heaven Kogo is a great addition to this book. The fighting, her blind romance for Hiro, and her silent fighting with Karen. My overall recomendation is a 5 star I recomend this to everyone who likes action
Caroline
Aug 06, 2008 Caroline rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Heaven must train to make her mind as blank as a pearl. OMMMMMMMMMM. Being a samurai isn't all about swordfighting and defending honor, so it seems.
Vanessa
Not as good as the other books....these are easy reads but this particular one was missing many of the exciting elements that the other books had.
Karen Brennan
Still enjoying this series. It definitely goes in directions I don't expect. These books are very fast reads.
Angie crosby
Good book of the continuing story of Heaven. I think however the story is being drug out.
Hannah
Dramatic and moving.
Maariyah
Love love love itttttt
haha.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Leslie Bond
Leslie Bond marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Kristina Macek
Kristina Macek marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
  • Princess Jellyfish, Tome 8
  • Downstairs, Upstairs (Elizabeth, #4)
  • For the Love of Venice
  • Breaking Rank
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Kristy's Book (The Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Dancing with an Alien
  • Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)
  • War of the Clones (Replica, #23)
  • The Talisman (Daughters of the Moon, #10)
  • Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)
CARRIE ASAI is a pseudonym.
More about Carrie Asai...

Samurai Girl (8 books)
  • The Book of the Sword (Samurai Girl, #1)
  • The Book of the Shadow (Samurai Girl, #2)
  • The Book of the Wind (Samurai Girl, #4)
  • The Book of the Flame (Samurai Girl, #5)
  • The Book of the Heart (Samurai Girl, #6)
  • Untitled (Samurai Girl, #7)
  • Untitled (Samurai Girl #8)
The Book of the Sword (Samurai Girl, #1) The Book of the Shadow (Samurai Girl, #2) The Book of the Wind (Samurai Girl, #4) The Book of the Heart (Samurai Girl, #6) The Book of the Flame (Samurai Girl, #5)