Start by marking “The April Rabbits” as Want to Read:
The April Rabbits

The April Rabbits

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  7 reviews
As Robert goes about his daily activities during April, he encounters an ever-increasing number of rabbits.
Published June 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The April Rabbits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The April Rabbits

Melki
What an adorable book!

On April 1st, while Robert heads off to school, he spies a rabbit. On April 2nd, he sees two rabbits. As the days fly by, the number of rabbits increases. Some are in plain sight, others require a little searching to find. Kids will have fun counting all 28 bunnies gathered round a campfire as their dinner, a giant head of lettuce, roasts on a spit.

The wonderful pen and ink wash illustrations are by New Yorker cartoonist, Nurit Karlin.

Sadly, this title has gone out of pr
Kole Ravenscroft
“‘The April Rabbits” by David Cleveland and Murit Karlin is a great childrens book. I got this book when I was in elementary and i’ve read it several times and still love it today. This book follows the main character Robert and his life through the month of April. On the first day of April there will be one rabbit; the second day there will be two, and so on. Each day Robert will encounter the rabbits doing something different then the last.

Robert is a young boy and the main character, who enco
Becky B
Robert has a very interesting April, as every day he notices more and more rabbits doing some rather imaginative things.

A humorous counting book. I love how Robert's mother takes him to the eye doctor because he's seeing so many rabbits. The illustrations are all black and white, but still fun and makes it a little more like a hide and seek to count all the rabbits on each page.
Barrett
I am apparently the only person on the internet to love this book, and I am willing to take on that burden for everyone else. April Rabbits probably contributed to my love of list-making and my latent regard for springtime. And bunnies.
Val
This very humorous, imaginative story with a hilarious ending is one of my family's favorites. It was one of the first of its kind in a style that was copied ever after.
Deb
Holly adored this but it was so so long....and so so long ago that we had to read it to her, because her birthday is in April.
Cheryl
The first few times I read this book I laughed so hard I cried. It is brilliantly funny and mind-bending.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 04, 2013
Marge Estrella
Marge Estrella marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Châu Phan
Châu Phan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Trisha
Trisha added it
Jun 20, 2013
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Phoenix Blackdove
Phoenix Blackdove marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Samuel Stiffler
Samuel Stiffler marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
The Frog on Robert's Head Bicycle Touring in Tuscany Balancing on a Planet: The Future of Food and Agriculture Poppyland