Start by marking “The April Rabbits” as Want to Read:
The April Rabbits

The April Rabbits

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
As Robert goes about his daily activities during April, he encounters an ever-increasing number of rabbits.
Published June 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The April Rabbits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The April Rabbits

Melki
Apr 06, 2012 Melki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
What an adorable book!

On April 1st, while Robert heads off to school, he spies a rabbit. On April 2nd, he sees two rabbits. As the days fly by, the number of rabbits increases. Some are in plain sight, others require a little searching to find. Kids will have fun counting all 28 bunnies gathered round a campfire as their dinner, a giant head of lettuce, roasts on a spit.

The wonderful pen and ink wash illustrations are by New Yorker cartoonist, Nurit Karlin.

Sadly, this title has gone out of pr
Barrett
Sep 29, 2015 Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am apparently the only person on the internet to love this book, and I am willing to take on that burden for everyone else. April Rabbits probably contributed to my love of list-making and my latent regard for springtime. And bunnies.
Kole Ravenscroft
May 15, 2014 Kole Ravenscroft rated it it was amazing
“‘The April Rabbits” by David Cleveland and Murit Karlin is a great childrens book. I got this book when I was in elementary and i’ve read it several times and still love it today. This book follows the main character Robert and his life through the month of April. On the first day of April there will be one rabbit; the second day there will be two, and so on. Each day Robert will encounter the rabbits doing something different then the last.

Robert is a young boy and the main character, who enco
Becky B
Sep 08, 2013 Becky B rated it really liked it
Robert has a very interesting April, as every day he notices more and more rabbits doing some rather imaginative things.

A humorous counting book. I love how Robert's mother takes him to the eye doctor because he's seeing so many rabbits. The illustrations are all black and white, but still fun and makes it a little more like a hide and seek to count all the rabbits on each page.
Val
This very humorous, imaginative story with a hilarious ending is one of my family's favorites. It was one of the first of its kind in a style that was copied ever after.
Deb
Mar 18, 2009 Deb rated it it was ok
Holly adored this but it was so so long....and so so long ago that we had to read it to her, because her birthday is in April.
Cheryl
Aug 17, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s, humor
The first few times I read this book I laughed so hard I cried. It is brilliantly funny and mind-bending.
Gabe
Gabe rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Kristin Hardy
Kristin Hardy rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Leslie Fisher
Leslie Fisher rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Levonjah
Levonjah marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Colton
Colton rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2015
SNB
SNB rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Siddhartha Basu
Siddhartha Basu marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Zelda
Zelda rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2015
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Carrie Holmes
Carrie Holmes marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014