Start by marking “Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)

Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny #1)

Where the mountains reared up to kiss the sky, where the land stretched out to a vast, distant sea -- that's where Abigail Trent was heading. But the moment the spirited lovely girl set eyes on the handsome Cheyenne brave, she instantly knew that no life was worth living if it wasn't by the side of the Indian scout.

Together they fought nature's violence on the harsh, unmap
Published June 1st 1996 by Zebra (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Prairie Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Prairie Passion

Federica °Kah rahna fauna°
Mar 28, 2015 Federica °Kah rahna fauna° rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I smiled,cried and i've been on the edge of my seat while reading this.I LOVE native americans and i was so excited when i found this series.The characters are great,even when i wanted to shake them i couldn't help but fall in love with them.The love story is so sweet and beautiful!
I definitely want a man like Zeke.

feels gif photo: Funny gif feels-1.gif

photo last of the mohicans_zpsicxarzgl.gif
Karen  Boruff
Mar 06, 2014 Karen Boruff rated it did not like it
I have said it before and I'll say it again....idiot whites shouldn't write about Native Americans! On page 62 I was ready to throw the book. Have no idea who this writer is, but will NEVER read another book by her. Not only is the book infantile it is poorly written. I may be nit picky, but in a period story, I want to be submerged, taken to that time and place. It is dependent on the author, staying in tune with the period they are writing about. So little things...like "homemade" biscuits..j ...more
Lori
Jul 21, 2014 Lori rated it did not like it
Oh boy, where do I start? First let me express my awe that this book has a 4+ star rating. It kind of saddens me that people think this is good. I won't go into all the cliches and cheesy reasons I didn't like this book, but I do feel the need to point one out. Age differences of males and females don't really bother me in period books, but this one did. I could have been on board with this couple if he didn't have sex with her and then continue to refer to her as a child through the rest of the ...more
Stephanie Jenkins ortiz cerrillo
It is so hard for me to believe that this book is just the 1st book of a 7 book series. Abigail Trent goes through so much on her families adventure going west. At 15 she has gone through more than most people do in their lifetime. So much death, so many struggles but at 15 she is already a strong woman and she is in a whirl wind deep love story with a half breed Indian that is a force to be reckoned with. I can't wait to see what happens with this love story. I'm sure that the strong love betwe ...more
Michelle
Really, you MUST get all 7 books in the Savage Destiny series and fall in love with Zeke and his Abbie!!! My heart felt every emotion possible with these two - I cried, laughed, stressed, rejoiced, cheered, worried along with them. When a book/series can do that, you *know* they're the best! If I could only keep one set of fiction books, this would be it, hands down, no hesitation!

The instant spark between Zeke and Abbie and how these two grew to love each other so that Zeke could no longer walk
Blue Falcon
Feb 03, 2014 Blue Falcon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-master-list
This review is of “Sweet Prairie Passion”, book #1 in the “Savage Destiny” series by Rosanne Bittner.

The Story: In 1845, a wagon train is headed from Tennessee west to Oregon. Among those on the train is Jason Trent, a widower, and his three children: daughters LeeAnn, 17, Abigail (Abbie), 15, the heroine of the book and the series, and son Jeremy, 7. The Trent family is leaving Tennessee because the memories of Jason’s late wife are too strong. Later, they meet up with two men who are hired to
KyBunnies
Originally posted at Bunny's Review

When starting this book I honestly thought it would be the average historical romance, just something with a little different plot twist. Oh how wrong I was in that thought.

Readers are quickly introduced to the heroine, Abigail (Abbie). Abbie is portrayed as someone young but wise in years. She is trying to take over the role of ‘mother’ in the family. A role that is normally taken over by the oldest, but with Abbie’s sister, LeeAnn, she is more concerned with
Tonya Lucas
May 07, 2016 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing

Absolutely the best western series I've ever read. Sweet Prairie Passions is the 1st book in this epic series, but let me tell you, after meeting Zeke and Abbie in this 1st book, you will not be able to stop there. So get ready for the ride of your life in Rosanne Bittner's Savage Destiny Series. If you read but one series in your life, no matter if you're a man or a woman, this book has enough drama to fill your heart with the true west, as Only Rosanne Bittner can do.
Sweet Prairie Passion, the
This is the book that I dropped by Bittner years ago and decided to re-pick up after reading some real bomb shells by her. After finishing it, I can see why I originally dropped it @ 22%. The book has some issues, which only makes sense, I guess, being one of the author’s first works, if not the first. So conclusions after finishing it?? I’m glad I finished as I know it’s the first in an epic 7 volume series that covers this relationship through decades. The book got better the further I went al ...more
Dianne
Mar 08, 2014 Dianne rated it really liked it
I found it very hard to put this book down. From page one I was drawn into Zeke and Abbie's story. I became totally absorbed in their struggles for survival. It brought to life the hardships experienced by Indians as well as settlers trying to make a new life out west.

Like many reviewers I found Abbie's age at the beginning of the book a little hard to accept. I doubt you would find many 15 year old girls display the strength and wisdom Abbie continually showed. At times I felt her character wa
April Brookshire
Jan 21, 2013 April Brookshire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This is the beginning of a big series (really a saga) about Cheyenne Zeke, a half-breed, and Abigail Trent. This first book is really good, but weird because Abigail is only 15 years old throughout the book and Zeke is 25. And while he thinks of her as a "woman-child" he also loves her as much as he would a grown woman.

Because of his heartbreaking past, he fights his love for Abigail to protect her from the hurts a white woman suffers for loving an Indian. Abigail doesn't care and would risk an
Jena
One of the best historical romances I've ever read!

In 1845, Abbie and Zeke endure unimaginable hardships as their wagon train heads toward Oregon. Half-Cheyenne and half-white, Zeke must face prejudice from some of the members of the wagon train he's sworn to protect. And at fifteen, Abbie suffers loss after personal loss. In the midst of warring Indian tribes, snakes, harsh weather, and flooding rivers, the two begin to fall in love. But can their love survive when all the world is against it?

T
Tonya Lucas
Oct 18, 2012 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
Absolutely the best series I've ever read. This 1st book will have you hooked and by the 7th book you will want it to NEVER end. A true classic!! Bittner style!! Absolutely the best western series I've ever read. Sweet Prairie Passions is the 1st book in this epic series, but let me tell you, after meeting Zeke and Abbie in this 1st book, you will not be able to stop there. So get ready for the ride of your life in Rosanne Bittner's Savage Destiny Series. If you read but one series in your life, ...more
Sbcurious
Jun 12, 2015 Sbcurious rated it it was amazing
I don't know how many times I have re-read this series. As a long time fan of Historicals this series remains my all time favorite. I've owned the originals for over 20 years and just now got them on ebook. And yes, I cried all over again. The series follows them from the time they meet through their whole lives and all that they go through, good and bad. If anyone ever asks who my favorite fictional couple is my answer will always be Zeke and his Abbie girl.
Vicki
Jul 25, 2011 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Wow I just won this book on Kindle from Rosanne Bittner. I read this series several years ago & it has remained my favorite. My books were mostly used books because at that time I couldn't find all of them new so some are falling apart & many friends borrowed & read mine also so this is really a great surprise. Thanks RB.
MARLENE D TOOTHMAN
Excellent reading

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE READ THIS BOOK AND INTEND TO READ THE SERIES. I READ THIS MORE THAN 20 years ago and still have it in pocketbook size. I was so excited to it available for my kindle. thanks again for Zeke and Abbie and the memories.

Christine
Nov 03, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
This is one of the BEST HF-western books in series I have read. I still often catch myself daydreaming and thinking about these stories.
The love between Zeke and Abby is so real. Zeke is the strongest hero in any situation he always wins.
Debra Grumbo
Zeke and Abbie was meant to be together since they laid thier eyes on each other. They had both suffer great losses and they needed each other.
Michell
Jan 05, 2011 Michell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Absolute BEST series!!!!!!!!
Lorraine
Mar 09, 2017 Lorraine rated it did not like it
Pathetic. I have never read so much whining. A 15 year old girl whining through the whole book, puts everyone into danger, falls for the Indian guide and whines for what she wants, the whole time. I cringed reading it.
Simone Z. Endrich
This was quite a disappointment. I bought the first three books in this series based on the rave reviews here, but now that I've read the first, I really don't see what all the fuss was about.

I've read other Native American historicals by Rosanne Bittner and this is definitely not one of her best efforts, I have to say. The plot is poor and the lead characters nothing to swoon over. I liked the hero Cheyenne Zeke well enough, just that the romance aspect did not seem to me at all credible. First
Wyrdness
Jul 10, 2014 Wyrdness rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Perhaps one of the most traumatically depressing romances I've ever read.

It seemed like poor Abbie just couldn't catch a break! I'm not sure her being 15 years old really added anything to the story except it meant that everyone could periodically be utterly condescending towards her and tell her to shut up because she didn't know anything. I liked Zeke and I understood why he kept pushing Abbie away, but at the same time it was very unsatisfying and I just wanted to shake him and tell him to s
Karen
Abby at 15 is strong, capable, resilient, has to cope with so much loss, yet she has great capacity to love. She can see the value & true nature of a man regardless of his skin tone.

Cheyenne Zeke still grieving for his brutally attacked family fears to love again because of bigotry. His skills, reputation & honour are all put to the test as he leads a group who question his advice from their ignorance attract misfortune.

This is quite an adventure showing skills & beliefs that were di
Crystal Flannery
May 07, 2012 Crystal Flannery rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time favorite series of books! I love them so much and have reread them again and again. The story of Zeke and Abbie is full of love and sacrifice that spans over many years and will make u love them more and more as their story unfolds. It will have u experience so many emotions and u feel as though u are right there with them the entire time. Zeke and Abbie become a part of the history on the forming of this country and Ms. Bittner has made these books so captivating u wi ...more
Lorena Helfers
Jan 03, 2016 Lorena Helfers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite new author

I f you really like the history part of historical fiction, this has by far more information than almost any that I have read.
HF was always my first pick. Most had no romance in them either.
I have read The Trail of Tears by Janet Daily so I know how horrible it really was. Some were actually well to do bad even had servants according to her book. I am 1/4 Chippewa, my grandmother was full blooded. I never met her but did know my birth mother. They were from Northern MN.
Robin
Mar 13, 2009 Robin rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a seven book "Savage Destiny" series. Excellent saga of a family and the trials of the Indian wars period, the unrelenting attempt by whites to exterminate and entire race of people. And of course action packed and deep love. My favorite books by Rosanne Bittner. Her characters are well-developed and beleivable, not like some of the romances that are contrived and sophomoric, Bittner takes time with her books. I won't ever part this collection.
Karina Halt
This is a book/series that I have been looking for for a long time! Historical-american-Indian. I read a lot of red Indian book's when I was a young teenager and have been looking for similar books as an adult. Finally I did find the author Rosanne Bittner. This series is great! Exactly what I wanted, not just a lot of erotica but history, a romance without a lot of explicit material, but a good story. I recommend highly this book and the Savage Destiny series.
Sandra
Mar 25, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
Although this is currently hands down my favorite Historical Romance series with an american Indian theme I have to say looking back Its not my favorite of the series. It was somewhat hard to swallow that a 16 years old would fall in love and end up with such an older man. I have to say though Im soooo glad I read the entire series. Its a must read for all Historical Romance fans.
Recreational Reader
Oct 02, 2012 Recreational Reader rated it it was amazing
Shelves: western-romance
This is a well told story of a wagon train crossing the plains. The focus of the story is on a young but gritty heroine and her family relationships and her love for the Indian scout leading them. This is the first in a series and I have already bought the next couple of books which is out of print but available on kindle.
L.m. Mokime
Jun 05, 2013 L.m. Mokime rated it it was amazing
This is the beginning of one of the best historical series I have ever read! I don't even know where to begin! All the hardship both Zeke and Abigail went through! Yet they survived against all odds ! Just the beginning of an awesome series!
  • Reckless Heart
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Sweet Savage Heart
  • Savage Autumn
  • My Savage Heart (McQuaid Trilogy #1)
  • Savage Destiny (The Hearts Of Liberty, #1)
  • Say You Love Me
  • Beloved Savage
  • Shadow Walker (Flame Set, #2)
  • Comanche Moon
  • Passage West
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Twin Willows
  • Lone Arrow's Pride
  • Dancing on Coals
For those of you who have not yet read my books, my stories are generally set in the American West of the 1800's and feature vividly-described, historically accurate settings that span the US from Missouri to California, from Canada to Mexico. Many of my books portray the poignant history of our Native Americans, and though the characters are my own, I use real historical locations and events in a ...more
More about Rosanne Bittner...

Savage Destiny (7 books)
  • Ride The Free Wind (Savage Destiny, #2)
  • River Of Love (Savage Destiny, #3)
  • Embrace The Wild Land (Savage Destiny , #4)
  • Climb The Highest Mountain (Savage Destiny, #5)
  • Meet The New Dawn (Savage Destiny, #6)
  • Eagle's Song (Savage Destiny, #7)