Start by marking “Destiny (Immortal Witches, #3)” as Want to Read:
Destiny (Immortal Witches, #3)

Destiny (Immortal Witches #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  574 ratings  ·  28 reviews
She is Nidaba—a immortal High Witch so ancient, so legendary, that for thousands of years she has been the ultimate prize, relentlessly pursued by Dark Witches. She has eluded all who would kill her… until a mother’s grief makes her reckless and she is captured by a madman. After endless physical and mental torment, she escapes, but her captivity has damaged her spirit as ...more
Published February 1st 2001 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best Books With Witches
211th out of 1,087 books — 1,995 voters
Dance Upon The Air by Nora RobertsMy Commander by Alanea AlderHeaven and Earth by Nora RobertsFace the Fire by Nora RobertsEternity by Maggie Shayne
Best Witch Romance Books
9th out of 113 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Auriette
Four thousand years after his first death, Nathan King is finally contented in his life. He has close friends he can trust, a profitable antiquities building, and a seaside home. Then a photo of a mentally ill woman reminds him of whom he once was ? Eannatum, King of all Sumer ? and puts his comfortable life at risk.

The woman is Nibada, a High Priestess, and Eannatum's first and only love. The first half of the book, she's in drug-induced catatonia. We learn about her, and her relationship with
Megan
This is the third book in Maggie Shayne’s “Witch” series. I didn’t think the back cover’s description of this book did it justice. It sounded very boring, and I was just going to read it because Ms. Shayne is one of my top favorite authors. I should have known that it would have been excellent! Ms. Shayne writes everything well! I read this so long ago that I don’t remember the particulars of the plot. I just remember that the witch series sounded very boring, but turned out to be a lot of fun, ...more
Elida
Jun 28, 2007 Elida rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: individuals who like to read mysical books
Shelves: witches
This is a great mysical and sensual book that flows as you read it. This book is about a king, a queen, and a high priestess that are high immortal witches 4 thousand years ago until present. It is full of adventure from begining to end. If you read this book, it is so great that I am sure you will read it in 2 days. This is a "can't be put down book."
Angela
14 April 2014: I already have the first three books in this series, but there's a box set right now for $0.99 on Kindle: Eternal Love: The Immortal Witch Series
Sharal Hunter
This was a good read! This is the third book in Maggie Shayne's witch series. The first two, ETERNITY and INFINITY, were excellent. I enjoyed the first two more than this one, but this one has a lot of historical detail of an ancient civilization. Some readers may not enjoy all of the detail, but I really found it interesting.
Yolanda
Wonderful. Takes care of a lot of historical / past questions that people may have been wondering about. Brings true love to an ending / new beginning. Then it ends with more questions. Will hopefully be taken care of by the next novel.
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Loved this trilogy. The heroine in this book is a pistol and worth the read alone. Some of Maggie's best work.
Maria Ringler
Another great read. This series should be on everyone's must read list. I'm going to miss these 3 ladies.
LaurLa
I think this was my favorite of the trilogy and a big part of that was how the author told the history of the MCs as flashbacks and memories instead of Part 1 and Part 2 as she did in the first 2 books. This is almost a complete standalone in that we had only 2 scenes with characters from the previous books. Even though Nicodemus was pretty integral to the plot, you don't need to have read his story to understand why in this one.

I didn't agree with how Nidaba blamed Nathan for choosing his kingd
Amy
May 13, 2014 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: maggie
The story of Nidaba and Nathan (Natum). Their story is truly one that spans the centuries, and one not to be missed in this wonderful series by Maggie Shayne. Nidaba was a character introduced in Infinity that at first I wondered about, but then grew to admire.

Even with the changing times of the many years she has lived, she never fully immerses herself into those times. She remains true to the life she lived when she first knew Natum. She has not led an easy life, and most people wouldn't be a
Lora
Wonderful
Bethann
I loved this series ! Maggie is my favorite author I have almost every book she has written and have re read this series several times love the sisters and romance story that they each have(less)
Kelly Russell
Final chapter in a great trilogy, where all the loose ends are tied up and conclusions are brought to light. Lots of history, suspense and a bit of cliff hanging right until the end. Great job.
Heather
In the third episode of the series, we finally find out who is the mysterious Nidaba. She meets up with someone from her past. Great ending!
Faye Irvine
So it ends.

Reading the last chapter felt like I was on a rollercoaster. Another great tale of love, and good battling evil.
Joanne
The final book in the immortal witches trilogy was really good. I loved Nibada's tale and was happy to learn of it. I did get a little confused with Puabi's glamour...it didn't always make sense to me but overall I was happy of how it played out and will likely read the series again at some point.
Jen Taylor
Amazing finish to this series! I find myself hoping for more books to come. Definitely going to check out some other books by this author.
Lisa Swanepoel
I love the story telling ability of Ms. Shayne. She is brilliant at weaving tales across time. A fabulous series.
Jane Love
Nadiba is in a mental hospital after jumping off a building will Airanna and the others find her before one of the dark ones
Jana
I love this series, but hate the fact you have to skip a few scenes
Kimchi
Nov 08, 2007 Kimchi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like the whole love over time thing
It was an ok read. I'm not really into the whole living the past, as you read the book. I only do that for one author so. this was not the best read for me. It deals with overcoming a past that was both spell binding and horrific. I was almost bored at some points but again just my opinion.

If you like para books and have a thing for Psyhco characters that live forever then this is the book for you
Christina
I really likes this book...The history thrown in and descriptions were amazing and I felt transported back millennia... Although the whole I Love him... he doesn't love me back...Oh I wish she loved me as I Love her thread was the same as the other 2 books and the outcome was predictable... I still enjoyed the story of Nidaba and Natum ~
Michelle Leah Olson
Wonderful. Takes care of a lot of the series’ past questions that characters that we’ve all been wondering about, brings true love to a beautiful culmination and then leaves us wanting more. This one has a lot of historical detail of an ancient civilization and some readers may not enjoy all of it. I found it fascinating!
Tasneem
I loved this. Yes I cried, but Nathan and Noboda have suffered so much. When they finally come together, it is wonderful.
Diana
This series just gets better and better! I loved it! Can't wait to read the next one!
Katie
I love this book! I love the history of Nidaba, she was amazing! I WANT MORE!
Jackie Lynn
Not as good as the first two. I feel like it lost some focus.
Laura Judd
Really liked this series will be getting more.
Nickie Wingfield
Nickie Wingfield marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Moonglow
  • Bewitched
  • Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)
  • This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Seeing Stars
  • Abby's Christmas Spirit
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Sinful (includes: Winston Brothers, #3)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Fire Watcher (Watcher, #3)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon, #5)
  • The Pirate's Pixie
  • Wolves and Black Roses (Immortal Destiny, #3)
  • Vixen (The Others Series #1)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Immortal Witches (4 books)
  • Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
  • Infinity (Immortal Witches, #2)
  • Immortality (Immortal Witches, #4)
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)