Start by marking “Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors” as Want to Read:

Entertaining Possibilities • (2003) • shortstory
Toobychubbies • (1999) • shortstory
Haunted Humans • (1994) • novella
Egg Shells • (2000) • shortstory
Published April 1st 2003 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors

The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeSewing Can Be Dangerous and Other Small Threads by S.R. MalleryCuriosity kills the KatHA by Ashok  KallarakkalLove, Life and Everything Else by Xunaira J.Papap's Teeth by Danielle DeVor
Best Fiction Short Stories
397th out of 522 books — 369 voters
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Best Books of 2003
333rd out of 353 books — 195 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan

Objects of Desire read 10/20/2003 re-READ 8/18/2015
Unleashed read 10/21/2003 RE-read 11/13/2015
Mint Condition RE-read 11/7/2015
Night Life read 10/22/2003 RE-read 11/8/2015
Entertaining Possibilities NEW to this new collection !!! read 10/23/2003 RE-read 11/9/2015
Toobychubbies read 10/24/2003 RE-read 11/10/2015
"Haunted Humans" RE-read 8/1/2015
Egg Shells A NEW STORY to me re
Julia
Aug 22, 2008 Julia rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Julia by: On a Nina Kiriki Hoffman kick this summer
Shelves: fantasy
“Haunted Humans” is a very unusual and original ghost/ mystery/ thriller novella. DJ is the receptionist for psychologists where she meets Morgan who appears to have multiple personalities. Instead, he’s got multiple ghosts—Clift a professor, Saul a New Jersey lech and suicide, Gary the detective who arrested the killer that’s after DJ again.

“The Skeleton Key” is about a girl who prays to and does rituals for Hermes, who comes to her aid when Satanists try to sacrifice her.

“Toobychubbies” is a
Haley
Dec 15, 2008 Haley rated it liked it
I had this book on hold and it came in and I started reading it... only to find that I had read it before. So I moved on to the next story, and I had read it as well! I'm so confused. I've read all of these short stories, but don't remember ever getting a book by this title. So, since this is a collection of NKH stories, the only thing I can think of is that I read them all somewhere else, individually. Oh well! Anything by NKH is worth reading again, anyways.
Penelope
May 20, 2013 Penelope rated it really liked it
All the way through this short story collection I felt I was in the hands of a word magician ~ just when I thought I knew where things were heading, there was a twist or something unseen revealed that changed my point of view. Not so much fantasy as magic realism. These stories could be happening here and now in the real world, but the way the characters see the world starts to affect the way you see the world, too.
Kirsten
Feb 27, 2008 Kirsten rated it liked it
This collection of short stories mostly strays away from the themes of Hoffman's novels, instead exploring time travel and alien technology, among other subjects. I was a little bit disappointed, as I didn't feel like most of these stories had the same spark as her novels. The longest story in the collection, though, "Haunted Humans," was very good.
Corinne
This is a compendium of short stories by Nina K. Hoffman. By far the best is "the skeleton key" which combines greek history (the god Hermes), sartanic sacrifice and a ghost together. The other stories are also nicely written and I think the author is full of fantastical ideas and I can't wait to read more of her!
Cindywho
Mar 06, 2012 Cindywho rated it liked it
I'm not a huge short stories fan, but I'll read them if I've liked other things by the author. This collection is true to its name, but I also noticed that almost all of them had the theme of violation with protagonists suffering torture, murder, stalking and alien mind invasion. Creepy!
Kae Cheatham
Feb 18, 2011 Kae Cheatham rated it really liked it
Wonderfully imaginative. Solid voices and interesting circumstances.
Finalist for the Endeavor Award, 2004
Winner of the Bram Stoker Award
kvon
Oct 08, 2012 kvon rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
Mint Condition is the one that stuck most with me, of a betrayed time agent. No stories with the kids from her series.
Georgia Tumbleweed
Georgia Tumbleweed rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Marti Dolata
Marti Dolata marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Rita Cerniglia
Rita Cerniglia rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Choirsoftheeye
Choirsoftheeye marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Kerri Kamper
Kerri Kamper marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Kathryn Hodghead
Kathryn Hodghead marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Feb 29, 2016
Briar Langley
Briar Langley marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Zanne Baker
Zanne Baker rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2015
Kim Kaso
Kim Kaso marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Annie Epps
Annie Epps marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Don Johnson
Don Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2015
Sarah Goodman
Sarah Goodman rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Nina Kiriki Hoffman’s first solo novel, The Thread That Binds the Bones (1993), won the Bram Stoker Award for first novel; her second novel, The Silent Strength of Stones (1995) was a finalist for the Nebula and World Fantasy Awards. A Red Heart of Memories (1999, part of her “Matt Black” series), nominated for a World Fantasy Award, was followed by sequel Past the Size of Dreaming in 2001. Much o ...more
More about Nina Kiriki Hoffman...