Start by marking “Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors” as Want to Read:

Entertaining Possibilities • (2003) • shortstory
Toobychubbies • (1999) • shortstory
Haunted Humans • (1994) • novella
Egg Shells • (2000) • shortstory
Published April 1st 2003 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Travelers, Ghosts, and Other Visitors

Spilt Milk by D.K.CassidyOrchid by Shane K.P. O'NeillCuriosity kills the KatHA by Ashok  KallarakkalLove, Life and Everything Else by Xunaira J.The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
Best Fiction Short Stories
298th out of 365 books — 298 voters
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Best Books of 2003
271st out of 290 books — 162 voters

More lists with this book...

Julia
Aug 22, 2008 Julia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julia by: On a Nina Kiriki Hoffman kick this summer
Shelves: fantasy
“Haunted Humans” is a very unusual and original ghost/ mystery/ thriller novella. DJ is the receptionist for psychologists where she meets Morgan who appears to have multiple personalities. Instead, he’s got multiple ghosts—Clift a professor, Saul a New Jersey lech and suicide, Gary the detective who arrested the killer that’s after DJ again.

“The Skeleton Key” is about a girl who prays to and does rituals for Hermes, who comes to her aid when Satanists try to sacrifice her.

“Toobychubbies” is a
Haley
I had this book on hold and it came in and I started reading it... only to find that I had read it before. So I moved on to the next story, and I had read it as well! I'm so confused. I've read all of these short stories, but don't remember ever getting a book by this title. So, since this is a collection of NKH stories, the only thing I can think of is that I read them all somewhere else, individually. Oh well! Anything by NKH is worth reading again, anyways.
Penelope
All the way through this short story collection I felt I was in the hands of a word magician ~ just when I thought I knew where things were heading, there was a twist or something unseen revealed that changed my point of view. Not so much fantasy as magic realism. These stories could be happening here and now in the real world, but the way the characters see the world starts to affect the way you see the world, too.
Kirsten
This collection of short stories mostly strays away from the themes of Hoffman's novels, instead exploring time travel and alien technology, among other subjects. I was a little bit disappointed, as I didn't feel like most of these stories had the same spark as her novels. The longest story in the collection, though, "Haunted Humans," was very good.
Corinne
This is a compendium of short stories by Nina K. Hoffman. By far the best is "the skeleton key" which combines greek history (the god Hermes), sartanic sacrifice and a ghost together. The other stories are also nicely written and I think the author is full of fantastical ideas and I can't wait to read more of her!
Cindy
I'm not a huge short stories fan, but I'll read them if I've liked other things by the author. This collection is true to its name, but I also noticed that almost all of them had the theme of violation with protagonists suffering torture, murder, stalking and alien mind invasion. Creepy!
Cindywho
Kae Cheatham
Wonderfully imaginative. Solid voices and interesting circumstances.
Finalist for the Endeavor Award, 2004
Winner of the Bram Stoker Award
kvon
Mint Condition is the one that stuck most with me, of a betrayed time agent. No stories with the kids from her series.
Susan
re read 8/31/2011 - 9/9/2011
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Joella Berkner
Joella Berkner marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Nina Kiriki Hoffman’s first solo novel, The Thread That Binds the Bones (1993), won the Bram Stoker Award for first novel; her second novel, The Silent Strength of Stones (1995) was a finalist for the Nebula and World Fantasy Awards. A Red Heart of Memories (1999, part of her “Matt Black” series), nominated for a World Fantasy Award, was followed by sequel Past the Size of Dreaming in 2001. Much o ...more
More about Nina Kiriki Hoffman...
A Fistful of Sky  (LaZelle, #1) The Thread That Binds the Bones (Chapel Hollow #1) A Stir of Bones (Red Heart of Memories, # 0.5) A Red Heart of Memories (Red Heart of Memories, #1) Spirits That Walk in Shadow (Chapel Hollow, #3)