Start by marking “EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy: The Classic Makeovers Cookbook” as Want to Read:
EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy: The Classic Makeovers Cookbook

EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy: The Classic Makeovers Cookbook

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
For 18 years EatingWell Magazine has been known for taking favorite classic recipes and making them healthier by using simple steps, handy ingredients, and strict nutritional guidelines. Now the experts at EatingWell have compiled nearly 200 healthy, easy recipes, as well as cooking and shopping tips and nutrition advice, in this exciting cookbook. Full nutritional analysi ...more
Published November 17th 2008 by Countryman Press (first published November 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy

Dixie Diamond
May 19, 2011 Dixie Diamond rated it it was amazing
This is a great compromise between making familiar foods less unhealthy, and still using most of the same ingredients so you don't feel like you've thrown in the towel on your old favorites.

It's not a quick and easy cookbook, although the recipes are not needlessly complex. They're just reasonable adaptations of the originals: Pan-frying and then finishing in the oven instead of deep-frying, for instance. They don't resort to a lot of obscure ingredients or weird, unsatisfying, substitutions. Ev
Sharon
Jan 25, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it
I have thumbed through this once (got it today!) and have added items to my grocery list for tomorrow to make some mac & cheese.
I have made a few of the recipes and they are really good. Some are quite involved but that is the difference between healthy homemade food and easy processed foods.
My favorites are mac & cheese (I prefer it without the spinach), green bean casserole (SO much better than the canned soup variety) & chicken pot pie.
By the way, you can many of the recipes on th
LemontreeLime
Sep 15, 2013 LemontreeLime rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I was just glancing through this one, and i found several things id like to try after all! Now to figure out how to make a gluten free bread that wont ruin their healthy version of a Monte Cristo sandwich... with grape jelly of course... now we're talkin' comfort food!
Gwen
Mar 20, 2012 Gwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
Most of the recipes are under 500 calories, and many are under 350! Some of my faves are chicken pot pie, lasagna, and cornbread stuffing. There's makeovers for traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes, too. Overall, two thumbs up!
Cheri
May 30, 2009 Cheri rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
I am still looking this one over, my family is very picky and it is hard to find recipes that everyone in the family would enjoy.
Arapahoe Libraries
How to eat comfort foods without worrying (as much) about your health.
Stephanie
Dec 18, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking-books
Hopefully this will get me back on track this winter.
Becky H.
Apr 08, 2009 Becky H. rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2009
Lots of lovely pictures and fun recipes to try.
Marcella
Jan 04, 2009 Marcella rated it really liked it
Some really Good Regular Recipes
Geoffrey Staysniak
Geoffrey Staysniak rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Stacy M
Stacy M rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2016
Jennie Stoltz
Jennie Stoltz marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Bucky
Bucky marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Andrea Garza
Andrea Garza rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Angi
Angi rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Barry Axtell
Barry Axtell rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Apr 10, 2015
Martinbrattin
Martinbrattin rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Holly Miller
Holly Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
dawn e olson
dawn e olson rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015