Start by marking “1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World” as Want to Read:
1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

Packed with 1000 nutritious and delicious recipes, this cookbook will enable you to plan and cook a huge variety of vegetarian meals based on mouthwatering dishes from around the world.

Making the decision to cut meat and fish from your diet is a big one, and people often worry that their meals will be boring once they have turned vegetarian. This book, however, will show

Published June 1st 2003 by Parragon Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

Kathleen Dixon
I've been a vegetarian for longer than I can remember (literally) and have owned a few vegetarian cookbooks over the years. This one, however, is the only one now on my shelf and the only one that I have been consistently pleased with. It has only one fault - it's huge and heavy.

Because I can't give it 4.9 stars, let me now do some mental gymnastics and turn the negative into a positive. ...

This fantastic volume full of vegetarian recipes has a size worthy of its name. You'll never run the ris
Dixie Diamond
Oct 12, 2008 Dixie Diamond rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, my_books
HUGE book. I appreciate the effort, but the result is unwieldy and I cannot imagine the binding will hold up for long.

However, the recipes--mainly Asian-inspired--look good.
Dogtreat
Feb 22, 2013 Dogtreat rated it it was amazing
Conquering the world through good cooking. Although I haven't nearly tried all 1,000 recipes, I haven't yet come across a single bad or even mediocre dish here. This book has done wonders to expand my personal horizons with new ingredients and new ways to combine them... This is the variety which is the spice of vegetarian life.
Sophie
Jun 25, 2012 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: vegetarians

I have tried many of the recipes in this book and have enjoyed them all.

It is quite remarkable that such a vast volume seemingly contains no duff recipes, but every dish I have tried has been delicious.

The recipes are easily adaptable if you don't have the right ingredients or you want to make the recipe more your own.

This has been my go to cookbook for many years.
Monena Hall
I want this book. I've made several things from it and they are all terrific. Putting it here so I can find it later.
Molly
Jul 02, 2009 Molly rated it really liked it
The recipes I have tried are simple and yummy. But, since there are so many recipes, it's hard to find anything specific. Plus, the index is really bad.
Lydia LeVieux
Feb 02, 2014 Lydia LeVieux rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of recipes, great photos, a nice addition to my bookshelf, but not my "go-to."
Melissa
Oct 15, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This is one of the cookbooks in our kitchen that gets the most use. I would absolutely recommend it to a friend that wanted some more ideas for eating vegetarian. Yeah it's huge, but whatever.
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2011
JPerceval
JPerceval rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2009
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Ryan Sullivan
Ryan Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
NoBeatenPath
Oct 26, 2016 NoBeatenPath rated it really liked it
Fantastic book - lots of variety, each recipe has nutritional information as well as guides numbers of servings and how long it will probably take to make. And every recipe is illustrated. A bit of a family bible in our kitchen
Cari
Cari rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Toya
Toya rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2017
Lt
Lt rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2009
Amelia
Amelia rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Rosemary Rooks
Rosemary Rooks rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
alana
alana rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2009
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Crista
Crista rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Jill Marcotte
Jill Marcotte rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Lydia LeVieux
Lydia LeVieux rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Manizha
Manizha rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2009
Cynthia Fucci
Cynthia Fucci rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2012