Start by marking “1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World” as Want to Read:
1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Packed with 1000 nutritious and delicious recipes, this cookbook will enable you to plan and cook a huge variety of vegetarian meals based on mouthwatering dishes from around the world.

Making the decision to cut meat and fish from your diet is a big one, and people often worry that their meals will be boring once they have turned vegetarian. This book, however, will show

Published June 1st 2003 by Parragon Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around the World

Kathleen Dixon
I've been a vegetarian for longer than I can remember (literally) and have owned a few vegetarian cookbooks over the years. This one, however, is the only one now on my shelf and the only one that I have been consistently pleased with. It has only one fault - it's huge and heavy.

Because I can't give it 4.9 stars, let me now do some mental gymnastics and turn the negative into a positive. ...

This fantastic volume full of vegetarian recipes has a size worthy of its name. You'll never run the ris
Dixie Diamond
HUGE book. I appreciate the effort, but the result is unwieldy and I cannot imagine the binding will hold up for long.

However, the recipes--mainly Asian-inspired--look good.
Sophie
Jun 25, 2012 Sophie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vegetarians

I have tried many of the recipes in this book and have enjoyed them all.

It is quite remarkable that such a vast volume seemingly contains no duff recipes, but every dish I have tried has been delicious.

The recipes are easily adaptable if you don't have the right ingredients or you want to make the recipe more your own.

This has been my go to cookbook for many years.
Dogtreat
Conquering the world through good cooking. Although I haven't nearly tried all 1,000 recipes, I haven't yet come across a single bad or even mediocre dish here. This book has done wonders to expand my personal horizons with new ingredients and new ways to combine them... This is the variety which is the spice of vegetarian life.
Monena Hall
I want this book. I've made several things from it and they are all terrific. Putting it here so I can find it later.
Melissa
This is one of the cookbooks in our kitchen that gets the most use. I would absolutely recommend it to a friend that wanted some more ideas for eating vegetarian. Yeah it's huge, but whatever.
Molly
The recipes I have tried are simple and yummy. But, since there are so many recipes, it's hard to find anything specific. Plus, the index is really bad.
Lydia LeVieux
Lots of recipes, great photos, a nice addition to my bookshelf, but not my "go-to."
Cari
Ellice
Ellice added it
Mar 15, 2015
Kimnora
Kimnora marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jacinta Ingham
Jacinta Ingham marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Kyasarin
Kyasarin marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Nos Consortium
Nos Consortium marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013