Start by marking “The Bro Code” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  8,258 Ratings  ·  759 Reviews
Everyone's life is governed by an internal code of conduct. Some call it morality. Others call it religion. But Bros in the know call this holy grail the Bro Code.

Historically a spoken tradition passed from one generation to the next, the official code of conduct for Bros appears here in its published form for the first time ever. By upholding the tenets of this sacred and
Published October 14th 2008 by Fireside

To ask other readers questions about The Bro Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bro Code

Anzu The Great Destroyer
Apr 27, 2011 Anzu The Great Destroyer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every-f$%@ing-one
Yeah I know I know I’m not a Bro so I shouldn’t be reading this… but guess what? I don’t actually care and I already read it so tough luck!

I’ve been a fan of How I met You Mother for years. Lately the show kinda sucks but Barney is still my favorite and he just kicks ass! When I saw that they actually published the Bro Code I thought I must have it! For all of you fans out there: get it! For all of you chicks out there: if you have a sense of humor, you think like a guy and you’re not offended b
Keri Payton
Sep 03, 2011 Keri Payton rated it it was amazing
(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I purchased this book. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

There is a code that all bros must follow. Previously only passed on by word-of-mouth, Barney Stinson has taken it as his duty to publish The Bro Code, so that no bro shall go unawares.

Note: Women, this is a work of fiction and should be viewed as such.

(Bro: This is not a work of fictio
Fa Orozco
Apr 04, 2013 Fa Orozco rated it really liked it
Solté varias carcajadas, me encantó! Los artículos 12, 41, 47 y 93 son unos de mis favoritos! Muy recomendable tanto para hombres como mujeres.
Carlos De Eguiluz
Jan 13, 2017 Carlos De Eguiluz rated it really liked it
Así que ordené este libro en mi último pedido a Amazon, y no me arrepiento ni un poco de haberlo adquirido.

Antes que nada me gustaría decir que este no es un libro trascendental —cambia vidas—, que quede claro eso. No te va a hablar sobre temas serios, ni te hará reflexionar sobre tus amistades, porque vamos, hablamos de un libro "escrito" por Barney, el famoso personaje de la increíble serie "How I Met Your Mother".

En ciento noventa y cinco páginas, Barney nos introduce en la historia de los "
Tammy
May 28, 2009 Tammy rated it really liked it
A fast, funny read. I laughed so hard and rolled my eyes so many times, I'm surprised they didn't roll right out of my head!

The book is short - only a paragraph per page. Perfect given the fact the author's target audience is men. =)

Lots of funny, stupid rules like ... "A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy."

AND

"If a chick inquires about anot
Peter Meredith
Jul 28, 2013 Peter Meredith rated it it was amazing
As a man, what can I say about The Bro Code?

Nothing! Because there is no Bro code. And if there was a Bro Code, Article 4 clearly states: A Bro never discloses the existence of the Bro Code to a woman.

So this is for all the Bros in the audience. No gurlz aloud!

In The Bro Code you should expect the expected. These laws are universal. They are inbred into every man and so are the jokes, but who cares? They're funny.

Here's a quick test to see if you'll like this book: If you at least snorted when
Kristy
Dec 31, 2010 Kristy rated it liked it
If you watch the show "How I met your Mother", then you're not going to really get anything new... pretty much all the jokes and codes have been mentioned. So, it's not quite as wonderful as I had hoped. However, I am relieved that the author's did stay true to the show. Instead of gushing or ranting like I usually do, I figure I'll just give you a few rules 'you ought to be living by'... if you want to be a bro (and yes ladies, the book answers our question... we, too can be a bro!)
Barney Stinson

Article 27

A
Valentina
Dec 29, 2014 Valentina rated it really liked it
2015 challenge - a book based on or turned into a TV show

I'll start off by saying I love How I Met Your Mother,that I love Barney and that I will try to refrain from bringing up that infamous series finale. Except I just mentioned it. Okay, let's start again.

I love the show and Barney Stinson is definitely one of the main reasons for its success. I was glad to find his humor from the show transferred to the pages.

The book is a very quick read, since each article takes up only one page, so don't
Eric
Nov 30, 2008 Eric rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: my Bros
All Bros should read/own immediately.
CerejaCult CerejaCult
Reviewed on 01/13/2012 – Friday yep, Friday the 13º,, creepy I know. LoL

The Bro Code

Man, let me start by saying I love Barney. He is the best EVAH. The book is funny, but I have to say that the audio makes all the difference.
This guy have this way of saying the nastiest things and yet, I find him charming as hell.
If I could meet him I would totally be his Bro-Chick.

description

Barney, you rock and I would set you up with any of mine big boobed friends, anytime Bro. Just say the word LoL

Speaking in friends,
Sharon L
Aug 15, 2013 Sharon L rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This one is a really short read. and you should read it on any of these situations:

1. you had a bad day and need something funny to read.

2. you are having a stressful day and need a moment of escape.

3. you really want to read something easy, not complicated, funny and short because you are simply not in the mood for other things.

4. you want to know- even if only a little- what's going through their head

5. you are not offended by jokes about blondes, boobs, chicks, ho's and relationship AND yo
Wilson
Oct 20, 2011 Wilson rated it really liked it
I got this ebook from my Boss. Cool, isn't he?

Well, the book was really entertaining. So good that I could imagine Barney lecturing while re-enacting his tricks! But the problem is, some parts of the code are not suitable for some readers. In fact, some people might find these parts offensive. So I am just recommending this book to my fellow bros out there. Tired? Stressed-out? Grab this book now and make life more awesome!
SpookySoto
Sep 22, 2014 SpookySoto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no-ficcion
Este libro sí es gracioso. No se necesita conocer la serie "how I met your mother" para disfrutarlo (yo nunca la he visto).

Lo escuché mientras iba y venia de mi trabajo, y me gusta mucho el formato de audiolibro para los de comedia. La narración de Neil P Harris es muy buena.

Lo recomiendo a todo el mundo, menos a quien sea tan feminista que no pueda reirse de chistes ultra machistas.
Dayla
Oct 10, 2013 Dayla rated it it was amazing
LOL this is hilarious and mildly insulting.
Samuel Ch.
Aug 01, 2013 Samuel Ch. rated it really liked it
Shelves: biblioteca
Una divertida sátira acerca de las reglas de conducta, etiqueta, cortejo y amistad que juega con esos códigos no escritos de las personas acerca del comportamiento social.

The Bro Code es una parodia de la actitud masculina frente a lo incómodo, lo femenino y lo fraternal. Se puede disfrutar aún sin ser fan de HIMYM porque dichas reglas aplican para todos los hombres que se jactan de ser correctos y de tener principios, por más ridículos que éstos sean, como bien lo demuestra esta broma de libro.
Breton
Mar 16, 2011 Breton rated it it was amazing
Hmm... it's apparent from the written reviews that those (not to point fingers, but particularly girls) who are rating this "book" one or two stars are taking it quite seriously. Relax–this was not meant to be the Bible for all those of the male gender. However, you could picture a select few losers legitimately following these sacred rules, and then others just calling out different articles for the sake of pretending to adhere to this formal "Bro Code," because admittedly, it is fun. As a big ...more
Tibby
Mar 09, 2009 Tibby rated it it was amazing
Mohammad Ali Abedi
Aug 03, 2013 Mohammad Ali Abedi rated it it was ok
In one of the episodes of “How I Met Your Mother”, Neil Patrick Harris’ character, Barney, talks about a book called “The Bro Code”, a book about how a man (i.e. BRO) should act. I like Barney’s character and specially NPH’s portrayal of it. NPH is the best part of that show. So I figured, the audiobook about that book read out by Neil Patrick Harris should be great.

But it gets extremely old extremely fast. The book is a series of rules about how a man should act and it is only funny as one line
meghann
Feb 22, 2015 meghann rated it really liked it
Barney Stinson is one of my favorite TV characters. He unapologetically banged his way through most of the female population of New York City using his Playbook and The Bro Code. I purchased this book as a gift for my brother who is a huge fan of the show as well (he named his pets after some of the characters). Apparently I'm that person who reads a book before giving it to the person it was bought for (very carefully though... you'd never know anyone even opened it). This book is written in th ...more
Trin
Jan 21, 2009 Trin rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor, filmtv
How I Met Your Mother tie-in book. HIMYM is my favorite show currently on the air; I found the book disappointing. Mostly it just recounts a bunch of stupid guy clichés, and a bunch of guys’ stupid clichés about women. For the most part, except for when it’s cribbing concepts directly from the show, it lacks Barney’s wonderful weirdness—I mean, he’s not some dull frat boy, which is what this book sounds like; his rules and schemes are much stranger, are always slightly off-kilter. Barney is a un ...more
Chelsea K.
Sep 15, 2015 Chelsea K. rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy
Alright, so it's pretty funny. It took me about half an hour to read the whole thing (got it as a gift for my brother, was too curious to not read it).

Admittedly, it has almost zero substance. Admittedly, it's sexist as hell, but it's all in good fun, same as in the show.
Amina - أمينَة.
i really did actually read it after a lot of thinking lol !
i'm not a fan of HIMYM and i didn't even watched it .
a friend of mine recommend it for me , i enjoyed it in some parts , but i felt it's shallow in others :D

A BRO NEVER CRIES < are u serious ? lol
Aly is so frigging bored
May 07, 2012 Aly is so frigging bored rated it it was amazing
I am in a "How I met your mother" withdrawal so this came by perfectly! Barney and his rules always amuse me and I think I could read this 100 times and laugh every time.
Mike
Sep 07, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious... and not to be taken seriously one bit (psst, Bros, I only said that last part to fool the chicks... Follow The Code)
Tamara
Mar 30, 2015 Tamara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars
Thomas Janssen
Mar 31, 2017 Thomas Janssen rated it liked it
Very enjoyable for HIMYM fans, and a fun and quick read
Mandar
Mar 18, 2017 Mandar rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, humor
Funny little read for HIMYM fans.
Jacobmartin
The Bro Code isn't particularly funny to somebody like me who saw people his twin brother's university bro-kin crash and burn in one of the ugliest On The Road-like episodes of my life. Bros are a cannibalistic race who contradict their own rules, and any Bro Code, like all religious texts, cannot be adhered to perfectly. I cannot divulge what went down, that would "violate the Bro code".

Article 77: Bros don't cuddle, is offensive to me. Why can't a man cuddle the woman he loves?

Hmm, maybe I've
Joseph F.
Aug 28, 2016 Joseph F. rated it liked it
I am happy and grateful to say that I am no bro. That is, if being a bro means that the main things you care about is getting some action, getting drunk, and caring more about sports than cerebral stuff.
Women are seen as nothing but sex objects, "chicks." But then, that is the point of this book: the bro is painted as a caricature, someone we can laugh at because of their vacuous nature, just like we laughed at Barney on the show. That said, the book is fairly funny at times, but I liked it bett
Artiom Karsiuk
Jun 24, 2014 Artiom Karsiuk rated it liked it
Finally, a book that we can build our lives around. It was long overdue - I mean those Holy Bible and Quran things have been around for almost as long as I can remember [maybe longer] and I never found them to make any sense. "Don't covet, no adultery" and etc. That was written for some weak bitches. This book, on the other hand, gives you some solid ground to stand on. Something to sink your teeth into. No more misunderstandings between Bros on who has dibs, shotgun privileges and any other ess ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: The Bro Code by Barney Stinson 2 22 Feb 21, 2015 06:20AM
  • Castration Celebration
  • The Romantic: Italian Days and Nights
  • Niubi!: The Real Chinese You Were Never Taught in School
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Where Do Nudists Keep Their Hankies?: ... and Other Naughty Questions You Always Wanted Answered
  • At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say
  • Hilarity Ensues (Tucker Max, #3)
  • Mox Nox
  • Rick Mercer Report: The Book
  • The Man's Book: The Essential Guide for the Modern Man
  • 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader

“Article 2: "A Bro is always entitled to do something stupid, as long as the rest of his Bros are all doing it.” 62 likes
“Article 100: "When pulling up to a stoplight, a Bro lowers his window so that all might enjoy his music selection."
Corollary: "If there happens to be a hot chick driving the car next to the Bro, the Bro shall put his sunglasses down to get a better look. If he's not wearing his sunglasses, he will first put them on, then pull down to get a better look.”
35 likes