Start by marking “The Bro Code” as Want to Read:

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  6,843 ratings  ·  648 reviews
Everyone's life is governed by an internal code of conduct. Some call it morality. Others call it religion. But Bros in the know call this holy grail the Bro Code.

Historically a spoken tradition passed from one generation to the next, the official code of conduct for Bros appears here in its published form for the first time ever. By upholding the tenets of this sacred and
Published October 14th 2008 by Fireside

To ask other readers questions about The Bro Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bro Code

Bossypants by Tina FeyIs Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy KalingTo Live and Drink in L.A. by Ben PellerWe Got Zombies On The Lawn Again, Ma by Donnie  SmithAre You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
Tree's Funny Reads
6th out of 51 books — 139 voters
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk1984 by George OrwellFear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. ThompsonWatchmen by Alan MooreLord of the Flies by William Golding
Real Man Books
31st out of 540 books — 229 voters

More lists with this book...

Anzu The Great Destroyer
Yeah I know I know I’m not a Bro so I shouldn’t be reading this… but guess what? I don’t actually care and I already read it so tough luck!

I’ve been a fan of How I met You Mother for years. Lately the show kinda sucks but Barney is still my favorite and he just kicks ass! When I saw that they actually published the Bro Code I thought I must have it! For all of you fans out there: get it! For all of you chicks out there: if you have a sense of humor, you think like a guy and you’re not offended b
Keri Payton
(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I purchased this book. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

There is a code that all bros must follow. Previously only passed on by word-of-mouth, Barney Stinson has taken it as his duty to publish The Bro Code, so that no bro shall go unawares.

Note: Women, this is a work of fiction and should be viewed as such.

(Bro: This is not a work of fictio
Tammy
A fast, funny read. I laughed so hard and rolled my eyes so many times, I'm surprised they didn't roll right out of my head!

The book is short - only a paragraph per page. Perfect given the fact the author's target audience is men. =)

Lots of funny, stupid rules like ... "A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy."

AND

"If a chick inquires about anot
Peter Meredith
As a man, what can I say about The Bro Code?

Nothing! Because there is no Bro code. And if there was a Bro Code, Article 4 clearly states: A Bro never discloses the existence of the Bro Code to a woman.

So this is for all the Bros in the audience. No gurlz aloud!

In The Bro Code you should expect the expected. These laws are universal. They are inbred into every man and so are the jokes, but who cares? They're funny.

Here's a quick test to see if you'll like this book: If you at least snorted when
Valentina
2015 challenge - a book based on or turned into a TV show

I'll start off by saying I love How I Met Your Mother,that I love Barney and that I will try to refrain from bringing up that infamous series finale. Except I just mentioned it. Okay, let's start again.

I love the show and Barney Stinson is definitely one of the main reasons for its success. I was glad to find his humor from the show transferred to the pages.

The book is a very quick read, since each article takes up only one page, so don't
Fa Orozco
Solté varias carcajadas, me encantó! Los artículos 12, 41, 47 y 93 son unos de mis favoritos! Muy recomendable tanto para hombres como mujeres.
Kristy
If you watch the show "How I met your Mother", then you're not going to really get anything new... pretty much all the jokes and codes have been mentioned. So, it's not quite as wonderful as I had hoped. However, I am relieved that the author's did stay true to the show. Instead of gushing or ranting like I usually do, I figure I'll just give you a few rules 'you ought to be living by'... if you want to be a bro (and yes ladies, the book answers our question... we, too can be a bro!)
Barney Stinson

Article 27

A
Eric
Nov 30, 2008 Eric rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my Bros
All Bros should read/own immediately.
E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn
Reviewed on 01/13/2012 – Friday yep, Friday the 13º,, creepy I know. LoL

The Bro Code

Man, let me start by saying I love Barney. He is the best EVAH. The book is funny, but I have to say that the audio makes all the difference.
This guy have this way of saying the nastiest things and yet, I find him charming as hell.
If I could meet him I would totally be his Bro-Chick.

description

Barney, you rock and I would set you up with any of mine big boobed friends, anytime Bro. Just say the word LoL

Speaking in friends,
Wilson
I got this ebook from my Boss. Cool, isn't he?

Well, the book was really entertaining. So good that I could imagine Barney lecturing while re-enacting his tricks! But the problem is, some parts of the code are not suitable for some readers. In fact, some people might find these parts offensive. So I am just recommending this book to my fellow bros out there. Tired? Stressed-out? Grab this book now and make life more awesome!
Raeleen Lemay
For the record, I'm a girl, and I absolutely loved this book. It is hilarious and it is so true...
Sharon
This one is a really short read. and you should read it on any of these situations:

1. you had a bad day and need something funny to read.

2. you are having a stressful day and need a moment of escape.

3. you really want to read something easy, not complicated, funny and short because you are simply not in the mood for other things.

4. you want to know- even if only a little- what's going through their head

5. you are not offended by jokes about blondes, boobs, chicks, ho's and relationship AND yo
Breton
Hmm... it's apparent from the written reviews that those (not to point fingers, but particularly girls) who are rating this "book" one or two stars are taking it quite seriously. Relax–this was not meant to be the Bible for all those of the male gender. However, you could picture a select few losers legitimately following these sacred rules, and then others just calling out different articles for the sake of pretending to adhere to this formal "Bro Code," because admittedly, it is fun. As a big ...more
Tibby
Dayla
LOL this is hilarious and mildly insulting.
meghann
Barney Stinson is one of my favorite TV characters. He unapologetically banged his way through most of the female population of New York City using his Playbook and The Bro Code. I purchased this book as a gift for my brother who is a huge fan of the show as well (he named his pets after some of the characters). Apparently I'm that person who reads a book before giving it to the person it was bought for (very carefully though... you'd never know anyone even opened it). This book is written in th ...more
Wendy
Este libro sí es gracioso. No se necesita conocer la serie "how I met your mother" para disfrutarlo (yo nunca la he visto).

Lo escuché mientras iba y venia de mi trabajo, y me gusta mucho el formato de audiolibro para los de comedia. La narración de Neil P Harris es muy buena.

Lo recomiendo a todo el mundo, menos a quien sea tan feminista que no pueda reirse de chistes ultra machistas.
Trin
How I Met Your Mother tie-in book. HIMYM is my favorite show currently on the air; I found the book disappointing. Mostly it just recounts a bunch of stupid guy clichés, and a bunch of guys’ stupid clichés about women. For the most part, except for when it’s cribbing concepts directly from the show, it lacks Barney’s wonderful weirdness—I mean, he’s not some dull frat boy, which is what this book sounds like; his rules and schemes are much stranger, are always slightly off-kilter. Barney is a un ...more
Amina - أمينَة.
i really did actually read it after a lot of thinking lol !
i'm not a fan of HIMYM and i didn't even watched it .
a friend of mine recommend it for me , i enjoyed it in some parts , but i felt it's shallow in others :D

A BRO NEVER CRIES < are u serious ? lol
Aly is so frigging bored
I am in a "How I met your mother" withdrawal so this came by perfectly! Barney and his rules always amuse me and I think I could read this 100 times and laugh every time.
Princess Godoy
I just love How I Met Your Mother so I couldn't pass the opportunity to read this book and I love it!! It's a funny read and quite short too so if you're looking for something to get you off on your reading slump this is perfect.

I just noticed in the review section that there are some people who are taking this book seriously, there are some misogynistic rule here but guys this is comedy, it's supposed to be written by Barney Stinson, who's character is really an asshole jerk so please my femini
Jacobmartin
The Bro Code isn't particularly funny to somebody like me who saw people his twin brother's university bro-kin crash and burn in one of the ugliest On The Road-like episodes of my life. Bros are a cannibalistic race who contradict their own rules, and any Bro Code, like all religious texts, cannot be adhered to perfectly. I cannot divulge what went down, that would "violate the Bro code".

Article 77: Bros don't cuddle, is offensive to me. Why can't a man cuddle the woman he loves?

Hmm, maybe I've
Mohammad Ali Abedi
In one of the episodes of “How I Met Your Mother”, Neil Patrick Harris’ character, Barney, talks about a book called “The Bro Code”, a book about how a man (i.e. BRO) should act. I like Barney’s character and specially NPH’s portrayal of it. NPH is the best part of that show. So I figured, the audiobook about that book read out by Neil Patrick Harris should be great.

But it gets extremely old extremely fast. The book is a series of rules about how a man should act and it is only funny as one line
Elyse Hdez
No paré de reír al leer este libro. Cualquier fanático de HIMYM puede disfrutar al 100% del libro. Es como si al leerlo en mi cabeza el mismo "Barney Stinson" lo narrara para mí.
Sus referencias históricas como la firma del acta de Independencia y los pasajes bíblicos cuando comenzó todo el código de los Bro.
Altamente recomendado para los que quieran ser fieles a sus Bros y seguir paso a paso este codigo.
Zei
Apr 25, 2014 Zei rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
Funny and entertaining as hell! I laughed so hard on every page,and I am a chick so I guess every guy would find it a synonym to "How to get some and still keep your bros"...
I know it is sarcastic but still, it expresses a lot of realities and daily facts that dudes deal with and chicks don't understand..
I feel ready to be a female copilote or bro to many of my guy friends :D
Coni
Ce l'avevo lì da anni, finalmente l'ho letto. È ovviamente un prodotto promozionale della serie tv, però è divertente e fa ripensare alle prime annate di HIMYM. Alcune massime sono fulminanti. Vocabolario misto fra inglese letterario, urban dictionary e linguaggio legale. Necessita di frequenti googlate, ma è anche istruttivo, dai. Una piacevole puttanata.
Artiom Karsiuk
Finally, a book that we can build our lives around. It was long overdue - I mean those Holy Bible and Quran things have been around for almost as long as I can remember [maybe longer] and I never found them to make any sense. "Don't covet, no adultery" and etc. That was written for some weak bitches. This book, on the other hand, gives you some solid ground to stand on. Something to sink your teeth into. No more misunderstandings between Bros on who has dibs, shotgun privileges and any other ess ...more
Saiber
Mar 13, 2015 Saiber rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I read this a long time back. Possibly 2013/14.

How I Met Your Mother is one of my favourite TV shows. And Barney is awesome.

I dont remember a lot of the book content but I remember it being all for the lack of better word - Boyish. It suits the Barney Stinson persona though.
Robyn
I'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother and of Barney Stinson and Neil Patrick Harris, so this was pretty much required reading for me. Instead, I listened to the audiobook, and I feel like I enjoyed it even more because of that--Neil Patrick Harris reading it *as* Barney Stinson.

Overall it garnered quite a few laughs from me, and there were several times I found myself nodding in agreement, even. However, it is, of course, terribly offensive when taken literally to any degree and even to a fan s
2015 Reading Chal...: The Bro Code by Barney Stinson 2 20 Feb 21, 2015 06:20AM
  • Deadpool Volume 1
  • 1,001 Facts That Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader
  • Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook
  • Du hast mich auf dem Balkon vergessen (SMS von gestern Nacht, #1)
  • The Alphabet of Manliness
  • African History: A Very Short Introduction
  • Achtung Baby!
  • Die Welt ist nicht immer Freitag
  • Rick Mercer Report: The Book
  • Gretchen (Zombillenium #1)
The Playbook: Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome. Bro on the Go Bro Code for Parents: What to Expect When You're Awesome Best of The Bro Code and The Playbook The Wit and Wisdom of Barney Stinson: Barney Stinson Quotes

“Article 2: "A Bro is always entitled to do something stupid, as long as the rest of his Bros are all doing it.” 53 likes
“Article 24: "When wearing a baseball cap, a Bro may position the brim at either 12 or 6 o’clock. All other angles are reserved for rappers and the handicapped.” 28 likes