Start by marking “Fuzz and Pluck: Splitsville” as Want to Read:
Fuzz and Pluck: Splitsville

Fuzz and Pluck: Splitsville

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Fuzz & Pluck: Splitsville tells the hilariously bizarre adventures of Pluck, an irritable and featherless rooster, and his best pal, the awkwardly unsocialized but lovable teddy bear known as Fuzz. These two usually inseparable and co-dependent misfits find themselves suddenly separated and alone. Pluck vows to establish his place in the world's pecking order by becomi ...more
Published December 17th 2008 by Fantagraphics (first published November 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fuzz and Pluck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuzz and Pluck

karen
Feb 08, 2009 karen rated it really liked it
so of course i had all the comic book issues of this and as soon as it came out in book format i had to buy that too. can someone explain this mad collection bug?? can someone stop it?? because between space and money shortages, im screwed. in a way its nice to have books absolutely everywhere, but in a way its pathological. i need a cure.
David Schaafsma
Jan 21, 2016 David Schaafsma rated it liked it
Shelves: alt-comics
Ted Stearn does MTV animation, among others things. His credits include Beavis and Butthead. Fuzz and Pluck was originally serialized in Zero Zero Comics, and is the nicer side of Beavis and Butthead, for sure. There's an annoyed chicken and a sort of lost and lovable bear. Reminds me of Pogo for some reason, just spinning adventures. Fine artist, Stearn. I wasn't all that engaged, but this may just have to be where my mind is at the moment. I found it likable, all right?! It's pretty fun! Liked ...more
Eva Mitnick
Oct 15, 2009 Eva Mitnick rated it really liked it
The continuing very odd adventures of a timid stuffed bear and a featherless rooster. Some strange part of me really relates to the hapless and strange characters and situations in this cleanly drawn graphic novel. The scene with the stuffed animals and dolls in a little girl's bedroom was both nightmarish and touching, as they rip off a stuffed duck's wings and stick them on Fuzz with band-aids so he can fly...
Ryan
Oct 03, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommended
What I like most about this graphic novel is the way the author straddles the line between kiddie and grown-up stories. He doesn't quite manage to stay equally between the two as he ends up landing on the adult side. Sure, most of the characters are cute and they don't use bad language (except one of the characters is named Lardass). But very bad things happen to both Fuzz and Pluck. There is violence, drugging, death, and an evil mutant fruit named Sourpuss. None of the things I will allow my d ...more
Noel Kalmus
Dec 24, 2010 Noel Kalmus rated it it was amazing
I want to live in this surreal little animal world that Stearn has created. He expertly captures that bizarre, adorable, dream-like mood that so many try for and fail to truly pin down. This novel is reminiscent of playing with tiny animal toys when you are young, that effortless creative universe that is so weird yet so perfect. Ted Stearn just seems like one of the best people. A weird brain but not shocking or deranged, just the right amount of spacey.
Jeff
Nov 11, 2011 Jeff rated it liked it
Ted Stearn is a unique artist, bringing some truly wild and weird ideas to the world of comics. The world he has created follows a logic all it's own, and he has populated this world with an unpredictable mix of talking animals, sentient mutant fruits, and scheming stuffed toys. If you have a taste for the offbeat and the absurd, you'll dig this one; if not, you're likely to the be perplexed at the minimum, and thoroughly confused at the maximum.
Jun 22, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn
Wacky graphic novel for grown-ups who like weird stories told in comic form (I guess that's me). Reminds me of "Krazy Kat" comics although maybe a bit easier to understand because of its more modern humor. I'll keep an eye out for more books featuring the "hapless li'l bear and his defeathered friend" in their unpleasant but entertaining adventures.
Karkaim
Dec 16, 2015 Karkaim rated it it was amazing
Fuzz & Pluck's adventures are pure genious; a black humor jewel, and a narrative work of art. Can't be left unread if dark humor, surrealism, and social criticism are called in attention.
Robin
Oct 15, 2010 Robin rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of "The Simpsons"
A fun romp that felt like mixing Tom Sawyer with The Simpsons. The plot was fun, if random. A good pick for those looking for a light-hearded graphic novel with bits of darker humor.
Smoothw
Dec 16, 2015 Smoothw rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Just a fun,light hearted funny animal comic that skirts the border between being for kids amd some sort of twisted adult swim cartoon.
Jamie Felton
May 06, 2009 Jamie Felton rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I loved the artwork, the story, everything. Super funny graphic novel with an engaging plot and array of eccentric characters.
John
Sep 29, 2009 John rated it it was amazing
the surreal, hilarious, witty adventures of a plucked chicken and a teddy bear. this is probably even better stoned.
Kacper
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Michael Buckner
Michael Buckner rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Joey
Joey rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Dov
Dov marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Michael Martin
Michael Martin rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Andrew Calaman
Andrew Calaman rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Blythe Mulligan
Blythe Mulligan rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Antoine
Antoine rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2015
Jordan West
Jordan West rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
CR
CR rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015