Start by marking “Olivia's Luck” as Want to Read:
Olivia's Luck

Olivia's Luck

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  689 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Fans of Catherine Alliot's other novels will be pleased to find that they can add another page-turner to their growing libraries. Olivia's Luck is a combination of gentle farce, emotional heartache and some uplifting moments. Olivia (Livvy) recounts the sudden breakdown of her 10-year marriage and the swings and roundabouts that follow. Alliot has created a seductive cast...more
Published January 27th 2001 by Headline (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Olivia's Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Olivia's Luck

Jana
Sep 22, 2009 Jana added it
This book is so about life. This would happen to me or my family, at least the falling down part. LOL!! Catherine gives you funny with enough depth that you aren't bored
Rachel Brand
Apr 06, 2009 Rachel Brand rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel by: Mum
A hilarious read, this book is laugh-out-loud funny. My favourite of Catherine Alliott's books!
Yang Shu-yuan
Als sich Olivia McFarllens Ehemann Johnny sang- und klanglos nach zehn Jahren Ehe aus dem halbfertigen Traumhaus verkrümelt, ist die sonst so patente Olivia nicht nur platt und sprachlos. Sie steht auch plötzlich alleine mit ihrer 10-jährigen Tochter da, die – positiv ausgedrückt - ein äußerst gewöhnungsbedürftiges Verhalten entwickelt hat. Zusätzlich zweckentfremdet eine Gruppe exzentrischer Bauarbeiter den hinteren Teil ihres Gartens als Campingplatz, und darüber hinaus wird sie von einer neur...more
Angela
A good humorous book that had me laughing out loud quite a number of times. The characters were memorable and fun, especially Molly and Hugh, and the story ended on a good solid note.
Amy
Liz Caruk
i found this book dragged on at the end. i don't see why it took 25 or so chapters to end this book. we all know the boy gets the girl. no need to drag it out. i left this book in Sault Saint Marie because i just didn't care if it came back.
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
well, what I got to say about this book is that.. it's started really good. The plot was interesting and gripping.. yet by the end of it, I felt ..... unhappy with it! (view spoiler) but still the end, as happy as it was, felt kind of less satisfying.

Final Verdict: It's was enjoyable but nothing more unfortunately. I think it might appeal more to women & not girls my age.
Vipula Sharma
Its a basic story. But the thing I hated the most was pathetic and weak female characters. On one side is Olivia who keeps on ranting about her husband and on the side is Nina. Both of these characters are annoying and pathetic. The only character who is smart and intelligent is Olivia's daughter. Well its my opinion of this book. You may enjoy it,so,go give it a try.
Dimples88
This was a really great book! Like the 2 other Catherine Alliott books I've read, it's both very funny and also sad at some parts.
The only weird thing is how all the guys prefer Olivia to her more beautiful glamorous friend Imogen--not very realistic! :p
But it's still a great book! Highly recommended
Joanne Nock
This was the 2nd book I'd read by Ms Alliott, though the first one was disappointing. This, by comparison was great, lots of laugh of loud moments, a leading lady we can all relate to and some comedy twists at the end.
Shahrun
I just love Catherine Alliott books! Even though I have read this one before I'd forgotten all the twists and turns the plot took - usually in most unexpected directions! - I laughed out loud many times.
Smitha
A nice fun easy, breezy read. A nice break between heavier books. Towards the end, I just wanted things to end. Some unnecessary complications crept up which in my opinion, brought nothing to the story itself.
Paula
I enjoyed this book immensely for its can't-put-it-down quality, the humor which had me laughing out loud in spots, and the excellent narration.
Melinda
Loved it. Well paced. Great characters. Listened to the audio book and the narrator captured the book's essence really well. Thoroughly recommend for a light enjoyable read.
Lisa
A nice bit of chick lit - not her best one but nonetheless still enjoyable. A few neat twists and turns but nothing too taxing after a hard day at work!!
Valya Tomova
I didn't finish this book. The story goes on too slowly and it just couldn't have keept me interested and excited to continue reading it.
Ayat Nuweir
A bit boring at the beginning, but you won't be able to put it down in the last 200 pages.
Jenise McKnight
when did I start reading stories about the antics of middle-aged housewives?
Aparna
May 08, 2008 Aparna added it
wonderful wit, a fun read, keeps you in giggles
Lisacrooksbtinternet.com
good eventually but nearly gave up a few times x
Kelly
Loved this book the up and downs :)
Jel Sayson
Jel Sayson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Chris Bakos
Chris Bakos marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
  • The Scent of Scandal
  • The Wives of Bath
  • The Rose Revived
  • Two For Joy
  • Where Have All the Boys Gone?
  • City Woman
  • Tall Poppies
  • Cat
  • Love Lives
Catherine Alliott was born and raised in Hertfordshire. After graduating from Warwick university she moved to London, where she worked as a copywriter in advertising. She now lives with her husband, a barrister, and their three children.
More about Catherine Alliott...
A Crowded Marriage The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton A Rural Affair The Old Girl Network Rosie Meadows Regrets