Start by marking “Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted” as Want to Read:
Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  419 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Now the world can hear Nicole Brown Simpson speak in her own voice, in this private diary. Here is a tragic story of a woman trapped in a violent cycle of fear and abuse. 2 cassettes.
Published December 31st 1994 by Dove Books (first published January 12th 1994)

Fiona Helmsley
Jan 23, 2012 Fiona Helmsley rated it did not like it
I missed the OJ Simpson trial and all it's associated drama by about twenty years. I was eighteen at the time of the murders but far too distracted to pay it any attention. I was homeless and there was no television set behind the Stop and Shop supermarket where I laid my head to rest. I do recall talking on a payphone with my friend Amber as she watched the Bronco chase enfold on her end. As she gave me a bit- by- bit running commentary of what she was seeing, my mind was elsewhere, probably fi ...more
Feb 07, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok
The ghosts of OJ seem to be every where right now. American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson is an interesting and somewhat campy retelling of the story. On Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Faye Resnick is confronted by Kathyrn Edwards for things she wrote in her book about Nicole Brown Simpson. Of course the women meet for the first time on camera. A former cast member, Camille Grammer, once referred to her as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick." She is very much disliked for appearing to ...more
Joseph
Sep 10, 2007 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this one was SOOOO bad i just loved it. nicole's friend is #1) an ex-cocaine addict, so whatever she says should be taken with a grain of salt #2) is a fabulous hysteric, leaving out mysterious details to sketchy interpersonal situations #3) exemplifies the snooty, rich, white, brentwood cokeslut to a T. it was funny listening to her "memoires." a couple of examples that stick out to me are: how it just was oh-so-horrific to hear that her best friend was murdered the day that she was getting ...more
Michele
Aug 12, 2014 Michele rated it did not like it
Shelves: biography
Faye Resnick must be the friend in the saying "with friends like this, who needs enemies"...
Angela DeSilva
Sep 29, 2015 Angela DeSilva rated it really liked it
OJ Simpson
is a murderer
Patricia
May 04, 2015 Patricia rated it it was ok
I found a copy of this book when it fell from a bookshelf and hit me on the head. I think I read this about 20 years ago, but I didn't remember much of it. It occurred to me that there were references to the Kardashian family in this memoir, which by the way is not Nicole Brown Simpson's diary, nor Faye Resnick's diary, or a diary at all. And it is certainly not private. The entire book falls into the category of TMI, a revealing of confidences that serve no good purpose for the tragically slain ...more
Meghan Becker
Feb 10, 2016 Meghan Becker rated it did not like it
I can't believe I gave in to my curiosity and read this pile of garbage. Though at times she spoke highly of her "best friend" Nicole Brown, she also spilled all of her dirty laundry. Maybe my Midwest is showing, and this is all very normal in California.
C Mae
Apr 04, 2012 C Mae rated it really liked it
Basically as "friend" she really ratted out some pretty personal details about Nicole's sex life. As much as Nicole Brown Simpson whined and complained that OJ was always cheating on her, from her friend's storying telling, Nicole did just as much "playing" as he did.

I was only in 7th or 8th grade when she was murdered and even at such a young age, you know if you aren't guilty of something then why run?

The abuse that was mentioned all throughout the book just affirmed all Nicole endured and c
jordan
Mar 28, 2016 jordan rated it it was ok
This book is a train wreck.
Lynne
Oct 24, 2010 Lynne rated it really liked it
I gave it 4 stars because I was so enthralled in the story and couldn't put it down, but it really wasn't a well written book. She obviously wrote it for selfish reasons, not to dispel any myths like she claims. Oh wait, there was one: that Ron Goldman and Nicole were friends not lovers.

Some of the stories she related were TMI. Why would she tell these things knowing that Nicole's kids might read it. Some "friend."

But yeah, I was sucked in, I admit it. Just being honest.
Lisa
May 04, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
This book sparked my interest after watching the FX series recently on the OJ Simpson trial. I'm a fan of Faye Resnick on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and had no idea she had written a book or had been a part of the OJ situation. I had to get this book from the library as it is no longer for sale. I waited for 15 people ahead of me to read it and finally it was available. It was interesting but now well written.

The book is touted as the private diary of a life interrupted which taking in
Stacey Bryan
Mar 18, 2016 Stacey Bryan rated it liked it
I read Faye Resnick's book so you don't have to. I've included the juicier stuff (consider this a warning) she talked about as well as traits of OJ she mentioned. But a lot of this book is about Faye Resnick and how she is the shit. I feel for the person who had to pick up all the names she dropped.

- OJ told police the reason why Nicole was murdered was bc she borrowed money from Columbian drugs dealers to buy a Starbucks.
- Nicole loved white-washed pine
- OJ repeatedly showed up on dates Nicol
Maggie Lieser
Apr 25, 2016 Maggie Lieser rated it liked it
Oh man. I have seriously drank the "OJ koolaid." In the past week, I have now read 3 OJ books about the night Nicole was murdered.
This particular book was probably one of the most controversial books that I have read. Faye appoints herself as a vehicle to spread the word/legend of Nicole Brown. She does a mostly good job though some of the sexual things may have been better left out, just out of respect. I share a lot with my best friends and might be a bit embarrassed if they all were written
Kerry Kenney
Oh just as bad as you could possibly guess it would be. I am giving it one star for it's poor quality and the extra star is for it's peculiar iconic quality.
Lisa
May 02, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
"Private Diary" is a bit of a stretch. Don't you think the good author could've omitted some of the less flattering aspects of Nicole's character when she'd just been butchered? Like her insatiable sexual appetite, which extended to giving BJs (Brentwood Hellos ) to guys she barely knew, fooling around with one of O.J.'s best friends, to bedding Resnick herself. Though O.J. did just as many sexual exploits, why exactly is the author exposing her best friend to ridicule? Thirty pieces of silver t ...more
LmHargreaves
Faye Resnick was NOT a friend of Nicole's or she would not have written this "expose" of a book.
Samantha Lantz
Mar 06, 2016 Samantha Lantz rated it liked it
I think it's important for everyone to know that I gave three stars because I found the whole thing interesting. With FX's American Crime story and recent talk on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills; I needed to see what this book was really about. It is by no means "written well" and I doubt they are precise recollections but I do believe there are truths behind the stories told. Also Faye may have thought she made herself look like a great friend- but in reality- she made herself look like a ...more
Carol Wiilliams
Apr 13, 2016 Carol Wiilliams rated it it was ok
I read this book when it was first published, as soon as Faye was sober enough to cash in on Nicole's murder

Faye is a disgusting excuse for a friend and did Nicole NO justice is putting out this trash.

But then, Resnick is trash.... So I guess she was reliving her own life of filth.

Gold Digger, Coke Addict.... Making money off a murdered best friend while she was in rehab at the time. Class Act. NOT!

I am seeing this book on a popular book site for $125. PLEASE! I beg you! Don't let this new O.J.
Jessica
Jun 12, 2013 Jessica rated it did not like it
The title of this book is very misleading. This is NOT the private diary of anyone. This book is Faye Resnick's pathetic attempt to make money off of her dead friend. I use the word "friend" loosely, as a real friend would not divulge this type of personal information. I highly doubt that most of what Resnick claims happened is even true.

Resnick does not have anything worthwhile to share about the life of Nicole Brown Simpson. She uses this book to name drop, as well as brag about her own vacat
Oct 22, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
This was one of the trashiest memoirs I've ever read. I do remember the murders and ensuing murder trial and acquittal. There's never been any doubt in my mind that OJ was the killer (just read his book If I Did It).

Ms. Resnick spent entirely too much time on Nicole's sex life. To the best of my recollection, Nicole's sex life was not speculated on by anyone who mattered. And it should not have been in this book. If for no other reason than that Nicole's kids might read it some day.
Carol Drufke-Zeller
Dec 21, 2010 Carol Drufke-Zeller rated it it was ok
This is a such a sad story. I have been interesting in NBS since her untimely passing. I have believed OJ was guilty from the get go, so much unrefutable evidence. This only opens the door to his exessively possessive nature, his extreme jealously, his impulsive behaviors, and his guilt. Sad, but true. I thought the deep and personal sexual descriptiveness of this "diary" was a bit much. It must have been very hard for Nicole's parents to read. I applaud Faye for her honesty, as it revealed the ...more
Kylee Gidley
Feb 18, 2016 Kylee Gidley rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. although at times I thought to my self... is this book about Nicoles or is it about Faye? Faye writes it in away that it is actually about both of them. I'm really into the new TV show about the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson so I figured this book would give me more I sight. It did. It gave me a strange understanding of insight. This is a must read book, especially if your a victim of abuse.
Joanna
May 02, 2016 Joanna rated it it was ok
Ridiculously short, and just plain ridiculous at parts. Read this for our book club after watching The People vs. OJ Simpson. Faye Resnick seems like a crazy person looking to capitalize on the trial. Wouldn't recommend this, as it wasn't particularly illuminating about anything other than Faye's friendship with Nicole (which, who cares), but at least it's super short.
Marsha Ceniceros
Feb 17, 2016 Marsha Ceniceros rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, it was very interesting to read about Nicole's life in Faye Resnick's words. I still have this book, and I do not believe I will ever get rid of it. I did read some of the negative reviews posted, although, Faye was pretty close to Nicole and the book does contain facts, along with the pictures, made a great read!
Darleen Cole warren
Jan 22, 2016 Darleen Cole warren rated it it was amazing
This book has been sitting on my shelf for a while. with the up coming tv series it was calling me to read. this book was so sad, to know what Nicole went through with this monster. although it is over 20 years it was a great read.
Froggy1001
Mar 25, 2016 Froggy1001 rated it it was ok
Horrible. I believe in trying to make readers "know" Nicole, Faye made her out in the worst possible light. I believe that this was the true Nicole...I am just disgusted that Faye, her supposed best friend and soul mate, would sell her out like that.
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2016 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Re: Audiobook

Faye Resnick cannot pronounce both syllables of the word "horror," and instead consistently says "whore." Given the context, this is not even half as amusing as it should be.
Linney Marie
Jun 15, 2014 Linney Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was great!!
As soon as I started to read this, I couldn't put it down.
It keeps you entertained as well as guessing.
I will & have recommended this to everyone I know.
Missy
May 03, 2016 Missy rated it it was ok
After all the hubbub from the American Crime Story show when this book was mentioned I had to see if my library had it. It was entertaining but unsure of how truthful any of this is.
Sue Gaunt
Mar 11, 2016 Sue Gaunt rated it it was ok
Sometimes I just read garbage. So tell me one more time why this man was not convicted..... Thank goodness he is in jail now!
  • Raging Heart: Intimate Story of the Tragic Marriage of O.J.and Nicole Brown Simpson
  • O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It
  • American Tragedy
  • Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
  • Eleanor
  • Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away with Murder
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • The Wrong Stuff
  • Letting Swift River Go
  • Senior Year: A Father, A Son, and High School Baseball
  • Emily
  • Swish: My Quest to Become the Gayest Person Ever
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery
Faye Resnick is a designer in Hollywood; she also has commercial design projects such as the Ceasars Palace Salon in Las Vegas, due to open in December of 2007.

Resnick was a witness in the civil suit of Fred Goldman versus O. J. Simpson. Resnick claimed that Simpson had stalked his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in the months preceding the murders of Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. She observed O.
More about Faye D. Resnick...