Start by marking “Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted” as Want to Read:
Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Now the world can hear Nicole Brown Simpson speak in her own voice, in this private diary. Here is a tragic story of a woman trapped in a violent cycle of fear and abuse. 2 cassettes.
Published December 31st 1994 by Dove Books (first published January 12th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Nicole Brown Simpson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicole Brown Simpson

Fiona Helmsley
I missed the OJ Simpson trial and all it's associated drama by about twenty years. I was eighteen at the time of the murders but far too distracted to pay it any attention. I was homeless and there was no television set behind the Stop and Shop supermarket where I laid my head to rest. I do recall talking on a payphone with my friend Amber as she watched the Bronco chase enfold on her end. As she gave me a bit- by- bit running commentary of what she was seeing, my mind was elsewhere, probably fi ...more
Sep 10, 2007 Joseph rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this one was SOOOO bad i just loved it. nicole's friend is #1) an ex-cocaine addict, so whatever she says should be taken with a grain of salt #2) is a fabulous hysteric, leaving out mysterious details to sketchy interpersonal situations #3) exemplifies the snooty, rich, white, brentwood cokeslut to a T. it was funny listening to her "memoires." a couple of examples that stick out to me are: how it just was oh-so-horrific to hear that her best friend was murdered the day that she was getting ...more
C Mae
Basically as "friend" she really ratted out some pretty personal details about Nicole's sex life. As much as Nicole Brown Simpson whined and complained that OJ was always cheating on her, from her friend's storying telling, Nicole did just as much "playing" as he did.

I was only in 7th or 8th grade when she was murdered and even at such a young age, you know if you aren't guilty of something then why run?

The abuse that was mentioned all throughout the book just affirmed all Nicole endured and c
I gave it 4 stars because I was so enthralled in the story and couldn't put it down, but it really wasn't a well written book. She obviously wrote it for selfish reasons, not to dispel any myths like she claims. Oh wait, there was one: that Ron Goldman and Nicole were friends not lovers.

Some of the stories she related were TMI. Why would she tell these things knowing that Nicole's kids might read it. Some "friend."

But yeah, I was sucked in, I admit it. Just being honest.
I found a copy of this book when it fell from a bookshelf and hit me on the head. I think I read this about 20 years ago, but I didn't remember much of it. It occurred to me that there were references to the Kardashian family in this memoir, which by the way is not Nicole Brown Simpson's diary, nor Faye Resnick's diary, or a diary at all. And it is certainly not private. The entire book falls into the category of TMI, a revealing of confidences that serve no good purpose for the tragically slain ...more
Kerry Kenney
Oh just as bad as you could possibly guess it would be. I am giving it one star for it's poor quality and the extra star is for it's peculiar iconic quality.
Faye Resnick was NOT a friend of Nicole's or she would not have written this "expose" of a book.
Faye Resnick must be the friend in the saying "with friends like this, who needs enemies"...
The title of this book is very misleading. This is NOT the private diary of anyone. This book is Faye Resnick's pathetic attempt to make money off of her dead friend. I use the word "friend" loosely, as a real friend would not divulge this type of personal information. I highly doubt that most of what Resnick claims happened is even true.

Resnick does not have anything worthwhile to share about the life of Nicole Brown Simpson. She uses this book to name drop, as well as brag about her own vacat
This was one of the trashiest memoirs I've ever read. I do remember the murders and ensuing murder trial and acquittal. There's never been any doubt in my mind that OJ was the killer (just read his book If I Did It).

Ms. Resnick spent entirely too much time on Nicole's sex life. To the best of my recollection, Nicole's sex life was not speculated on by anyone who mattered. And it should not have been in this book. If for no other reason than that Nicole's kids might read it some day.
Carol Drufke-Zeller
This is a such a sad story. I have been interesting in NBS since her untimely passing. I have believed OJ was guilty from the get go, so much unrefutable evidence. This only opens the door to his exessively possessive nature, his extreme jealously, his impulsive behaviors, and his guilt. Sad, but true. I thought the deep and personal sexual descriptiveness of this "diary" was a bit much. It must have been very hard for Nicole's parents to read. I applaud Faye for her honesty, as it revealed the ...more
Linney Marie
This book was great!!
As soon as I started to read this, I couldn't put it down.
It keeps you entertained as well as guessing.
I will & have recommended this to everyone I know.
Angela DeSilva
OJ Simpson
is a murderer
Mar 16, 2015 Ally added it
Good book
Paula Dembeck
This is Nicole’s best friend’s version of the events before Nicole was murdered.

It details partying, sleeping around, drinking and drugs. Despite the fact there are children, there seems to be little family life.

Trashy, exploitive and poorly written. A book to gain notoriety and profit. I read it out of curiosity, as I think most people did. It probably is what you expected it would be!!

Forget it. It is not worth the time or money (I got mine for free!).
Madonna Analla
This was a good book but it isn't Nicole's private diary like the title let me to believe. It's more about Nicole's best friend's memories of her and what she witnessed leading up to Nicole's murder. I liked it because it shed light on who Nicole was as a person and the struggles she had in her marriage. I rarely heard about her as a person so I liked the book's inside look.
Brett Baker
I really enjoyed this book. It was extremely heartbreaking because even Nicole knew her death was coming. But no one would or could help her. I found respect for her when she faced him. She refused to run & uproot her children. This decision proved fatal in the end.
Lisa Funderburk
Mar 26, 2008 Lisa Funderburk rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to anyone who reads it
Recommended to Lisa by: checked out at the lancaster county libarary
when I read this story I was so sad
on how nicole died she left beautiful
kids behind.
we are still wondering today if OJ really
killed her? all I know God knows that anwser
but the book was good that woman was abused.
true story read it if you havent.
I really enjoyed this book and found it very interesting! I don't usually get bothered by minor editing mistakes but this book had quite a bit. Sometimes I had to re-read a sentence a few times because extra words were added that didn't make sense!
Aug 08, 2010 Glennis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who still has doubts.
Recommended to Glennis by: Karen
Perspective from another direction... More questions as to how in the world did he get away with this in criminal court? But..those of us who followed the case know why...
More of a tabloid than a novel. Disjointed stories that skipped around. A lot of drama from a marginally credible source...
Saw this book at my parents house and I picked it up since there was nothing on tv. I couldn't put it down. Quick read.
I read this book right after the trial of OJ Simpson. Her life was a great big hollywood party. Very interesting.
Robyn Stone
Quick read. Sheds some light on what led up to the murder. I would recommend.
G Ream
Kind of lame - woe is me - but still tragic for NBS
I devoured this book in a couple hours.
Jul 26, 2011 Amy added it
Wasn't a huge fan of this one.
Susanna Dudra
TRagic and fasinating
Haunting and memorable.
  • American Tragedy
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away with Murder
  • Eleanor
  • Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Emily
  • The Wrong Stuff
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • Without a Doubt
  • Emma's Poem: The Voice of the Statue of Liberty
  • Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery
  • The Boy Who Drew Birds: A Story of John James Audubon
  • Rat Pack Confidential: Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter, Joey and the Last Great Show Biz Party
  • Letting Swift River Go
Faye Resnick is a designer in Hollywood; she also has commercial design projects such as the Ceasars Palace Salon in Las Vegas, due to open in December of 2007.

Resnick was a witness in the civil suit of Fred Goldman versus O. J. Simpson. Resnick claimed that Simpson had stalked his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in the months preceding the murders of Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. She observed O.
More about Faye D. Resnick...