Start by marking “Change the Way You See Everything Through Asset-Based Thinking for Teens” as Want to Read:
Change the Way You See Everything Through Asset-Based Thinking for Teens

Change the Way You See Everything Through Asset-Based Thinking for Teens

From corporate coach Kathryn Cramer and marketing genius Hank Wasiak comes the first asset-based thinking (ABT) book for young adults that will change the way they see everything! This brilliant and simple book on the philosophy of ABT instills success-oriented habits in even the most stubborn teens. By focusing on the positive situations in life instead of the negative, t
Published March 10th 2009 by Running Press Kids (first published March 1st 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Change the Way You See Everything Through Asset-Based Thinking for Teens

Courtney Wallace
Feb 20, 2017 Courtney Wallace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, read-2017
I feel like the art of realism is lost on many people in this day and age. Cramer discusses what it means to accept things or obstacles in you life for what they are without the notion of changing them. This allows you a level of inner peace that you can only gain through complete acceptance. Do not be mistake, Cramer doesn't want you to dwell on your hardships but rather learn to liberate yourselves from them through realistic thinking and action. As they say, "progress is impossible without c ...more
Rickey
Apr 29, 2012 Rickey marked it as partly-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rickey by: FranklinCovey store
"When you change the way you see things, the things you see change." - Anonymous

So begins and ends this book, on the inside of the front and back cover, with a mysterious image and an explanation of the image that might surprise you.

I'm not sure if the rest of the book might surprise any of us. It seems like it contains some of the same 'positive-thinking' 'self-help' messages that other classics already contain. However, this one has some beautiful pictures and a more modernized graphic design
Dave
I really enjoyed this book. I know that any book that falls into the 'self-help' or 'self improvement' category can be met with the same sort of eye rolling and skepticism that I would give to someone telling me to read The Secret for the solution to all my problems.

But, this book isn't so much a self help book but one that highlights ways that you can look at finding solutions to your situation as opposed to allowing yourself to be mired in the fact that a situation or your life isn't going th
Kellyann
Mar 21, 2014 Kellyann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really wonderful in multiple ways. First off, it's an extra-large, hard cover, "picture-book" type format. Inspiring even just to look at. Then, the methods it outlines are presented in a short and sweet, easily acceptable AND implementable way. "Self-help", be a better person type books like this are often waaay too long, overly drawing out every point they're trying to make instead of just getting to the point. I really appreciated that this wasn't this way. Definitely one to kee ...more
Rachel
Feb 07, 2008 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The jacket for this book is great, but the interiors and design are laughable. Really, the whole book is kind of nuts and the organization makes little sense. BUT, if you're like me and are a bit of a nut about self-improvement in the workplace, you'll get something out of this. It's a fast read (what with all the weird stock photography) and the governing concept (the benefit of asset-based thinking) makes a lot of sense. The good stuff could be distilled into 3-4 hardworking pages.
Kevin Eikenberry
I don’t go into bookstores as often as I used to. But Sunday I did, and I’m glad I did. I looked at books, and kept thinking about how many were at home and at my office on the reading list. I looked but didn’t … - See more at: http://blog.kevineikenberry.com/leade...
Janet
Jan 13, 2011 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was insightful as to how to look on the asset based side of things, as to who we are, what moves us,and use those things to enrich our life, rather than what is lacking- how this can open our lives to great possibilities. It is inspiring to read. I kind of lost interest towards the end, I thought most of the good information was towards the front of the book.
Meghan
Oct 13, 2012 Meghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of self-help books. They have been very helpful on my quest to find myself and make myself a better person. This one I found at the library and I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting it was. It is full of information, given to you in a fun and creative way, plus several activities to help you along the way.
Lindsay
Feb 19, 2012 Lindsay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I heard about this book from a co-worker and decided to read it. Now that I've read it I recommend it to many. It is not a "Pollyanna" way of living or looking at things or an unrealistic way of living; it is about looking at situations and issues differently. A way to change your perspective and evaluate the good in the situation at hand.
Kiersten
Jun 03, 2008 Kiersten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A feel-good book. I loved how they gave several lists in the book about the "old way" of saying something and then a new "Asset-based thinking" way. I was able to print them out and reference them quickly. I even shared them at the office
نورة الحصان

i was really fascinated with the design and the photo of this book

but what really matter is the content and the text was not that helpful ,

i can count the pages on my hand which added new thing to my knowledge.

i will give it a read again to see if i miss something :(

Michael Murphy
Jan 26, 2015 Michael Murphy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Garbage. Dithering self-help pseudo-advice. I'd imagine the poor, lost soul who finds this tripe helpful might make better use of their time at a local Scientology center getting a free assessment. Same type of crap, might as well go big or go home.
Rusty
Dec 21, 2011 Rusty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The space between "Your Present Action" and "The Future You Want To Create" is IMPACT! What fuels your impact? I suddenly see the chasms I must cross as opportunities that must be taken with BIG steps. (You can't jump a chasm with baby steps.) Excellent for the right-brained person.
Anne Walbridge
Apr 18, 2009 Anne Walbridge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not too much new here (basically focus on the positive) but it's presented in an invigoratingly fresh way. Best graphic design I've seen in a book, ever.
Sandra Kinzer
Lots of good advice-- now to remember all of it!
CJ Romberger
What a beautiful book! This one caught my eye on the way out of the Self-Help section and was definitely an impulse purchase. I love it when those impulse purchases turn out to be treasures.
Stephen
Aug 04, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
READ AUG 2012

Well produced piece and solid material on accountability and initiative.
Jason
Oct 03, 2009 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not tons of "meat" like you will get with Tolle, but a great book to pick up whenever you desire a change of latitude.
Patrick Fassnacht
Dec 14, 2012 Patrick Fassnacht rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
quick, inspirational, and nice positive-minded focus. For someone who likes Asset-Based thinking already, this still offered some gems.
quick and light-hearted.
Katherine
I think I am done with the book. I didn't finish it but it was interesting just not what I wanted right now.
"Aubri"/Lisa
I really appreciate the Asset Base Thinking model, but I got more out of participating in the workshop than reading this.
Kristen
Aug 26, 2015 Kristen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-2016
it was ok
Hal Hobenshield
Oct 19, 2014 Hal Hobenshield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I enjoyed listening to this book. it is extremely valuable and easy to understand. this will make a difference in your life. sorry and suit.
Beth
Sep 23, 2015 Beth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Truth be told, I couldn't read this whole book, not that it was difficult. There just seemed to be absolutely no real content.
Adam
Nov 02, 2013 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but too much picturing art and not too fun-still, I still liked it!
Emily
Jul 17, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very meaty book for how few WORDS there are! Photos are gorgeous and the message is beautiful.
Audrey
Apr 06, 2013 Audrey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basically goes along with the theory of "be the change you wish to see in the world". Good insight into how you impact your personal world and linking that to greater change.
Justin Zamora
an interesting book on how a shift in our perspective about our life can lead to some pretty remarkable benefits.... nothing groundbreaking, but a good read.
John Sims
Aug 11, 2012 John Sims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspiration
helpful to get you going
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Asset Based Thinking 1 7 Apr 26, 2009 04:39PM
  • Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back
  • Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques
  • The Answer to How Is Yes: Acting on What Matters
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • Shift: How to Reinvent Your Business, Your Career, and Your Personal Brand
  • Daily Candy A to Z: An Insider's Guide to the Sweet Life
  • The Portable Coach: 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success
  • Shameless Exploitation in Pursuit of the Common Good: The Madcap Business Adventure by the Truly Oddest Couple
  • There is More to the Secret: An Examination of Rhonda Byrne's Bestselling Book 'The Secret'
  • How Good Do You Want to Be?: A Champion's Tips on How to Lead and Succeed at Work and in Life
  • Idea Stormers: How to Lead and Inspire Creative Breakthroughs
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Flight Plan: The Real Secret of Success
  • Coaching the Artist Within: Advice for Writers, Actors, Visual Artists, and Musicians from America's Foremost Creativity Coach
  • Drawing: A Creative Process
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Organizing Genius: The Secrets of Creative Collaboration
  • How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life
Kathy Cramer, Ph.D., is the founder and managing partner of The Cramer Institute in St. Louis, MO. For more than twenty years, she and her colleagues have pioneered the development of Asset-Based Thinking (ABT) approaches to coaching, consulting, and training, and inspiring individuals and organizations. Her signature programs, keynotes, books, and online and new media offerings have passionate fo ...more
More about Kathryn D. Cramer...