Start by marking “Treasured Vows ” as Want to Read:
Treasured Vows

Treasured Vows

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  234 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
As stubborn as she is beautiful, Phadra Abbott will not be deterred when she sets her mind on something. And now that the reckless heiress has decided to track down her spendthrift explorer father, nothing is going to stand in her way—not even her handsome, long-suffering guardian Grant Morgan.

Though strong and level-headed, Grant has watched his own life go disastrously a
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Avon (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Treasured Vows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasured Vows

Once and Always by Judith McNaughtUntil You by Judith McNaughtLord of Ice by Gaelen FoleyMinx by Julia QuinnForbidden Love by Karen Robards
Historical Guardian/Ward Romance Novels
43rd out of 62 books — 91 voters
The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress by Victoria AlexanderThe Sorrow's Garden by Anthony CarinhasThe Naked Baron by Sally MacKenzieThe Naked Marquis by Sally MacKenzieThe Naked King by Sally MacKenzie
On my list to read.
12th out of 113 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Patricia Kate
I like the themes in this book . . . about women's rights, but I felt like Phadra Abbot, the heroine, went about promoting the rights in a foolish manner. Plus I'm not sure the depiction of society's reaction to her was quite accurate for that era.

Phadra seemed almost like a Holly Golightly with her unconventional dress and impromptu parties. But she didn't have all the charm of Holly and I found it hard to suspend my disbelief over the things she does and others' reactions to them.

Once again
Alex
At First Sight: At 25, Phadra Abbott is tired of living in a boarding school waiting for her famous explorer father to return. So she runs away and sets her own house in London, happily thinking one of her father's only worthy discoveries - a set of priceless emeralds, left in the care of the Bank of England - will back her up financially.

But once the bills start to pile up, one of the bank directors - Sir Cecil - calls her in and gives her some shocking news. The emeralds in the bank's vault ar
Haley Osborn
Jul 20, 2016 Haley Osborn rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Phadra is one of those female leads that I love to read, she is culturally inspired and interesting in both her thought and fashion. Grant, meanwhile, seems to be the complete opposite as a stiff necked proper banker. Together these two make for a fun and entertaining story. Both characters stand well on their own and even better as their relationship grows and develops. What makes them so interesting is the fact of how opposite they are, but they really round each other out. ...more
Cherie
Jan 19, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Phadra (fay-dra) is unconventional and Grant is the opposite. Another thoroughly engaging heroine by Cathy Maxwell. Phadra reminded me a bit of Phaedra Blair in Madeline Hunter's Lessons of desire. Even their names are similar.

Grant is a great guy. He's also stunningly handsome which brings out the huntress in many women. He ignores it though. He's brilliant with money which brings him in contact with the aristocracy. He's honorable almost to a fault. Not at all like h
lia
Feb 23, 2013 lia rated it liked it
I like this book and would have rated it a 4 stars if only the heroine has a sliver of common sense in her head.

There's a different between wanting equality with men with sheer stupidity and that was what she has. Stupidity. She does every stupid things possible and which the hero than has to sweep off her garbage.

The villain in the book is almost comical. It's like watching a bad soap opera.

The good thing about this book is that it actually allows the hero and the heroine to know each other
Jen Haile
Nov 09, 2012 Jen Haile rated it really liked it
I loves this book! Cathy Maxwell is one of my favorite authors. The heroine is adorable, courageous and honest. The hero is a bit stiff but gorgeous( I imagine Cary Grant in "Bringing up Baby", young with glasses!) He is ambitious, honorable and totally unable to deal with his attraction to the educated, eccentric and flamboyantly lovely feminist! This book is witty,sweet and tender. It really is hard to find a Cathy Maxwell novel I didn't love!
Lindsay
Feb 02, 2010 Lindsay rated it it was ok
Generally, I liked the feminist premise. But holy crap, being a feminist and in favor of female empowerment does not mean one should run around impulsively and do whatever one wants. The heroine really would have screwed things up in reality. I wish the book had made the point that being an autonomous being is not the same as doing whatever half-baked thing waltzes across your mind.
Nunung
Aug 10, 2010 Nunung rated it really liked it
Not everyday you found a romance mentions Mary Wollstonecraft (and any other Feminist). This is refreshing, and enlightening for woman readers who are not lucky enough to encounter feminism idea yet.

I especially love the quotation of 'A Vindication of the Rights of Woman' on page 0 ^_^
Camille
Jun 07, 2010 Camille rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Don't get me wrong, I adore headstrong, fiery heroines but I found Phadra Abbott, the heroine in "Treasured Vows" to be incredibly obnoxious. That made it hard for me to like this book.
Hemangi Patgiri
Dec 17, 2015 Hemangi Patgiri rated it really liked it
A blend of romance, scheming and scandal of embezzlement of huge amount of funds in a bank. This regency romance is one of thebest from cathy maxwell
Maggie V
Nov 10, 2011 Maggie V rated it liked it
A nice romance ... not as steamy as I usually like them, but the characters were definitely fun.
Diana
Feb 27, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
Cute Regency romance. Duels, antiquities hunting, nascent women's rights and happy ever after.
Isabel Mansfield
Jun 21, 2012 Isabel Mansfield rated it liked it
Another winner i love this author
Pamela
Jan 07, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
D
D added it
Jul 16, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Mr. Shawn Delaney
Mr. Shawn Delaney rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Sandi
Sandi added it
Jul 05, 2016
Chitradurga Banerjee
Chitradurga Banerjee marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Catrinel Mihaela
Catrinel Mihaela marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Jennifer Crampton
Jennifer Crampton rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Audrey Krippendorf
Audrey Krippendorf rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Hli
Hli added it
May 23, 2016
MV Kasi
MV Kasi rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • How To Be A Scottish Mistress
  • Her Outlaw (Bad Luck Brides, #7)
  • The Incurable Matchmaker
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Night Fever
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #2)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • Forbidden (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #6)
  • To Pleasure A Lady (Courtship Wars #1)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • How to Ravish a Rake (How To #3)
  • Beauty and the Spy (Holt Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • The Return of the Earl (Botany Bay, #1)
  • The Seduction
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...