Start by marking “Treasured Vows ” as Want to Read:
Treasured Vows

Treasured Vows

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As stubborn as she is beautiful, Phadra Abbott will not be deterred when she sets her mind on something. And now that the reckless heiress has decided to track down her spendthrift explorer father, nothing is going to stand in her way—not even her handsome, long-suffering guardian Grant Morgan.

Though strong and level-headed, Grant has watched his own life go disastrously a
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Avon (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Treasured Vows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasured Vows

Once and Always by Judith McNaughtUntil You by Judith McNaughtLord of Ice by Gaelen FoleyMinx by Julia QuinnForbidden Love by Karen Robards
Historical Guardian/Ward Romance Novels
37th out of 60 books — 81 voters
The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress by Victoria AlexanderThe Sorrow's Garden by Anthony CarinhasThe Naked Baron by Sally MacKenzieThe Naked Marquis by Sally MacKenzieThe Naked King by Sally MacKenzie
On my list to read.
12th out of 113 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Patricia Kate
I like the themes in this book . . . about women's rights, but I felt like Phadra Abbot, the heroine, went about promoting the rights in a foolish manner. Plus I'm not sure the depiction of society's reaction to her was quite accurate for that era.

Phadra seemed almost like a Holly Golightly with her unconventional dress and impromptu parties. But she didn't have all the charm of Holly and I found it hard to suspend my disbelief over the things she does and others' reactions to them.

Once again
At First Sight: At 25, Phadra Abbott is tired of living in a boarding school waiting for her famous explorer father to return. So she runs away and sets her own house in London, happily thinking one of her father's only worthy discoveries - a set of priceless emeralds, left in the care of the Bank of England - will back her up financially.

But once the bills start to pile up, one of the bank directors - Sir Cecil - calls her in and gives her some shocking news. The emeralds in the bank's vault ar
I really liked this story. Phadra (fay-dra) is unconventional and Grant is the opposite. Another thoroughly engaging heroine by Cathy Maxwell. Phadra reminded me a bit of Phaedra Blair in Madeline Hunter's Lessons of desire. Even their names are similar.

Grant is a great guy. He's also stunningly handsome which brings out the huntress in many women. He ignores it though. He's brilliant with money which brings him in contact with the aristocracy. He's honorable almost to a fault. Not at all like h
I like this book and would have rated it a 4 stars if only the heroine has a sliver of common sense in her head.

There's a different between wanting equality with men with sheer stupidity and that was what she has. Stupidity. She does every stupid things possible and which the hero than has to sweep off her garbage.

The villain in the book is almost comical. It's like watching a bad soap opera.

The good thing about this book is that it actually allows the hero and the heroine to know each other
Hemangi Patgiri
A blend of romance, scheming and scandal of embezzlement of huge amount of funds in a bank. This regency romance is one of thebest from cathy maxwell
Jen Haile
I loves this book! Cathy Maxwell is one of my favorite authors. The heroine is adorable, courageous and honest. The hero is a bit stiff but gorgeous( I imagine Cary Grant in "Bringing up Baby", young with glasses!) He is ambitious, honorable and totally unable to deal with his attraction to the educated, eccentric and flamboyantly lovely feminist! This book is witty,sweet and tender. It really is hard to find a Cathy Maxwell novel I didn't love!
Generally, I liked the feminist premise. But holy crap, being a feminist and in favor of female empowerment does not mean one should run around impulsively and do whatever one wants. The heroine really would have screwed things up in reality. I wish the book had made the point that being an autonomous being is not the same as doing whatever half-baked thing waltzes across your mind.
Not everyday you found a romance mentions Mary Wollstonecraft (and any other Feminist). This is refreshing, and enlightening for woman readers who are not lucky enough to encounter feminism idea yet.

I especially love the quotation of 'A Vindication of the Rights of Woman' on page 0 ^_^
Don't get me wrong, I adore headstrong, fiery heroines but I found Phadra Abbott, the heroine in "Treasured Vows" to be incredibly obnoxious. That made it hard for me to like this book.
Maggie V
A nice romance ... not as steamy as I usually like them, but the characters were definitely fun.
Cute Regency romance. Duels, antiquities hunting, nascent women's rights and happy ever after.
Isabel Mansfield
Another winner i love this author
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Swathi Balasubramanian
Swathi Balasubramanian marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Leeza Shaheed
Leeza Shaheed marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Monika marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Latha Maahi
Latha Maahi marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • How To Be A Scottish Mistress
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • Night Fever
  • Her Outlaw (Bad Luck Brides, #7)
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • The Gilded Web
  • Till Next We Meet
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #2)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • Stealing the Bride (Danvers, #2)
  • How to Ravish a Rake (How To Series #3)
  • The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)
  • Enchanting Pleasures (Pleasures, #3)
  • Ragged Rainbows
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...