Serial Killers

Serial Killers

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  20 reviews
A well-liked, respected, caring pillar of the community - or an outsider, socially inept and with a frightening appearance? Wearing many different masks, serial killers are among the most disturbing and dangerous violent criminals in existence.They are individuals who have a history of multiple murders, normally committed over a long period of time and often with periods o...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Omnipress (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Serial Killers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serial Killers

♥Beleza★✰
This is another compilation of true crime accounts. It covers ‘Serial Killers’, with the loose definition of a serial killer being a person who kills multiple people with a cooling off period between. There are some that have issues with that definition.

However I am not here to debate that. This book covers killers from Dr. William Palmer of Rugeley, Staffordshire, Britain, the first documented murder he committed was in 1846, it continues down to our day, the last account being of Angel Resendi...more
Chelsea Doshier
Jun 08, 2012 Chelsea Doshier rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys True Crime
My grandmother bought this book for me a couple of years ago for $30 at Barnes and Nobles. It's a pretty huge book in length, hard copy with a sleeve. I've recently seen that it's also available for .99 cents on the Kindle Fire. (I don't regret ever asking for the actual hard-back copy because it's 100% accurate with photos and enough detail. Worth the $30)

Aside from my friends judging me based on my interest in atrocious crimes such as these, I don't see any reason why someone would not like t...more
Kevin G
Serial Killers are thankfully rare, though you do wonder when you read this book, All are driven by compulsion; the triggers are multiple... greed, hatred, sexual deviance or its it simply a sick mind? What is amazing is that most operate in society in a normal way and are not seen as a threat. Catching these killers also seems to require an element of luck, Ted Bundy, the Yorkshire Ripper are good examples and would not have been caught had it not been for a lot of luck. Serial Killers document...more
Sanjay Tillani
It is a nice book about serial killers. But i not good for explaining the psychology of these serial killer. Although the book was good but the description is limited.
Philip
easy read, more like searching on Wikipedia than an actual book.
Leanne Hills
I love true life crime/murder stories. Scares the life out of me but then again I do love a good scare occasionally. I can't believe there have been so many sick horrible crimes committed over the past decades. I love thinking about what has made these people so evil, is it just the way they were born or is it circumstance, especially so when there are more than one person involved in the horrendous crime. Makes you shudder!
Whitney
This is a very interesting read if you want to know about all the famous serial killers. It doesnt go into much detail about each one but it does give a broad prospective of who they were and what they did. It did give some details of how they murdered their victims or where they were found. Some details left me shuddering. Over all it was very interesting and it left me wanting to know more about some of the serial killers.
Rebecca
This is my current coffee table book, and it represents my fav kind of crime book. I only like crime books that are big picture books with only like 5 pages tops on each "insident." I own/ have owned so many of these books that I live in fear I will die under suspicious circumstances and stragers will find these books and judge me unfairly.
Darren Hughes
Bundy, Shipman, Zodiac, BTK, Night Stalker, Fred & Rose West! You name it they are all here in this book. 5 to 8 pages on the sickest minds of our time. Not too much detail but just enough to keep you flicking through the pages.
5/5 brilliant must read book if you like true crime!!!
Nikki
Quite the interesting read. This book gives in some insight into the serial killers. I read about some I hadn't heard of before. It seems there were just as many outside of the US as there are in the US.
If you're into true crimes then you'll enjoy it.
Tracy
Read like an encyclopedia or who's who of serial killers. A little too graphic for me. I was hoping to hear more of the why and/or forensics but not so much.
Melinda Heans
This book was packed full of information on serial killers. I loved it, but one thing that disappointed me was that Robert pickton wasn't in it.
Amanda
A great insight into the twisted minds of some well known serial killers. This book was easy to read and hard to put down.
Michael Finn
This book is a great look into the minds of different serial killers. A definite must read if you are interested in this topic.
Rebecca
I enjoyed this book, for what it is. Rather sensational, and lots of gruesome pictures. Nice bedtime reading!
Shylah
Very interesting. Had some stories about some I never heard of before.
Neal Hughes
Not for bedtime but a great insight into dark minds!
Zusumi Meza
Fed my fascination!
Couldn't put it down!
Sherry Lee
FREAKY! Omg! Very interesting!
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
  • Serial Killers
  • One of Your Own: The Life and Death of Myra Hindley
  • Bind, Torture, Kill: The Inside Story of the Serial Killer Next Door
  • Talking with Serial Killers: The Most Evil People in the World Tell Their Own Stories
  • The Children and the Wolves
  • Encyclopedia of Serial Killers
  • Fatal: The Poisonous Life of a Female Serial Killer
  • Death Trap
  • Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters
  • Escaping the Arroyo
  • Cellar of Horror
  • Unanswered Cries: A True Story Of Friends, Neighbors, And Murder In A Small Town
  • Identity Crisis
  • The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings
  • Witch: The True Story of Las Vegas' Most Notorious Female Killer
  • Twisted Triangle: A Famous Crime Writer, a Lesbian Love Affair, and the FBI Husband's Violent Revenge
  • Brutal: The Untold Story of My Life Inside Whitey Bulger's Irish Mob
  • Confessions of a Boyfriend Stealer
William Murray was an American fiction editor and staff writer at The New Yorker for more than thirty years. He wrote a series of mystery novels set in the world of horse racing, many featuring Shifty Lou Anderson, a professional magician and horseplayer. Among his many contributions to The New Yorker was the magazine's "Letters from Italy" of which he was the sole author. The majority of his late...more
More about William Murray...
City of the Soul: A Walk in Rome Fortissimo: Backstage at the Opera with Sacred Monsters and Young Singers Janet, My Mother and Me: A Memoir of Growing Up with Janet Flanner and Natalia Danesi Murray Tip on a Dead Crab Dead Heat