Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (#8)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (#8)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries #8)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  446 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Cam Jansen is a crack detective with a photographic memory. Together with her friend Eric, she solves every mystery that comes her way.
Published June 1st 1999 by Puffin (first published May 14th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie

Apr 20, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The original Cam Jansen series follows the exploits of 10-year-old 5th grader Jennifer "the Camera" (aka "Cam") Jansen and her best friend, classmate, and neighbor Eric Shelton. Cam got her nickname because of her photographic memory. All she has to do is say "Click," and Cam can remember everything she's seen, which comes in pretty handy when trying to solve mysteries.

David Adler has written several beginning chapter book series, but Cam Jansen is one of the earliest and most successful. He's b
Amanda Banken
Mar 24, 2016 Amanda Banken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I forgot about this series. I used to love it so much when I was in elementary school. These books were probably the first chapter books I ever read and I can remember as a child pretending I had a photographic memory when I was taking tests I class.
Wow I can't believe he is still writing books for this series that so wonderful. I loved every book that I read of this series although it's been so long I can hardly remember which ones except this one because it was the first.
Emma B
Feb 03, 2016 Emma B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Skylar
Jun 25, 2014 Skylar rated it it was amazing
This book is interesting because it's mysterious, and partly crime solving. I enjoy both mysteries and crime solving books. The twist in this book will blow you away. (I don't want to ruin it for you though so I won't tell you what it is haha).
Victor Lam
Ages 8 & Up • A fifth-grader uses her photographic memory, her mother, and her friend Eric to find a missing reel of a monster film they go to see.

Melissa Namba
Makes good use of Cams photographic memory, while offering enough clues that a kid could solve it. Fun diversion with the warring theater owners.
Kaytee
Apr 09, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
cam was about to see a movie but then it turned off. then she went to get popcorn then she heard some yelling
Dolly
May 03, 2010 Dolly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Weird. Weird, weird, weird. (view spoiler)

I really enjoy reading the Cam Jansen series of books with our girls, but I didn't really like this one. Our girls thought it was okay. At least Cam's mother goes with her and Eric to confront Angela Kane.
Lila Olsen
Jan 09, 2015 Lila Olsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cam knew just what to do when the film reel got stolen.
Julie
Mar 28, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was my favorite so far. The Cam Jansen series is loved series. This book had many events take place which made the mystery even trickier to figure out. I like this book for many reasons. Children would love this book because how fun and exciting all of Cam’s adventures are. I would use this in a future classroom to teach about surroundings or movies. Cam was always aware of her surroundings which is what made her so good at figuring out the mystery. I love this series and I could see th ...more
Eliott
Jan 23, 2015 Eliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty interesting book.
Elisha
Apr 23, 2013 Elisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned that we should not complain, especially in public because it would set a bad example for other people (especially children). If something is wrong with the quality of the product or service, explain kindly and calmly. I also learned that everybody has a motive (or reason) behind their decisions and we should have the right motives.
Chak
Sep 08, 2009 Chak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid
I really like Cam Jansen books a lot, but the one thing that I don't like is that she often does things I would consider dangerous while she is solving a mystery. She doesn't do anything questionable in the Young Cam Jansen series, BTW. Well, they are still entertaining and gives me a lot to talk about with my son about what not to do.
Marcia
Jul 23, 2011 Marcia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book would probably be very enjoyable to read if I were 7. Unfortunately I am not. We listened to this as an audio book on a long drive. This book helped to make the drive even longer. But like I said if I were 7 or 8 I might love it. My daughter has read many many of these books.
Anna
Oct 30, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
In the movie the shoes came alive. They were attacking the humans. Then the show got shut off. It was because that the actress stole the other part of the movie because she thought that she didn't act good in it.
Kristine Hansen
Who would steal the second real of a third rate monster movie? Cam and Eric are on the case.

Lots of fun, and actually some pretty astute observations for a kids' book. I was impressed....and entertained!
Cecily
Feb 22, 2013 Cecily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really do wish there was a horror movie about shoes.
Haaley ♡ Lawley
Sep 21, 2015 Haaley ♡ Lawley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books, fiction
Definitely a good kids book. Love the mystery.
Sara
Someone steels a tape to a monster movie.
Suya
Suya added it
May 26, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Bellatrix
Bellatrix rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
O-Rum Cha
O-Rum Cha marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Emilie Salazar
Emilie Salazar marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Gene
Gene rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Jerjuan Lindsay
Jerjuan Lindsay rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
BJ
BJ marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Marvin Redpost: Why Pick on Me?
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • Giants Don't Go Snowboarding (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #33)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper