Start by marking “Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (#8)” as Want to Read:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (#8)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries #8)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Cam Jansen is a crack detective with a photographic memory. Together with her friend Eric, she solves every mystery that comes her way.
Published June 1st 1999 by Puffin (first published May 14th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie

The original Cam Jansen series follows the exploits of 10-year-old 5th grader Jennifer "the Camera" (aka "Cam") Jansen and her best friend, classmate, and neighbor Eric Shelton. Cam got her nickname because of her photographic memory. All she has to do is say "Click," and Cam can remember everything she's seen, which comes in pretty handy when trying to solve mysteries.

David Adler has written several beginning chapter book series, but Cam Jansen is one of the earliest and most successful. He's b
Kris
3.5 STARS

A great mystery/detective series - a great novel for young children (easy to read). For those who like Harriet the Spy and Encyclopedia Brown.
Skylar
This book is interesting because it's mysterious, and partly crime solving. I enjoy both mysteries and crime solving books. The twist in this book will blow you away. (I don't want to ruin it for you though so I won't tell you what it is haha).
Victor Lam
Ages 8 & Up • A fifth-grader uses her photographic memory, her mother, and her friend Eric to find a missing reel of a monster film they go to see.

Kaytee
cam was about to see a movie but then it turned off. then she went to get popcorn then she heard some yelling
Dolly
May 03, 2010 Dolly rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Weird. Weird, weird, weird. (view spoiler)

I really enjoy reading the Cam Jansen series of books with our girls, but I didn't really like this one. Our girls thought it was okay. At least Cam's mother goes with her and Eric to confront Angela Kane.
Lila Olsen
Cam knew just what to do when the film reel got stolen.
Julie
This one was my favorite so far. The Cam Jansen series is loved series. This book had many events take place which made the mystery even trickier to figure out. I like this book for many reasons. Children would love this book because how fun and exciting all of Cam’s adventures are. I would use this in a future classroom to teach about surroundings or movies. Cam was always aware of her surroundings which is what made her so good at figuring out the mystery. I love this series and I could see th ...more
Eliott
This was a pretty interesting book.
Elisha
I learned that we should not complain, especially in public because it would set a bad example for other people (especially children). If something is wrong with the quality of the product or service, explain kindly and calmly. I also learned that everybody has a motive (or reason) behind their decisions and we should have the right motives.
Chak
I really like Cam Jansen books a lot, but the one thing that I don't like is that she often does things I would consider dangerous while she is solving a mystery. She doesn't do anything questionable in the Young Cam Jansen series, BTW. Well, they are still entertaining and gives me a lot to talk about with my son about what not to do.
Marcia
This book would probably be very enjoyable to read if I were 7. Unfortunately I am not. We listened to this as an audio book on a long drive. This book helped to make the drive even longer. But like I said if I were 7 or 8 I might love it. My daughter has read many many of these books.
Anna
In the movie the shoes came alive. They were attacking the humans. Then the show got shut off. It was because that the actress stole the other part of the movie because she thought that she didn't act good in it.
Kristine Pratt
Who would steal the second real of a third rate monster movie? Cam and Eric are on the case.

Lots of fun, and actually some pretty astute observations for a kids' book. I was impressed....and entertained!
Cecily
I really do wish there was a horror movie about shoes.
Haaley Lawley
Definitely a good kids book. Love the mystery.
Sara
Someone steels a tape to a monster movie.
Zion Cleberg
Zion Cleberg marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Julia
Julia added it
Apr 17, 2015
Main Street
Main Street marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Renuka Mujumdar
Renuka Mujumdar marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Lisa Gorden-Cushman
Lisa Gorden-Cushman marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Horrible Harry and the Holidaze
  • Marvin Redpost: Why Pick on Me?
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then- ...more
More about David A. Adler...

Cam Jansen Mysteries (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Gold Coins (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Carnival Prize (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #9)
  • The Mystery at the Monkey House (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)