Start by marking “Married in Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)” as Want to Read:
Married in Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)

Married in Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,541 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
How to meet and marry a man in Seattle.

There are all the usual ways, of course, but here's how Janine Hartman and Meg Remington did it.

Janine: My grandfather Hartman arranged a husband for me! Zach Thomas, the intended groom, was just as outraged as I was. But Gramps insisted we'd be "a perfect match." First comes marriage, according to him.

Meg: My teenage daughter, Lindse
Published January 1st 2009 by Mira

Michael crage
Jul 24, 2015 Michael crage rated it it was amazing
Actually I am giving this book a ten rating. There are two novels each of them worth a five to 5+5+10. Both stories are about a couple being set up with each other, neither pair wanting it. They were both hilarious. The first a grand daughter and business partner were set up with each other by the grandfather of the girl who is the new business partner through a merger of the guy. Neither were enthusiastic about it about the other to start with. The second novel the woman's teenage daughter and ...more
Tiffany
I have seen several women (usually at the airport) reading Debbie Macomber books. I picked one up at the library and quickly scaned through it. It didn't seem to questionable so I thought I would give it a try. My first confusion came when I realized that there were actually 2 stories in the one. I absolutely loved the first story. If it would have slown down to be a little more realistic and been a full novel by itself I would have probably adored it more. Nevertheless I still would give the fi ...more
May 03, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
Another book with 2 reissues of older Macomber books. These are both books from the early 90s.

First Comes Marriage
Typical Macomber...cute, simplified story. A little "incomplete" in my opinion. The story was too weak for me. Not one of the better Macomber stories, but still an easy read...quick and fluffy. I did smile quite a bit when the grandfather was around.

Wanted: Perfect Partner
Better than the first story. Maybe a little over the top, but cute. Classic kids meddling with their parents love
Pam
Jul 05, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
Married in Seattle is by Debbie Macomber. It is actually two books in one.
First Comes Marriage is the first book. Zachary Thomas works for Janine Hartman’s Gramps, Anton Hartman. Neither are married and Anton who had joined his company with Zachary’s wants Janine and Zachary to marry. He thinks an arranged marriage is the way to go, after all, it worked for him.

Wanted : Perfect Partner is the second book. Lindsay Remington and her best friend Brenda put a personal ad in the paper to find Linds
Valerie
Jul 25, 2009 Valerie rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009, chick-lit
While a little predictable and somewhat redundant, these two stories were cute. But that's it. It did come in handy to read though since my little boy is sick and wanted to do nothing but lay on the couch with me and watch cartoons. I'm glad I had something light and fluffy to read that I could put down and come back to multiple times through out the afternoon and evening.
Melissa
May 24, 2009 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all romance fans!
I enjoyed both stories in this book. The Grandfather has some "old-fashioned" views in the first story, but he meant well. The second story is about a daughter helping her single mom, and a sister helping her single brother. After some interesting situations,..everything turns out well ( dont want to give too much away )
Wendy T
Another enjoyable book by one of my favourite authors.
Cynthia
Mar 27, 2014 Cynthia rated it it was ok
Debbie Macomber has written some really good books. Sadly, this isn't one of them. The protagonist of "First Comes Marriage," Janine, is annoying and gets angry at the slightest things. I honestly couldn't see any reason why Zach would fall in love with her. The second story, "Wanted: Perfect Partner," had a great premise, but the short format of the story made it seem rushed and lacking details. Since I live near Seattle, I was hoping for some local landmarks, but the locales were very generic.
Debbie Heaton
May 23, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it
In Macomber’s romance novel, divorce attorney Nash Davenport doesn’t believe in marriage. He’s seen too many hit the skids to ever be foolish enough to walk down that path. Savannah Charles is a wedding planner who believes in love and marriage and all that goes with it. When Nash proposes, Savannah immediately accepts even though it’s strictly a business arrangement, or is it?

A wonderful story that will leave the reader believing in love everlasting.
Jami Dutcher
Dec 23, 2014 Jami Dutcher rated it it was amazing
I loved Married In Seattle. I am a huge fan of Debbie Macomber and this book is a compilation of two of her older books; First Comes Marriage and Wanted: Perfect Partner. Both of these stories are classic romance stories. They are well written and appropriate for all ages. They were both tastefully done. It seems odd that we talk about sexual content now but from all the reviews I look at it seems to be necessary. This one is romance and not sex.
Jean Marie
Mar 17, 2015 Jean Marie rated it liked it
Everything turns out all right in the end in Debbie Macomber's universe, but it's a mighty irritating journey there. These are two romantic comedies of arranged marriages, either by a grandfather or by children/younger siblings. In the grandfather story, the couple irritatingly bickers throughout most of the story (eesh). In the second with the children/younger sibling, the two just act like fools.
Lindsay
Apr 12, 2010 Lindsay rated it liked it
I like Debbie Macomber, and my mom knows this, so when she was at Costco one day, she saw this book and bought it for me. I asked her if maybe she was hinting at something. Me getting married maybe? Gotta have a boyfriend first Ma.

This book has two stories. Both about 2 women in Seattle and how they find love.

Story 1: First Comes Marriage. In this one, a woman's grandfather tells her that he wants her to marry his co-worker despite the fact that the two dislike each other. Being the predictable
Laura Beasley
Mar 23, 2014 Laura Beasley rated it it was ok
This book had 2 stories tin it. Both stories were more fluff than story. In the first one a grandfather decides his granddaughter need s to marry and he selects a man he is in business with. In the second story a daughter and a sister conspire to set there mother and brother up. Both matches end in a love connection but not a lot to the plot. Sweet little stories. Quick read.
Melissa
Dec 18, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
Married in Seattle has two stories in it. First Comes Marriage is about Janine and Zach. Janines Grandfather tries to arrange a marriage for them when they have only met once. When they both refuse he sets about trying to get them to fall in love with each other. Very predictable but amusing It would have been better if you could have gotten Zachs side also instead of just Janines. This story rates as just a 3.0 stars in my opinion. It was good enough for a reread but nothing to write home about ...more
Jackie Wolfred
Nov 15, 2014 Jackie Wolfred rated it really liked it
"Married in Seattle", a two-for-one special with two separate stories: "First Comes Marriage" and "Wanted: Perfect Partner", written by Debbie Macomber, are delightful, easy-to-read stories of marriage. I love Debbie Macomber books, as they are so light and airy and a quick-read with good substance. Definitely for women.
Patsy
Jul 03, 2014 Patsy rated it did not like it
Only gave it one star because I really did not finish the book. After coming across a curse word I stopped reading. I'm sure she has some really great books, however this gave me the wrong impression of her works. I don't know why authors have to use ugly words to get a point across.
C.
Two novellas in one book. I enjoyed both stories, but liked First comes marriage, slightly better than Wanted:Perfect Partner.

Well developed characters in both.Also both were fun reads, and I always enjoy it when there is some humor/verbal bantering in my romance reads.
Susan W
Jan 18, 2014 Susan W rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-read
This book took me a few hours at best. I hesitate over short stories as I feel they are too rushed to be decent. This book felt rushed. Gramps plays match maker and wants business man and grand-daughter to get married, falling in love can come later. There was so much of their resistance and how fast they fell in live that bothered me. It was a very fast read and was ok at best but I am relectant to finish the book with story number two.
Sherry
Mar 10, 2015 Sherry rated it it was ok
Definately not one of Debbie's best. I was quite irked at all the games these couples played... Was quite irritating. From now on I think I will read her more recent works. Even though I didn't like these stories, Debbie is still one of my favorite authors!
Maura
Oct 13, 2014 Maura rated it it was ok
I think I picked this up because of the 2nd novel in the book - I honestly don't even remember what the first one was about and don't care. If I recall correctly, the second story is similar to or the basis of a movie with Hilary Duff...and I think I was after that story because I liked the concept of that movie but not the execution. Well, this story wasn't all that great either so I can't blame that. Debbie Macomber to me is the reading equivalent of easy listening music - she's soft, not too ...more
Lynne Radcliffe
Mar 01, 2014 Lynne Radcliffe rated it liked it
Quick read with two stories in the one book. Very predictable and a little tedious in getting these women to the alter. Liked the other books I read by Debbie Macomber better than this one. Just an okay book to me.
Tamara
Jun 01, 2014 Tamara rated it really liked it
This was a nice read for a sunny weekend. It is two stories in one novel. I actually enjoyed the second story a little better. I always enjoy reading Debbie Macomber.
Michelle
Aug 13, 2014 Michelle marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Elisamarie
Feb 09, 2015 Elisamarie rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I want more from these characters. You know it's a great book when you want more.
Angela9600
Jan 05, 2015 Angela9600 rated it really liked it
I could tell these were earlier stories for this author- good but not as good as recent tales.
Sarah Eisele
Dec 26, 2014 Sarah Eisele rated it liked it
I had mixed feelings about these two stories. Both good things and iffy things about each of them.
Michele
Jan 06, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read. As with most of the author's books, the endings are predictable & expected. However, the journey to that ending is what makes the book interesting & enjoyable. During that journey, the characters are developed and events (both expected & unexpected) occur that keep you wanting to read more. If you want to read a book where you do not have to worry about being assaulted with profanity or detailed descriptions of events that you do not want to hear about while at ...more
Cindy
Jun 09, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Two cute stories of finding love through matchmakers. An easy read for a summer day.
Lisa
Nov 19, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
2 fun little romances. 2 short stories where people are set up and it works out?
Lynnea
Jan 04, 2015 Lynnea rated it liked it
two stories - both very predictable but fun easy reads
  • Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #3)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • All That You Are
  • Saved from Sin
  • Bachelor's Wife
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Song of the Waves
  • The Earl's Secret (The MacLerie Clan #4)
  • Dark Illusion
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...