Start by marking “Pichi Pichi Pitch 2 Mermaid Melody” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Pichi Pichi Pitch 2 Me...
Pink Hanamori

Pichi Pichi Pitch 2 Mermaid Melody (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch #2)

Lucia is having problems with affairs of the heart. Her handsome classmate Kaito seems attracted to her–and she has certainly fallen for him–but there are many challenges. First, she’s a mermaid princess fighting to protect the seven seas from the corrupting influence of Gackto. Second, Gackto’s hostile minions keep threatening the lives of Kaito and her m
Published 2008 by Paw Prints (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Pichi Pichi Pitch 2 Mermaid Melody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pichi Pichi Pitch 2 Mermaid Melody

Dec 31, 2010 Bianca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series is certainly something, and I can see why it's such a popular kid's anime. I love the art work, and the story is cute and all but eh. Things are happening really quickly and lots of things are too abrupt, and I mean TOO ABRUPT, and all the fight scenes are about a page or two - for manga that's nothing. So the persistent bad guy comes to attack, the mermaid's sing to him, and he's gone because the pitch hurt his ears? And as far as the romance, it's not doing much for me either. Well ...more
Miss Ryoko
Actual rating: 2.5

I'm still completely torn with this series. The obvious Sailor Moon knock-off really ticks me off, but Lucia is started to become such an obnoxious main character. I don't like how the battles just end with the line "How'd you like an encore?" and then you turn the next page and it's suddenly a couple of days later. The girls NEVER seem to talk about the bad guys. All they talk about is the boys they like. I mean, yeah, I get it, they are 13 year old girls, but if they're const
I expect nothing out of Pichi Pichi Pitch but mermaids and cute art, so I continue to enjoy it. Of course, it has occurred to me that I wouldn't like it nearly so much if it didn't have cute mermaid art, but it does.
May 05, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow : ) loved it, so sweet the relationship between Lucia and Kaito, he evens says he'll protect her if she gets scared of lightning, aww : ) and I love the story and the mermaid theme : )
Sep 25, 2014 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read the magna. However i watched the the anime and it was really good.
Leila Anani
2nd volume of the super cute mermaid saga. Volume one contains the first 6 episodes of the anime but this volume does not as you expect continue to run in tandem with the anime - there are some similarities but this seems to be separate - It still suffers from a lightning pace and some scenes being abrupt but otherwise its a fun entertaining read with absolutely super-cute BESM artwork.

The gloss notes at the end are helpful and interesting detailing cultural references.

I have a bit of a soft sp
I didn't think this part of the storyline was as interesting because Lucia, Hanon, and Rina begins to find the other mermaids on their team and it becomes extremely difficult: primarily because the bad guy, Gackto, captured the other mermaids and he even has one working for him. I thought that was the best and the twisted part because they need all seven of the mermaids to stop the destruction in the oceans but one of them are working for the evil. I definitely did not see that coming and it mak ...more
How do I read this
I couldn't read this - I had received it as a RABCK, and tried, but to no avail. I was never able to get into this, I'm afraid - kept turning the pages the wrong way and half the time couldn't figure out which little box to read next - I am so not a comic book person, manga or otherwise.
I've now sent it on to someone else in the hope that they enjoy it more.
May 13, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
the story gets even better! but will kaito figure out luchia is the mermaid he's been dreaming of?
i'm really happy hanamori does not rush their relationship (which can be a downfall for many lovestories), and really lets the unique character dynamics develop. it really has some corky charm that makes this series addictive.
Victoria Newman
Sep 17, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Feb 01, 2015 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume was a lot of fun and had some interesting twists. I also enjoyed watching Lucia and Kaito's relationship evolve, especially in the last chapter of this volume. I am looking forward to the next volume in the series.
Kayla Eklund
Jul 23, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, manga
Underhyped Reads Book #5. I really don't care for this manga. It's stupid, and makes no sense whatsoever. I already ordered the next volume from the library. After that volume, I'll probably drop the series.
Danielle Coleman
Oct 11, 2008 Danielle Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucia and Kaito are the 'IT' couple in this series, and I think it's hilarious how they always manage to argue over the stupidest things.

Maria Jessieca
Maria Jessieca marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Gemma Fujioka
Gemma Fujioka rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Sanette Aldelson
Sanette Aldelson rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Paeple added it
Oct 09, 2016
Tania added it
Oct 04, 2016
Tajana marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Ngoc Nguyen
Ngoc Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Iris added it
Sep 21, 2016
Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Jaz rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Anne rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Cember marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 2
  • Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, Vol. 02 (Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode, #2)
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 05
  • Wedding Peach, Vol. 01
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 2 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #2)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 3 (Magical x Miracle, #3)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 5: The New Kids (Shugo Chara!, #5)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 6

Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch (7 books)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 1 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #1)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 3 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #3)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 4 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #4)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 5 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #5)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 6 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #6)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 7 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #7)