Start by marking “A Game of Thrones: The Book of Ice and Fire RPG rulebook” as Want to Read:
A Game of Thrones: The Book of Ice and Fire RPG rulebook

A Game of Thrones: The Book of Ice and Fire RPG rulebook

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  2,973 ratings  ·  38 reviews
This Tri-Stat System roleplaying game (RPG) rulebook brings the characters and concepts from George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones - the first book in the author's epic A Song of Ice and Fire series - to life for gamers everywhere! Now is your chance to explore the mysteries of the Seven Kingdoms and its noble houses -- Starks, Lannisters, Tullys, and more! This authoriz ...more
Published September 20th 2004 by Guardians of Order

To ask other readers questions about A Game of Thrones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Game of Thrones

The Righteous Mind by Jonathan HaidtPolitics by AristotleThe Killer Angels by Michael ShaaraThe Histories by HerodotusThe Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman
Gryffindor
32nd out of 32 books — 3 voters
The Hedge Knight by George R.R. MartinThe Sworn Sword by George R.R. MartinThe Mystery Knight by George R.R. MartinA Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings,... by George R.R. MartinThe Art of George R.R. Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Want More Game of Thrones?
26th out of 51 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
I can hardly believe it, but I have fallen in love with this series. I do like imagniary worlds and medieval times, but I tend to get attached to characters and stop reading if the author kills them off. I would warn any readers like me, not to get attached to these characters, because most of them don't last long. They are, however, well-drawn characters, with clear individual personalities and their actions run true to character. Nothing seems forced or contrived.

I have read the first book and
Lisa
This book is outstanding! I will forewarn any readers though that there are themes of incest, adultery and explicit sexual encounters. I can skip over those in books and still value the story behind the book. There are fabulous twists and turns. It is difficult to follow at first because there are so many characters to keep track of. It is also difficult to make some connections. There is a website devoted to making these connection, but it can also lead to spoilers. Overall I thought that this ...more
Michel Garcia
Love this series. Can't wait for books 6 & 7. Books 1-3 were the best, with 3 being my favorite. Lots of characters and surprises. It's a fantasy soap opera... But a really good one! I relied on the HBO website to make my way through the characters and land. This story has the best characters: John Snow, Tyrion, and Arya are a few of my favorites! Read the books... The show isn't as good.
Lige Armstrong
Having already watched the first season on HBO made this book less of a page turner than it should be. As a result it took months to finish. I believe I would've liked it better had I read the book before seeing the show.
Russ Smith
Compelling story lines, layered characters, amazing twists, make this an outstanding book. Well witten fantasy adventure for grown ups.
Lena Henderson
Fantastic book series! My life had to stop while I was reading them:)
Farah
amazing read... a must read i should say.. there is alot more than just the story of kings and thrones.. words have deeper meanings than it seem...

i must admit, it was difficult to remember the characters and the linkage cause there are too many characters to remember and understand each ones personality ...

The uniqueness about the book was that it was not just ONE third party perspective.. every chapter was about a different character and how he/she sees things differently..

there were no heroes
Mary
Started this book a while back but didn't finish before it expired. Started to watch the HBO series and decided it was worth waiting for again. I love the who LOR feel to the store and love the fact the dragons will come into play at some point in this series. There are battles to be won, secret lovers, strategic games playing all taking place for the right to sit on the Throne of the 7 realms. Can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.

Eduardo T.
Just brilliant...!
Cory
May 20, 2012 Cory added it
Shelves: abandoned
I don't get it. Why is this so popular? I abandoned it after page 350 because it was starting to feel like homework. Although when I mentioned that to a co-worker they said that THAT was about the point that they started to really get into it. I might revisit it because I just started watching the show. There are WAY too many characters to keep track of and the writing is rather dull.
Glen
Excellent Book! I love the HBO Series but of course books are normally always better. The book actually goes farther then Season 3 of the show did, It only covers about 2/3's of the book. Can't wait for Season 4 to start a lot of stuff happens in last part of the book. Love the Series.
Ryan Desjardins
Best Fantasy novel I'd ever read at the time. Still probably my favourite of the series, as it opened my thirteen year old eyes to what really good speculative fiction actually was.

Unfortunately it also kind of spoiled me. I have prohibitively high standards for fantasy fiction now.
Zoë Di
Well written and overall engaging. For a book of this size, I was expecting a lot more pointless detail, but it well crafted. The political maneuvering was rather slow, and around page 500 my patience wavered, but good. Will read the sequel after I finish a few other books.
Alison
Jul 31, 2012 Alison added it
Shelves: abandoned
I actively disliked this book. Too many POVs. Too many pure evil characters. Not enough complicated characters. Or if there were, we certainly didn't get there fast enough to make sticking with this book worth it.
Michele Arms
Really liked it but it took a long time to get it read. Loved all the characters, the writing and story are just great. I'd like to read the rest of them but I don't know when I can get to them!
Allely
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

--Tyron
Brian J.
Nov 02, 2012 Brian J. marked it as to-read
I'm one of those people who was hooked by the show and then had to go out and read the book. I very much enjoyed it, and I plan to read the next one as soon as possible.
Scott
I'm really hard to get intrigued in a good fantasy novel series, but this one blew me away with the character detail and story development. Absolutely wonderful.
Patricia Klein
Wow. This was a bit of a "hard" read. Very involved story line and tons of characters to keep track of. But it did finally grip me and decided to read on to the next.
Glen
This book, and the entire series, is engaging and well-written. The only downside is that the author leaves a lot of loose ends.
Stephanie Allsop
I wasn't sure I'd like the book but I found it was a very good book! I really enjoyed it and look forward to finishing the series!
Craig Moorhead
Really good involving stuff, mostly, but about 100 pages from the end I said "Okay, I get it." and skimmed the rest.
Abigail Whitney
It was ok but I like the tv production better! Not my usual stance, I know but it read like the script for the show!
Melissa
This series is a MUST read...had me hooked from page one!!! Absolutely loved the characters and the story!
Rose
Nov 06, 2012 Rose added it
Awesome! I've read them all and so bummed they're all done :( BUT went and got the 1st season on DVD :)
Louis Robichaud-cyr
Everything about this book will make you feel sad, and apparently the series has got worse in stock.
Carla
If you love medieval, you will love this series. Very realistic and detailed.
Joan Shilli
Awesome book. First time reading Fantasy and now I am a fan!
Lianne
Nov 04, 2012 Lianne added it
Loved every page. Keeps u in suspense & expec the. Unexpected.
Anita
Reading this one again for Franssen Women Bookclub!!!!
  • A Game Of Thrones preview
  • A Game of Thrones: Comic Book, Issue 2
  • A Clash Of Kings: The Game Of Thrones Rpg Supplement
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set #1 (Wheel of Time, #1-3)
  • BookRags Summary:  A Storm of Swords
  • Game of Thrones
  • Robin Hobb Collection: Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy)
  • The Dark Tower Series Collection: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, The Dark Tower
  • Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
  • The Sword of Truth Boxed Set II: Temple of the Winds; Soul of the Fire; Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #4-6)
  • Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set (Mistborn, #1-3)
  • The Riftwar Saga (The Riftwar Saga, #1-4)
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • The Night Angel Trilogy (Night Angel, #1-3)
  • The Malloreon Boxed Set: Guardians of the West, King of the Murgos, Demon Lord of Karanda, Sorceress of Darshiva, Seeress of Kell (The Malloreon, #1-5)
  • The Great Political Theories, Volume 2
Kina's Blues: The Introduction A Game of Thrones: D20 System Role-Playing Game A Game of Thrones: D20-Based Open Gaming RPG A Game of Thrones: D20-Based Open Gaming RPG (Deluxe Edition)