Start by marking “Mr. Perfect” as Want to Read:
Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  24,818 Ratings  ·  1,165 Reviews
What would make the perfect man?

That's the deliciously racy topic that Jaine Bright and her three girlfriends are pondering one night at their favorite after-hours hot spot: Mr. Perfect. Would he be tall, dark, and handsome? Caring and warmhearted -- or will just muscular do? As their conversation hears up, they concoct a tongue-in-cheek checklist that becomes an overnig

Mass Market Paperback, 405 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
1st out of 1,554 books — 2,053 voters
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
32nd out of 3,244 books — 6,839 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Dear book:

This is my favorite Linda Howard so far <3

I enjoyed every second of it, laughed like crazy at half the book and swooned over Sam the other half of it :D

“Let me go,” she said, more nervous than she cared to reveal.
“No.”
“No!” she repeated. “You can’t say no. It’s against the law to hold me against my will.”
“I’m not holding you against your will; I’m holding you against your car.”

The story

Four friends meet for lunch and make a fun list about what a perfect man should be like.
That, of
Anna ☘ The Bibliomaniacal Abibliophobe ☘
4.5 STARS
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Aug 04, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a romance with elements of both comedy and danger
"If you're looking for Mr. Perfect, you're going to spend your whole life being disappointed, because he doesn't exist."

I generally hate books where any female or group of females start making a mental or physical list of what they want in a man. Lists are absolutely stupid. Love is unpredictable and shouldn't be put in a box. Sure, six-pack abs and a huge salary can be awesome, but the sweet guy with the messy hair and cute dimples might be the right one, even if he doesn't have guns of ste
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

What do you get when four friends get together for their weekly girls night out and have a little too much to drink? Well, in this story, you get a list detailing what these friends think it takes to make the perfect man.

And what do you get when that list becomes an overnight sensation with a nearly cult like following? Well, in this story, you get murder!

I’ve had this book on my shelves for quite awhile and whenever my Goodreads friends would talk about Linda Howard’s books, Mr. Perfect was su
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
Jul 19, 2013 ♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carol Sanchez, Leilani Villanueva
Shelves: for-reread, favorites
5 (Still) Perfect Stars!!

Re-read time June 19 to 21 2013.

Still perfect after all this time. I've reread this book more than I could count and it never fails to make me laugh, cry and swoon. This book is what made me a fan of Linda Howard's writing. This was Linda Howard at her peak writing form; witty, fun, hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Mr. Perfect is a story about four friends and their idea of Mr. Perfect. The fours friends understood, of course, that Mr. Perfect doesn't really ex
MelissaB
This book was very funny and a good romantic suspense. The interaction between Jaine and Sam was hilarious. She is a bit of a spit fire and he has a bit of a temper. I love the part where she sprays him with the hose then he hold her against her car. She tells him he is holding her against her will but he says he isn't, he is holding her against her car. The diagolue was great and the suspense portion was good. This is a great read if you enjoy a laugh, good romance and a bit of suspense!
Mo
Apr 19, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an old book but I see that most of her books have now been released on Kindle - Lucky Me - Not So Lucky my Credit Card!!!! I have read a few of Linda's other books and loved them. This was a great story with a spunky, sassy heroine and a gorgeous hero - wouldn't mind a bit of Sam living next door to me. Sad, funny, mysterious - it had it all - hopefully the kindle edition will bring a new realm of readers to discover Ms Howard.
Wicked Incognito Now
I only read SEVEN PERCENT of this book. So take my review with a grain of salt.

I often search the internet for "best romance novels of all time." There are, surprisingly, a lot of lists dedicated to enumerating the best romance novels ever written. I've found quite a few gems this way. THIS novel made the top ten of most of those lists. I spent most of my life thinking that all romance novels were a waste of my time and intellect, until I rediscovered romance about four years ago. I discovered t
Amy (Foxy)
Good to look at
Great in bed
10" requirement
Last in bed at least 30 minutes

Four co-workers go out for drinks after work and after a few drinks they've comprised a list of requirements for their Mr. Perfect. The list somehow makes their work newspaper and begins to cause all kinds of chaos for these four women. It was all fun and games until one of them turns up murdered.

I've read four books by Linda Howard.
Mo
Sep 30, 2015 Mo rated it it was amazing

4.5 - a re-read - not as good the second time around. I sort of knew the "wow" factor so that took away from it. I think I might have already reviewed another version so apologies if there are two reviews on here. Well, I did read it twice so maybe that's OK.

I love both main characters. Knew what they wanted ... each other! Sam sure is sexy.

Jaine is a great heroine. Has a temper, has a backbone, has a sense of humour.

“If you're looking for Mr. Perfect, you‟re going to spend your whole life bei
Karen
Sep 28, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Well, that's three for three for Linda Howard! Another winner. I read a few reviews before I started this one, so my expectations were high. And I wasn't the least bit disappointed!

A few people had a hard time with the insta-love between Jaine and Sam, but for some reason it didn't bother me a bit. In fact I felt it added to Sam's incredible charm and cocky appeal. He knew what he wanted, and he didn't waste any time playing games. What's not to love about that?

I have to admit, I have a
Vishous
This book was perfect! Perfect amount of everything!

I have a soft spot for neighbors that want to strangle each other and then can't keep their hands off each other. It's basically a win win situation for me when choosing a book. And this one didn't disappoint at all!

It was funny, easy to read, hot and had a psycho to catch.

I have nothing bad to say, everything was amazing but there was one Itsy Bitsy thing that had me eye rolling!

(view spoiler)
Didi
Feb 17, 2014 Didi rated it really liked it
~~~~ 4 STARS OR 7.5-8/10 ~~~~

Despite being released years ago, the books I've read by Linda Howard are so evocative and sexy that some newer books honestly can't compete. This is the third book by LH I've read so far but after the first, she became one of my favourite authors. Romantic suspense when written well is fantastic.
I loved the suspense here, it had me stumped till past half way through when I realized I was making a grave error in my assumptions.

The disturbing nature of the crimes co
Glass
This is me at the beginning, the middle and the end of this amazing book:

description

I laughed. I swooned. I laughed some more. My ovaries overheated because of Sam. I laughed - again. I was shocked.
I loved every word of Mr. Perfect.

Read this!

Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

I love the line, "The wheel's still going around, but her hamster's dead".

I love this verbal sparring scene between the H/H, (page 18):

"I haven't had any sleep, any breakfast, or any coffee. I'd better leave before I hurt you." He nodded. "That's a good idea. I'd hate to have to arrest you." She stared at him, taken aback. "What?" "I'm a cop," he said, then turned and walked back into his house. Jaine stared after him, shocked. A cop? "Well, fuck," she said.
Sofs
Aug 06, 2016 Sofs rated it it was amazing
I cannot praise this book enough: brilliant, fantastic, amazing, awesome - yes, I do realize these are all synonyms.
This is the best book I've read by Linda Howard, so far that is. I wish to recommend it to all my friends.

Mr.Perfect not only assures you to have a great time, but you can also be sure that once you reading this book, the pages will turn like there is no tomorrow. This is hilarious, it completely took me by surprise, as I was not expecting to laugh as much. The mystery and thrille
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

* Audio book review: June 2015

5 Perfect Stars!!!

4 Friends make a list....and their lives will never be the same.

photo PicsArt_1433554977689_zpsbjan1nin.jpg

I LOVED this book!! One of my favorites by Linda Howard!!!

Jaine, Luna, Marci, and TJ are co-workers and best friends who meet one Friday after work at their normal meeting place for dinner, their conversation turns into what would make the perfect man. Soon they have their criteria for their "Mr. Perfect".

The List
*Sense of Humor
*Financi
Tammy
Apr 21, 2008 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Remember the discussion thread on Amazon several months ago where the boardies discussed their favorite lines in a book? Now I finally understand the popular line ... "I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car."

This book was full of verbal sparring between Jaine Bright and her neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, that was downright hilarious at times. Jaine first meets Sam when she accidentally backs over his metal garbage can with her new Viper. Tempers flare as these
Oana
DNF

Ladies and gentlemen, after only 30% into this book, I am pleased to introduce you these refreshingly original characters: Lady no. 1 - slightly older, with a beautiful career and a sexy useless toy boy lover at home; Lady no.2 - believes in true love and therefore gets attached to all the assholes out there; Lady no.3 - semi-happily married; and Lady no.4, our heroine - single, disappointed by men but still looking for Mr. Big Mr. Perfect.

description

One Friday evening, after work, these four ladies go
Saly
Perfection is the name of this book! I was up till 5:30 in the morning finishing this and when I got to the end I wanted more, more Jaine and Sam. I loved the romance and wanted so much more. Jaine was a firecracker and I loved her. She was soo kick-ass and knew cars and didn't mind speaking her mind and throwing herself in the fray.

She just bought a house, her siblings are miffed with her since her vacation parents left their cat and her dad's prized car in her possession. She also thinks her n
Joanita
“Tell me something,” he said conversationally, strolling beside her as she stalked, as best as she was able, to her car. “Is there ever a day when you don’t pick a fight?”
“The days when I don’t see you,” she shot back.

I have read many books, and this book is still the book with the best bantering between the hero and the heroine. I LOVE this book, have re-read it many times, and it’s still one of my favorite books of all time.

It was a good thing she was off men, or she really might have ch
Ingela
Written August 31, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - Good lasting quality romance. A book in my style: witty, thrilling, romantic and well done.

At last was it time for an 14 years old Linda Howard novel. Most romance readers has probably read a few or more of her romances. —I counted to over 60 books, yes sixty!!!

I read one of LH's most loved, Cry No More some years ago. My first and only. (view spoiler)
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
Kept comparing this read to Property Of by C.P. Smith..Both these books are too damn alike NOT to :/
Ended up rating this a one since I loved the latter better both chracters & dialogue wise.

♥Sharon♥
Feb 16, 2016 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
Another winner. Review to come.

Naksed
I had the same issue with Linda Howard's Mr. Perfect as I did with her Mackenzie's Mountain. I loved the protagonists but I hated the story. Very tough to rate this one.

The banter between the two was some of the best I read from LH. Jaine is a quirky, feisty, thoroughly modern and very likable woman. When she starts sparring with her grumpy but oh so sexy next door neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, I felt like I could get a tub of popcorn and just sit there watching them exchange insults, flirtat
Jen
Nov 12, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
11/12/13 Re-read

Damn, I love this book! This encore reading was way overdue :))
Jonetta
May 27, 2012 Jonetta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaine Bright and her three co-workers and best friends are out one night having drinks and the subject turns to men. On a lark, they create a list of all the characteristics of the perfect man. What started out as a joke soon ballooned to local and then national notoriety as the list goes viral. And that's not the worst of it. While a lot of men have their noses out of joint about the list, one person is murderously angry because of it and wants to teach the women a lesson.

This story was altern
maggieandteddy
Dec 26, 2015 maggieandteddy rated it really liked it
I've been dying to read Mr Perfect for a long time.
I loved the characters from the first chapter. The 3rd person POV was perfect in this case. Like a fly on the wall. This book was written in 2000, which is only 15 years ago. The humor, and the situations are still relevant- for the most part. Some expressions seemed dated and the technology as well: pagers, limited use of cell phones, caller ID devices, etc.
Jaine had just moved into her house a couple of weeks prior. Sam lived next door. Jain
Myrto
Jun 15, 2013 Myrto rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a read! "Mr. Perfect" was a hilarious and at times super creepy novel with kick-ass characters.

It starts with four friends having an after-work dinner and coming up with a list about what makes their own Mr. Perfect. In a few days, everyone at work knows about the list and you can guess what happens; women wholeheartedly agree and men just sulk. But, when one of the four friends is brutally murdered because of the list the rest of the group understands that what began as a joke (and def
Lady Heather
Oct 08, 2012 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance, suspense-thriller lovers
Recommended to Lady Heather by: Dorsey
LOVED. LOVED. LOVED! This story!

Sam & Jaine are AMAZING together!

Luna, T.J., Marci, and Jaine the bestest-besties ever!

Loved their relationship, and their List...but, my heart was breaking by the end of the story.

The story, characters, writing...BEAUTIFULLY DONE!
Favorite Linda Howard book 9 44 Nov 19, 2015 02:16PM
Linda Howard Book...: March 2015 Book of the Month-Mr Perfect 29 19 Mar 20, 2015 09:59PM
USA Geography Cha...: Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard 1 2 Dec 29, 2014 01:34AM
Let's Talk Love S...: Mr. Perfect - August BOTM 12 36 Aug 22, 2014 09:48AM
True Love 101: Linda Howard Books 233 83 Dec 01, 2013 04:47AM
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • Exposure
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...

“She should have remembered her past experiences in the relationship wars and not let herself get so excited. Evidently her hormones had overruled her common sense and she had become drunk on ovarian wine, the most potent, sanity- destroying substance in the universe.” 131 likes
“I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car.” 113 likes