Start by marking “Pippi On The Run” as Want to Read:
Pippi On The Run

Pippi On The Run (Pippi Långstrump)

When her friends Tommy and Annika decide to run away from home, Pippi Longstocking goes along to keep an eye on them.
Published (first published January 1st 1971)

Doglover
Sep 23, 2008 Doglover rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Doglover by: Mom
My Mom loves Pippi and she knew I would too!
it's very funny.
Valerie
I remember the Pippi books as better than this. And I don't think it's a matter of bad translation, either. This volume is written as if it were meant to be told aloud. Then the repetitions, which jar in the print version, would be less glaring.

Pippi is not exactly irresponsible. She's just very strong and almost invulnerable, which makes her a little careless. Which makes her an undependable guardian for her normal friends. But she does all right, mostly.

It's not clear why Annika decides to ru
Rebecca
Aug 20, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
Pippi teaches her friends, Annika and Tommy, a lesson about running away from home.

I read this short chapter book to my sons, ages 11 and 8, in just two nights. They were somewhat intrigued by the character of Pippi Longstocking as they tried to make sense of her nonsensical ways. This story was about running away and why it's better to stay at home with your mom and dad.

At the end of the book, I asked them what they thought of Pippi and my 11 year old replied, "She's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!" Ha
Jessi G
Oct 27, 2012 Jessi G rated it it was amazing
I chose Astrid Lingred's "Pippi Longstocking" for my second easy to read classic in children's literature. This book captures the innocence and adventure of childhood through Pippi's carefree wanderings and love of life. I absolutely loved this book; however, it is very unrealistic. It focuses on adventure. When potentially dangerous things happen, such as running away, traveling down a waterfall in a barrel, staying overnight with a stranger who is homeless, or staying in a farmer's loft, nothi ...more
Ramona
Pippi Longstocking" is an easy read children's literature. The story captures the simplicity and adventure of childhood through Pippi's carefree wanderings and love of life. Pippi go along with her friends who run away. They are not thinking about the consequences and dangers. It is very unrealistic although it focuses on adventure and imagination. It is a classic children's book that can be used in grades 3 to 5.
C
Oct 14, 2008 C rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
I didn't know this Pippi book existed, just happened upon it recently in Half-Price books. Excellent, as always. Not quite as good as the original Pippi, but maybe because it wasn't as long. I love Pippi.
Kirsten Swanson
Feb 03, 2014 Kirsten Swanson rated it liked it
Shelves: becauseihavekids
Merely because children cannot get enough of Pippi, this is a good book to continue the series. However, to me it felt almost as if it were written by someone else. Tommy and Annika had become different people than I remember from the first books, startlingly so.
Nina
Sep 01, 2013 Nina added it
This book was so unlike the other three Pippi books that I wonder if Astrid Lindgren even wrote it. It read like a "I Can Read" early readers chapter books of the classics. But Pippi's antics were just as fun in this book.
Melanie
Apr 10, 2011 Melanie rated it liked it
Not my favorite in the Pippi Longstocking series. Written on a more beginner level, this book is set up more like an easy-read chapter book. But fun to hear a tale about Tommy and Annika running away, and Pippi coming along to make sure they are well taken care of.
Julie
May 23, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
My students were very surprised by the differences in the book and the movie. We enjoyed the movie much more than the book.
Serena
Nov 03, 2015 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
My Rating System:
Neil Rown
Neil Rown rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Agata Szołtysek
Agata Szołtysek rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Ekin
Ekin rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Linnea
Linnea rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Catherine Macdonald
Catherine Macdonald rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2012
Electric Cowboy
Electric Cowboy rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Nenko
Nenko rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2013
Yenny
Yenny rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2009
Marie Abadikhah
Marie Abadikhah rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Mose Cook
Mose Cook rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Ida Marie Heggem
Ida Marie Heggem rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2011
Linn
Linn rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Jayne Roozeboom
Jayne Roozeboom rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Muffin Dragon
  • Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest
  • Mr. Gumpy's Motor Car
  • Gwinna
  • Once there was a bull...frog
  • A Beatrix Potter Treasury
  • Richard Scarry's Bedtime Stories
  • She's Wearing a Dead Bird on Her Head!
  • Miss Pickerell Goes to Mars
  • Littles And Their Amazing New Friend
  • The Ghost Ship Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #39)
  • My Parents Think I'm Sleeping
  • The Storyteller's Beads
  • Ten Little Fingers
  • LaRue for Mayor: Letters from the Campaign
  • It's Mine!
  • The Witch's Brat
  • Curious George Goes to School
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.

Awards:
Hans Christian Andersen Award
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Pippi Långstrump (3 books)
  • Pippi Longstocking