Start by marking “Pippi On The Run” as Want to Read:
Pippi On The Run

Pippi On The Run (Pippi Långstrump)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When her friends Tommy and Annika decide to run away from home, Pippi Longstocking goes along to keep an eye on them.
Published (first published January 1st 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Pippi On The Run, please sign up.

After Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Avonlea by L.M. MontgomeryPippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenAnne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
Red Head Heroines
69th out of 98 books — 47 voters
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisToys Go Out by Emily JenkinsJenny and the Cat Club by Esther AverillThe Comic Book Kid by Adam Osterweil
Age 4-7 Accelerated Reader
24th out of 98 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Sep 23, 2008 Doglover rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Doglover by: Mom
My Mom loves Pippi and she knew I would too!
it's very funny.
I remember the Pippi books as better than this. And I don't think it's a matter of bad translation, either. This volume is written as if it were meant to be told aloud. Then the repetitions, which jar in the print version, would be less glaring.

Pippi is not exactly irresponsible. She's just very strong and almost invulnerable, which makes her a little careless. Which makes her an undependable guardian for her normal friends. But she does all right, mostly.

It's not clear why Annika decides to ru
Kirsten Swanson
Merely because children cannot get enough of Pippi, this is a good book to continue the series. However, to me it felt almost as if it were written by someone else. Tommy and Annika had become different people than I remember from the first books, startlingly so.
Jessi G
I chose Astrid Lingred's "Pippi Longstocking" for my second easy to read classic in children's literature. This book captures the innocence and adventure of childhood through Pippi's carefree wanderings and love of life. I absolutely loved this book; however, it is very unrealistic. It focuses on adventure. When potentially dangerous things happen, such as running away, traveling down a waterfall in a barrel, staying overnight with a stranger who is homeless, or staying in a farmer's loft, nothi ...more
Pippi teaches her friends, Annika and Tommy, a lesson about running away from home.

I read this short chapter book to my sons, ages 11 and 8, in just two nights. They were somewhat intrigued by the character of Pippi Longstocking as they tried to make sense of her nonsensical ways. This story was about running away and why it's better to stay at home with your mom and dad.

At the end of the book, I asked them what they thought of Pippi and my 11 year old replied, "She's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!" Ha
This is my favourite childhood book!
Not my favorite in the Pippi Longstocking series. Written on a more beginner level, this book is set up more like an easy-read chapter book. But fun to hear a tale about Tommy and Annika running away, and Pippi coming along to make sure they are well taken care of.
Sep 01, 2013 Nina added it
This book was so unlike the other three Pippi books that I wonder if Astrid Lindgren even wrote it. It read like a "I Can Read" early readers chapter books of the classics. But Pippi's antics were just as fun in this book.
I didn't know this Pippi book existed, just happened upon it recently in Half-Price books. Excellent, as always. Not quite as good as the original Pippi, but maybe because it wasn't as long. I love Pippi.
My Rating System:
My students were very surprised by the differences in the book and the movie. We enjoyed the movie much more than the book.
My least favorite Pippi book. Gotta have more respect for adults, sorry Pip!
Fun easy read to share together with kids.
Partridge Public
Oct 02, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: JF Lin
Shelves: juniorfiction
Lindgren, Astrid PB
Bmbednar marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Becca Carpenter
Becca Carpenter marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Zeynep added it
Sep 20, 2015
Cw marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Emily Black
Emily Black marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Little Stana
Little Stana marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Kasen F
Kasen F marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
  • Muffin Dragon
  • Pettersson zeltet
  • Mr. Gumpy's Motor Car
  • The Soccer Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #60)
  • Gwinna
  • Horrible Harry Moves up to the Third Grade
  • She's Wearing a Dead Bird on Her Head!
  • Miss Pickerell Goes to Mars
  • It's Mine!
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • You Forgot Your Skirt, Amelia Bloomer
  • Trouble River
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Pippi Långstrump (6 books)
  • Pippi Longstocking
  • Pippi Goes on Board
  • Pippi in the South Seas
  • Pippi's After-Christmas Party
  • Pippi Longstocking in the Park
Pippi Longstocking The Brothers Lionheart Ronia, the Robber's Daughter Pippi in the South Seas Karlsson on the Roof