Start by marking “Your Sacred Self: Making the Decision to Be Free” as Want to Read:
Your Sacred Self: Making the Decision to Be Free

Your Sacred Self: Making the Decision to Be Free

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  618 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Bestselling author Wayne W. Dyer
reveals a three-step plan for finding joy
and taking strength from ourselves.

In this liberating and enriching book, Wayne W. Dyer teaches us:

To tap into the power of our higher selves
To live each day, regardless of what we do, with a greater sense of peace and fulfillment
To develop a sense of satisfaction with ourselves and others
To move from
Published June 5th 2001 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1380)

To ask other readers questions about Your Sacred Self, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Sacred Self

Brittany Love
This is one of those books that you can pick up, flip to a random page, and immediately gain something personally from it. Although everything wasn't appealing, the parts that were worked wonders. This book really helped me in my college years when my mind would be racing about what major I was going to choose, who/how I wanted to be, or what I was going to do after I even graduated college! I would be racing about decisions that didn't even have to be made for 4 more years! The book really give ...more
Basically, 1) the nagging voice in our heads is Ego, which likes to keep us generally poisoned with bad emotions: fear of failing, judging others to make ourselves feel bigger, competing for fancy things to prove our worth, and feeling ugly/fat/stupid so we stay locked in our ego-prison. The premise of the book is that 2) we are all made of the same energy particles and are therefore, divine. Like in yoga, "namaste" means "the divine in me salutes the divine in you" or the like. So this metaphys ...more
Christine
The first two parts of the book (up to 'The Four Keys of Awareness') were great. Then it got into Transcending our Ego Identities which became a lot of Ego vs Our Higher self and the war with our Ego. It made me question 'so why do we even have an Ego in the first place' (which I answered for myself. While I believe we need one, I agree we should put it aside to live with our higher self).

Pros: I did earmark a lot of pages in the first 2 parts. And the examples of how we can rise to our higher s
Anne G
I saw Wayne Dyer on an infomercial once and was pretty impressed with some of the things he was saying. Hence, I bought this book. I learned a great deal from it and looked at particular things in different ways than I had in the past. Parts of the book seemed boring to me but for the most part I enjoyed it.
Danial
I was mesmerized by the beauty and wisdom in this book.Wayne Dyer takes us on a journey where the spirit triumph over ego. This book will serve as an extremely valuable guide to all those who seek the exultation of the spiritual experience and who value total freedom as the ultimate goal of life.
Cameron Sullivan
Eye opening book for spiritual Guidance.
Unity Good Bookstore
$13.00
1 copy
Lynne Tull
From my journal dated December 21, 1996:

"The Four Keys to Higher Awareness"
1. Banish the doubt-I rid myself of my doubts by remembering there is a valid reason for everything that happens.
2. Cultivate the "Witness"-I realize that I am free to let go and observe my life. "I was thinking to myself...that phrase implies there are two people rather than one. One person is the "I" doing the thinking. The other person is the "self" receiving the thinker's thoughts. The "I" is talking to the "Self". Wh
by Ax
Indecisione

Non mi ha particolarmente colpito, ma lo rileggerò, perché Dyer riesce sempre a sorprendermi.
Mckinley
Spiritual smorgasbord approach to spiritual teachings. Short with suggestions on how to integrate ideas he provides into one's life.
Alisa
Oy...I should write a review. I could not stay awake. For the parts that I was able to stay awake for, there was some stuff that I thought "No DUH!", and others that I thought "Wow....that is cool". Maybe when I finish reading all of it, my rating will change and my review will be worth something more than what I just wrote. The good news is, Wayne no longer has that awful mustache.
Aiyaruk
Nov 05, 2007 Aiyaruk rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: read-nonfiction
Dr. Wayne Dyer has a LOT of books, so I'm always getting asked which ones I recommend. A lot of them do tend to repeat themselves, so I'm pleased to recommend this one at the top of my list. This is, I think, the one that has the most guts to it. It's authentic and real, and will definitely help make you a better person.
Rachel
THis was a slow book to read cause there was so much to think about and relate back to myself. So far all of his books have been very worthwhile to read.

I love his referrals to other books/writers.

Great book - helpful in living a very calm authentic life
Nora
Amazing book by all means .... It discuss man's struggle between ego & higher self throughout his life ...also it deals with the development of human spirit & it's journey searching for peace,happiness ,satisfaction & a real meaning, in a very objective way .
Amy
I like watching Mr. Dyer on PBS. I have a hard time reading his books. I like them, I just can't read very much at a time. I have to let them soak in.
Chitra Divakaruni
Excellent and clear, this book in Wayne Dyer's simple, conversational intimate style is filled with meaningful examples and transformative exercises.
Dwayne
it helps a lot on me...taming the ego...the importance of silence in one's life.
it changed me a lot on how i view life on different perspective.love it!!!!
Abdul Latheef
This is a great book, not easy to get these information that easy, normally you go to a guru and spend year to listen to these information.
Nicole
I started reading this a few years back and finally picked it back up again. It's actually making sense this time.
I've read a lot of self-help books in the past 3 years and this one really changed my everyday thoughts.
April
Dr. Dyer writes as though he is speaking directly to the readers. He is a fount of knowledge.
Kathy Jackson
Can't seem to get into this book so am giving it a break - it is due back to the library soon.
Omer Tariq
One of my all time favorite spiritual books. I read it often when I am facing issues in life.
Sandi
He is one of my favorite authors in the self-help field. He's a great source of inspiration.
Hector Zorrilla
An excellent book. I highly recommended it..

Un libro excelente. Lo recomiendo..
Shanna Covey
I love Wayne Dyer's body of work...this one is no exception!
Chris
Wayne Dyer is a great voice for spiritual guidance
Manda
Great book. challenges your thinking. easy read
Jose
To me, there was too religious statements...
Adam Kowynia
A book which gives you peace of mind.
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Discover the Power Within You
  • Elements of Witchcraft: Natural Magick for Teens
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • The Path to Love: Spiritual Strategies for Healing
  • The Science of Mind
  • Life Lessons: Two Experts on Death and Dying Teach Us About the Mysteries of Life and Living
  • Lessons in Truth
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • The Power Is Within You
  • The Secret of Letting Go
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing after the Sudden Death of a Loved-One
  • Nature-Speak: Signs, Omens and Messages in Nature
  • The Secret of the Shadow: The Power of Owning Your Story
Wayne Walter Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao Your Erroneous Zones Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling

“The antidote to fear is faith.” 4 likes