Start by marking “Kill Me Again” as Want to Read:
Kill Me Again

Kill Me Again (Fey Croaker Novels - Book #1)

Los Angeles homicide detective Fey Croaker must solve the recent murder of a pretty, forty-something woman whose fingerprints surprisingly identify her as a previous murder victim from eighteen years earlier.

At 43, Fey Croaker has survived three dead-end marriages, a severely abusive upbringing, and the relentless resentment of her male colleagues on the force. Now, becaus
Audio Cassette
Published December 1st 1996 by Books in Motion

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me Again

David
May 13, 2009 David rated it liked it
Okay.. somehow I clicked on the audio Cassette for this book but I really read the paperback.

Kill Me Again is a competently written police procedural. It ought to be since Paul Bishop is a 17 year veteran of the LAPD.

The heroine is Fey Croaker, nicknamed the Frog Lady. This time around she is fighting politicians, bureacracy, internal affairs, and a man on parole for killing his wife. The parolee has been released after serving ten years for killing his wife-- but lo and behold, she just got k
Mark
Feb 17, 2015 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took one star away due to the poor editing. I don't know how many times the word "die" was used instead of "the" a long with other wrong words used hit & miss.
Otherwise it was an awesome mystery with a surprising ending who the bad guys were.

Will read the rest of the series with hopes that they are proof read better
Kristie
Sep 23, 2016 Kristie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! A gripping novel from start to finish. It was almost impossible to put down. Like all of the other Paul Bishop books I've read I ended up finishing it in the wee hours of the morning. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Fey Croaker series.
Lynn Drumm
Good detective/murder story.

Convoluted but fun.

Interesting but improbable plot. Characters fairly well drawn. would like to have seen the protagonist drop some of bravado and show a softer side once in awhile. A quick, enjoyable read overall.

Walter Cascade
Jan 22, 2014 Walter Cascade rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Bishop has nailed that "cop voice" and this one was one very strong read from beginning to end. Bishop was an LAPD cop who knows the in's and out's of the city, and it comes through in this well-written novel. I would recommend this book as well as anything else he has written (even if I haven't read it yet).
Lynda Kelly
Jul 19, 2012 Lynda Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
Had to give up and delete due to the amount of errors !!! Things like mere instead of there and die instead of the !! Pretty unforgiveable. I stuck with it but then all of a sudden there were hyphens added for no reason whatsoever such as be-hind or po-lice !!
A pity as the story itself sounded very interesting. Mind you, the book's synopsis on Amazon said the original murder was 18 years ago but according to what I was reading it was 10 years........
So if you can overlook too many errors go for
Larry
Mar 16, 2014 Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It was a clever story. I thought I knew who the killer was a couple of times while reading. I like how everything was explained at the end. I want to read the other Croaker books in this series.
Black Butterfly
Jan 26, 2014 Black Butterfly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: mysteries
I STRUGGLED READING THIS, IT WAS VERY WORDY & BORING AT SOMETIMES. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS, I JUST DIDN'T LIKE THE MAIN CHARACTER FEY CROAKER. I DIDN'T LIKE ANTHING ABOUT HER PERSONALITY AT ALL, SHE WAS ANNOYING. I FIGUIRED OUT WHO THE KILLER WAS AND THE MURDER WEAPON WHEN THEY WERE INTRODUCED ONTO THE STORY. (yay me!) I WASN'T IMPRESSED. ;<
kimberly attaway
Interesting

this book did keep my turning pages. I lost some sleep, cause it held my interest from the first page.
Robbie
Mar 24, 2015 Robbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Linda, Gayle, Cheryl
I have to say, I really enjoyed this book. This is my third book by Paul Bishop and I think each one is better than the last. The character development was very good; the main characters are likeable, believable and intelligent. Quite a few editing errors, but I rate this one 4.8 stars. I'll be reading more of these.
Douglas Hord
Aug 20, 2012 Douglas Hord rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty terrific story line with a strong principal character. More on Croaker's back story, please - and bring Colby back for more action!
Jack
Dec 26, 2014 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fey is a detective with a troubled past and a body who is a bit of a puzzle. Murder story with lots of twists and odd connections.
kathryn tirak
kathryn tirak marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
KB
KB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Andrea Stetson
Andrea Stetson marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Peg
Peg marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
kim prebeg
kim prebeg rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
LK Taylor
LK Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Gwen Walton
Gwen Walton marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Barbara McShea
Barbara McShea marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Jannie Mosier
Jannie Mosier marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
james f carrell
james f carrell rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Harriette Shackleford
Harriette Shackleford marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
stephen taylor
stephen taylor marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
  • Cold Open (Sam North Mystery #1)
  • CUTTER'S GROVE
  • Sacrifices
  • Undetectable (Great Minds Thriller, #2)
  • Kane
  • Confessions
  • The Gemini Factor
  • Secret of the Scroll (Greg McKenzie Mysteries, #1)
  • Two Kill Again (The Cleary Case Files)
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Absolution (Frank Renzi, #1)
  • Ascension Day Part 1 of 2
  • The Old Man and The King
  • Enormity (Complete Edition)
  • A Purse to Die For
  • Viper Trail (Playing The Game)
  • Murder on Thames (Cherringham, #1)
  • Death in the Headlights
A thirty-five year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department, Paul Bishop’s career has included a three year tour with his department's Anti-Terrorist Division and over twenty-five years’ experience in the investigation of sex crimes. His Special Assaults Units regularly produced the highest number of detective initiated arrests and highest crime clearance rates in the city. Twice honored as De ...more
More about Paul Bishop...

Fey Croaker Novels - Book (5 books)
  • Croaker: Grave Sins (Fey Croaker Novels - Book 2)
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Chalk Whispers: A Fey Croaker LAPD Crime Novel
  • Croaker: Pattern Of Behavior (Fey Croaker Novels - Book 5)