The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II

The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II (X-Files Book of the Unexplained #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  11 reviews
An exploration of unexplained phenomena which have been used as the basis for episodes of the television series, "The X-Files". The mysteries incorporate UFOs, abduction, vampires, voodoo, spontaneous human combustion, genetic mysteries, ghosts, reincarnation and freaks of nature.
Hardcover
Published October 24th 1996 by Simon & Schuster Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The X-Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The X-Files

Andrew
This pretty much follows on the same theme as the first volume - no real surprise there however that is its downfall in that - you can see if this book proved to be popular enough a whole series of them would follow chronicling not only the episodes but also the mysteries and thoughts behind the genesis of each episode. With that in mind the material feels more like an attempt to milk the fame of the series more than discuss the ideas of each storyline. Now it maybe that the style has not change...more
Joanne
I loved reading about all of the true stories that the show was based on. It is eerie to learn just how close to real life the episodes are. I missed vol. 1 so I suggest reading that one first.
Tara Chevrestt
Highly recommended for fans of the show. This is just a great compilation of information about real life people, happenings, and mysteries and how they inspired the show. It covers freaky people, Bermuda triangle, voodoo, witches, and more. I don't know how many times I have related the fascinating facts about witches and the real reason for their broom sticks.. and I got it all from this book.
Kerry
just as good as its predecessor
Angela
Volume II was much better than Volume I -- written by the same person, however somehow the second volume handled the stories much more like I expected them to. The original basis for the stories that I remember...nice.
Manny Perez
My review is the same as the one for volume 1. Great real life situations with a tie-in to the episodes inspired by them. Entertaining and cleverly written. I recommend both volumes for hardcore X-Files fans like me.
David
I love the X-Files, so what can I say? The book addresses several paranormal subjects, oddities, and other not-fully-explained-by -science topics and ties in to the various episodes.
James
Better than volume 1, there seemed to be a bit more content, and the editing was a little tighter. Still lacking some depth, as these 'official' X-Files books tend to.
Wes Young
I'm fascinated by wierd real life things so this is a perfect fit: tv show tie-in with real life examples!
Jessica H
Jessica H marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Nick Westphal
Nick Westphal marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 19, 2014
Carina Rynders
Carina Rynders marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Truth Is Out There: The Official Guide to the X Files, Volume One
  • Ground Zero (X-Files, #3)
  • Goblins (The X-Files)
  • Skin (The X-Files)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 2
  • The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
  • Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: Ghostly Locales from Around the World
  • Unexplained!: Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • Mysteries of the Unexplained
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 1
  • Flushed: How the Plumber Saved Civilization
  • A Tolkien Miscellany
  • The Simpsons Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Continued
  • The Beatles: Unseen Archives
  • Darkness Falls (The X-Files: Middle Grade, #2)
  • A Guide To Tolkien
  • 100 Hair-Raising Little Horror Stories
The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume 1 Dreamworld X-Files Book of the Unexplained: Volumes 1 and 2 Sei Tomar Conta de Mim (Clube das Amigas, #17) The Cambridge Introduction to Virginia Woolf