Start by marking “The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II” as Want to Read:
The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II

The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume II (X-Files Book of the Unexplained #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An exploration of unexplained phenomena which have been used as the basis for episodes of the television series, "The X-Files". The mysteries incorporate UFOs, abduction, vampires, voodoo, spontaneous human combustion, genetic mysteries, ghosts, reincarnation and freaks of nature.
Published October 24th 1996 by Simon & Schuster Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The X-Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The X-Files

Andrew
This pretty much follows on the same theme as the first volume - no real surprise there however that is its downfall in that - you can see if this book proved to be popular enough a whole series of them would follow chronicling not only the episodes but also the mysteries and thoughts behind the genesis of each episode. With that in mind the material feels more like an attempt to milk the fame of the series more than discuss the ideas of each storyline. Now it maybe that the style has not change ...more
Joanne
I loved reading about all of the true stories that the show was based on. It is eerie to learn just how close to real life the episodes are. I missed vol. 1 so I suggest reading that one first.
Tara Chevrestt
Highly recommended for fans of the show. This is just a great compilation of information about real life people, happenings, and mysteries and how they inspired the show. It covers freaky people, Bermuda triangle, voodoo, witches, and more. I don't know how many times I have related the fascinating facts about witches and the real reason for their broom sticks.. and I got it all from this book.
Kerry
just as good as its predecessor
Angela
Volume II was much better than Volume I -- written by the same person, however somehow the second volume handled the stories much more like I expected them to. The original basis for the stories that I remember...nice.
Manny Perez
My review is the same as the one for volume 1. Great real life situations with a tie-in to the episodes inspired by them. Entertaining and cleverly written. I recommend both volumes for hardcore X-Files fans like me.
David
I love the X-Files, so what can I say? The book addresses several paranormal subjects, oddities, and other not-fully-explained-by -science topics and ties in to the various episodes.
James
Better than volume 1, there seemed to be a bit more content, and the editing was a little tighter. Still lacking some depth, as these 'official' X-Files books tend to.
Wes Young
I'm fascinated by wierd real life things so this is a perfect fit: tv show tie-in with real life examples!
Fayd Eaton
Come per il primo volume...solo per i fan di X-Files
Neenee
This book is just not for me.
Sara
Sara added it
Jul 30, 2015
Jason Medina
Jason Medina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Ami
Ami added it
May 29, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
E
E marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
John Thielking
John Thielking marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
  • The Truth Is Out There: The Official Guide to the X Files, Volume One
  • The Unofficial X-Files Companion: An X-Phile's Guide to the Mysteries, Conspiracies, and Really Strange Truths Behind the Show
  • I Want to Believe: The Official Guide to The X-Files Volume III
  • Antibodies
  • Goblins (The X-Files)
  • Skin (The X-Files)
  • The Real Science Behind the X Files: Microbes, Meteorites, and Mutants
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 2
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • Poltergeist! (Fate Presents)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 1
  • East Coast Crisis
  • Unexplained!: Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena
  • Ghosts Caught on Film: Photographs of the Paranormal
  • Transformers: The Ultimate Guide
  • Queer as Folk: The Book
  • Real Hauntings: America's True Ghost Stories
  • A Tolkien Miscellany

X-Files Book of the Unexplained (3 books)
  • The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume 1
  • X-Files Book of the Unexplained: Volumes 1 and 2
The X-Files: Book of the Unexplained, Volume 1 Dreamworld X-Files Book of the Unexplained: Volumes 1 and 2 The Cambridge Introduction to Virginia Woolf Sei Tomar Conta de Mim (Clube das Amigas, #17)