Gardner's Art through the Ages: A Global History, Volume I (with ArtStudy Printed Access Card and Timeline)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  7 reviews
it is ok
Published January 3rd 2008 by Cengage Learning (first published May 22nd 1980)

Foxtower
A later version of my Art History textbook. Thank goodness I don't have to read this one! (I refer to the pictures) While comprehensive in Gardners view of Art history there were no women... what?

Like any interpretation of ART, I think that only the photos tell a kind of truth.
Christin
A textbook I actually read! And was actually readable. It helped that Kleiner was my professor and his humor was evident in the writing, even though he had to leave some of the naughtier bits out.

"Double-barreled super-stud of a centaur."
Foxtower
This is an updated version of the college art history textbook I used back in the seventies... thank goodness I didn't have to read this one! While this and volume two provide ample photos of art work thoughout history, what lacking is that its a history that lacks women artists!
Allison
This was one of the best textbooks I've used. It's easy to read and full of useful information. Perfect for an introduction to Art History.
Merry
Excellent book for class with Dr. Diane Goode - great professor!
Allison
This is my textbook for Art History 101.
Only college textbook I've ever kept.
Stefanie Mcandrew
Stefanie Mcandrew marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Abah Sylvester
Abah Sylvester marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Megan Hamshar
Megan Hamshar marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
N Insley
N Insley marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • World Religions: The Great Faiths Explored & Explained
  • The Invisible Sex: Uncovering the True Roles of Women in Prehistory
  • The 5-Minute Iliad and Other Instant Classics: Great Books For The Short Attention Span
  • World as Lover, World as Self
  • Sister Wendy's Story of Painting (Enhanced and Expanded Edition)
  • The Fossil Hunter: Dinosaurs, Evolution, and the Woman Whose Discoveries Changed the World
  • The Tibetan Book Of The Dead
  • Buddhist Scriptures
  • Writing Women's Worlds: Bedouin Stories
  • My Name is Chellis and I'm in Recovery from Western Civilization
  • Art History, Volume I (w/CD-ROM)
  • The Pancatantra
  • Original Wisdom: Stories of an Ancient Way of Knowing
  • A Short Guide to Writing About Art (The Short Guide Series)
  • Theories of Modern Art: A Source Book by Artists and Critics
  • Gardner's Art Through the Ages
  • Five Women Who Loved Love: Amorous Tales from 17th-Century Japan
  • Mankiller: A Chief and Her People
Art Through the Ages 2 A History of Roman Art Gardner's Art through the Ages: The Western Perspective, Volume II (with ArtStudy CD-ROM 2.1, Western) Gardner's Art through the Ages: The Western Perspective (with ArtStudy CD-ROM 2.1, Western) Gardners Art Through the Ages: Global History