Start by marking “Pecorino's First Concert (Anne Schwartz Books)” as Want to Read:
Pecorino's First Concert (Anne Schwartz Books)

Pecorino's First Concert (Anne Schwartz Books)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Everyone thinks that Pecorino Sasquatch is the silliest boy in the world, and he proves them right when he and his mother go to hear a concert conducted by the great Pimplini.
Published June 21st 2005 by Atheneum/Anne Schwartz Books

To ask other readers questions about Pecorino's First Concert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pecorino's First Concert

Laugh out loud funny! And I'm not really a laugh out loud kind of reader. Pecorino's mom takes him to his first orchestra concert. "Pecorino was so excited he rabbit-hopped around his room. Then he froze statue still. 'What's a concert?' he asked." The book continues on with these kinds of delightful moments that kids and adults will both enjoy, though for different reasons. At the concert hall, Pecorino winds up getting stuck in a tuba, which he's ejected from in a predictable but utterly fun w ...more
Kaylin Godfrey
It was very funny.
Sep 04, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a strange, but humorous tale about a little boy's first trip to a symphony. The narrative includes some wonderfully imaginative words, like furmuzzled, wossle, and wamboodle. And the boy has such a wild name - Pecorino Sasquatch.

The mixed media illustrations are terrific and complement the story nicely. We enjoyed reading this book together.

new word: Brobdingnagian
I don't know what it is about these books that just KILL me!! I think I have a very vivid imagination and I can imagine the voices of the characters...I don't know-but they are funny stories!
Mrs Bond
Young Pecorino Sasquatch attends a concert with his mother. While exploring the instruments he puts himself into a difficult position. A wonderful introduction for students to the orchestra.
Destinee Sutton
Jun 25, 2009 Destinee Sutton rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6-9
Shelves: music, picture-books
I was impressed by the use of the word "Brobdingnagian," but this is really just a story about a boy who gets stuck in a tuba.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Meh. I like the dynamic illustrations and their sketchiness, but I am not a fan of the story itself.
The story was OK, but I really do not like this style of illustration.
Sandra Ramcharan-Downer
Sandra Ramcharan-Downer marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Gabby added it
Jul 05, 2015
Khurshid marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Kalei marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Sima marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Laura5 marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011
Antcomm marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Velma Gratch and the Way Cool Butterfly 100 Days and 99 Nights Pecorino Plays Ball The Littlest Grape Stomper Twas the Night Before Chanukkah

“Dearest dumpling, one day your imagination is going to get you into trouble," whispered his mother.

He would never do that," Pecorino replied. "We're best friends.”