Start by marking “Booker T. Washington (First Biographies)” as Want to Read:
Booker T. Washington (First Biographies)

Booker T. Washington (First Biographies)

True stories of true legends Legendary figures triumph over tough challenges in these brief biographies. Beginning readers learn about favorite heroes and heroines in books they can read for themselves.

Neither slavery nor the coal mines could stop this strong-willed visionary. The founder of the Tuskegee Institute has been a source of inspiration for generations.
Published January 1st 1995 by Steck-Vaughn (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Booker T. Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booker T. Washington

Jul 13, 2013 Colin rated it really liked it
This is a picture book that is a biography for early readers. I like this book for a few reasons. One, it is easy to read. Two, there is a lot of key information in this book about Booker T. the biography includes how he started out as a slave, it reflects when slavery was abolished, information on his family is included it shows Booker T. going to school for this first time then leaving school and going back to school. It shows the successes he had at the Hampton Insitute, a trade school for bl ...more
May 05, 2015 Tori rated it really liked it
I like this because it is a picture book. It is a book that students at the middle of second grade could start to read on their own. This is a book that can be used when in History we are talking about Slavery. This is a book that could be use in Lit. Circles and I could have the theme of the Lit. Circle to be about Slavery or the Civil War. I could also, see using this book for research projects on slavery.
The story of Booker T. Washington should be inspirational, but the overly simplified writing in this book makes it very boring. I was not impressed at all by the vocabulary or choppy sentence structure, especially as this book is suggested for a reading level of 2.5 – 3. Basically, it lacks feeling. However, a male student in my class read and loved this book and was very impressed by Booker’s story! The illustrations are beautiful however, and this book may be a good introduction for some stude ...more
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Ginny Vargas
Ginny Vargas marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Kathy rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Julianne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Krista Tillman
Krista Tillman marked it as to-read
May 15, 2012
Becky rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2011
Joe marked it as to-read
May 18, 2011
Stephy rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2007