Start by marking “Roses Have Thorns” as Want to Read:
Roses Have Thorns

Roses Have Thorns

He was cold-hearted and arrogant...and she loved him to distraction. Sarah had been happy working at the hospital - until Radolf Nauta interfered and left her jobless. Forced to find other means to support herself, she was totally unprepared to meet the domineering Radolf again. He hadn't changed one bit! But Sarah had, and she soon realized that her heart now belonged to ...more
Paperback, The Best of Betty Neels, 219 pages
Published May 1st 2003 by Harlequin (first published August 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Roses Have Thorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roses Have Thorns

Leona
Jul 27, 2013 Leona rated it really liked it
Figlet
Nov 24, 2013 Figlet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: betty-neels
This was the first (and will always be the greatest in my mind) Betty I ever read. I was nineteen years old, I was doing a gap year by working full-time as a receptionist for a small retail store, and I was so lonely that even cockroaches felt sorry for my friendless self.

I was in need of the comfort and fantasy that Betty Neels could provide, and, since Harlequin was sending, at least, one Betty title every three months (it seemed), I soon had many companions. Within the paperback binding of t
Pamela Shropshire
Aug 30, 2016 Pamela Shropshire rated it really liked it
Sarah Fletcher, age 28. Small and thin with pansy eyes. Hair color? Has a cat named Charles at her bed-sit. Mother dead, father remarried then died. Stepmother kicked her out five years previously. Outpatient Receptionist at St. Cyprian's.

Professor Radolf Nauta was previously engaged to a Veronica who instead ran away with a South American millionaire. His mother comes to visit him at his clinic and decides Sarah would do as companion to her MIL, who is terminally ill. Radolf asks her to do so a
Chef Clove
Sep 01, 2012 Chef Clove rated it it was amazing
I love Betty Neels. Her books give details about the settings and the homes but not so much (at all) about the physical side of the love story. Very predictable but very comfortable, too.
Heather
Jul 19, 2011 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novels
One get the impression that the Netherlands is populated by nothing but enormous doctors.
Nancy Crayton
Apr 30, 2015 Nancy Crayton rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this story by Betty Neels very much. Her heroine is self-reliant, looks for solutions rather than indulging in self-pity and maintains her integrity. She doesn't draw attention to herself and yet almost everyone she comes into contact with likes her. Except the hero - at first glance. But he is carrying a huge chip on his shoulder because ten years earlier the girl he thought he loved jilted him.

He was not the worst hero that Betty Neels wrote. He's not deliberately cruel, just
Cary
Oct 28, 2013 Cary rated it it was ok
This was an extremely chaste love story but maybe I am nit-picking here but there was so little romance that it hardly felt like a love story. I get "girl doesn't like boy and then changes her mind" but it was sudden and almost without enough build up to make it believable. I'll try one more by this author and see if it is as unremarkable as this one.
Allison
Jul 28, 2013 Allison rated it liked it
It was a good book until the end where the professor just automatically thinks about rabbit snares when the girl is missing, like that would be the first thing to pop into anyone's mind.
E_bookpushers
One I had not read before. Really liked the new twists that were included.
 ☠☼Serena☼☠
Jan 29, 2008 ☠☼Serena☼☠ rated it did not like it
Shelves: real-life
Horrible.
Paula H. Martin
Paula H. Martin rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Rahul Nerlekar
Rahul Nerlekar marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Ltk
Ltk marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Lala
Lala marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Stacey Brooke
Stacey Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Brandi Hutchison
Brandi Hutchison marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Rachel Christie
Rachel Christie rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Gordon Mitchell
Gordon Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Robert Stoddard
Robert Stoddard marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
mrejane
mrejane rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Vijay
Vijay marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Hopefulpuffin
Hopefulpuffin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Helen Wilson
Helen Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Anon1001
Anon1001 rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
  • The Sister Swap
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • 3, 2, 1... Married!: Catch a Cowboy, Collide with a Single Daddy, Get Personal
  • The Greek Tycoon's Secret Child
  • His Forbidden Bride
  • Their Wedding Day / Hari Perkawinan Mereka
  • His Inherited Bride
  • The Virgin's Seduction
  • Sweet Revenge Or Seduction (Sebening Kristal) (A Treacherous Seduction, Buku 3)
  • Bedded by Blackmail
  • Marriage at a Price
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Cowboy at Midnight (Fortunes of Texas: Reunion #1)
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert ...more
More about Betty Neels...

“Someday, Sarah, someone will come along and give you the moon, and the stars too.” 2 likes