Start by marking “Secret Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Secret Fantasy

Secret Fantasy (Fantasies Inc. #2)

For the rest of her life.
Published December 23rd 2008 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Fantasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Fantasy

Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 07, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
"Secret Fantasy" is a reprint of Carly Phillips 2001 Harlequin Temptation release. I'd forgotten just how much 'hotter' today's Blaze and Temptation releases are in comparison. I would rate this between PG & NC-17. The tension is high throughout, but there's no real consummation until about 3/5ths of the way through the book, lots of heavy petting and a couple of '3rd base' scenes though.

Juliette is a Senator's daughter who has recently been dubbed 'Chicago's Runaway Bride' since she left h
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is a perfect example of why we should be able to rate with half stars. This book is a solid 2.5 stars. It was predictable and uninteresting. But at the same time there wasn't anything wrong with it. A couple of hours happily spent reading a story. I liked it. It is just that it is utterly forgettable.

Senator's daughter jilts her corrupt groom at the altar. Her twin gets her a vacation at a 'fantasy' resort. A discredited newspaper reporter with a history of using women turns out to be her f
Barb
Mar 22, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Juliette Stanton is ten minutes away from vowing to love, honor and cherish a scheming mobster-connected liar. For the rest of her life.
And so with the media watching her every move, the high-profile senator's daughter flees her own wedding. Dubbed "Chicago's Runaway Bride," Juliette needs somewhere to hide out, and heal her broken heart. So she heads to a "fantasy island" and pays big bucks for anonymity and the chance to meet an honest man who'll love her for who she really is. Total fantasy,
Lauren
Feb 02, 2017 Lauren rated it liked it
Another fun-yet-forgettable romance. There were a few too many psychology-driven scenes that didn't feel natural, and a bit too much was made out of each character's head space, but otherwise it was as expected.
Patricia Solla
This is short sweet story about love, respect, family, loyalty and fantasy. The storyline is an easy read and moves along nicely to a satisfactory conclusion.
Heather
Nov 13, 2012 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
Sometimes curling up on the couch with a great fluffy romance is just what a girl needs.

I love reading a novel by Carly Phillips, they always have the best HEA's.

This one is about trust. Juliette may of been in her wedding dress the day of her wedding but when she overhears her bride-groom talking business with the mob guy. She calls off the wedding when it's clear he lied and is just marrying her for her fathers connection.

Doug's name is washed out after he was forced to retract his recent s
Perdani Budiarti
Fantasi seperti apa yang diharapkan seorang wanita yang pernah kabur dari pernikahannya yang belum lama berlalu? Dan apa yang membuat sang pengantin kabur dari pernikahan tersebut? Dua pertanyaan itu membuatku tertarik untuk membaca buku ini.
Baru di awal cerita aku sudah merasa janggal dengan percakapan Juliette dan adiknya yang terasa kurang mengalir. Keberadaan Douglas yang sengaja mendekati Juliette untuk mengorek informasi tentang mantan tunangannya bagiku terasa janggal. Rasa tertarik di an
Mahareni Sukadi
2,5 deh.

Sebenarnya ogah baca Carly Phillips lagi setelah Cross My Heart. Tapi berhubung sinopsisnya bikin penasaran, jadilah akhirnya nyomot buku ini.

Tapi ternyataaaaa...cuma begitu aja. Agak boring coz scene-nya d pulau it saja and menjurus k arah 'itu' terus. Chemistry 2 tokoh utama juga gak ada. Datar deh pokoknya. Jurus skip-nya terpaksa dikeluarin.

Kalo dipikir-pikir, malah bagusan Cross My Heart daripada buku ini.
Carol
Dec 01, 2009 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a reprint of an earlier book by this author, but not as disappointing as that might sound. Although written as a Harlequin Temptation with everything that implies, it wasn't just a bit of sexy fluff. The characters were interesting and the situations unique.
Amanda
Aug 17, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
it was a good book. the reason i gave it 4 stars was cause it seemed rushed to me. first they met then the next day they were like i feel very strongly for you, then the next day they were like i love you. idk. its just seemed unrealistic to me. good plot though. just should have been longer.
Stéphanie
Aug 16, 2012 Stéphanie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2012
Very sappy but fun. I like the premise of the book, but I think there could have been more to the story. It was an ok book to read over the weekend, but not something I would come back for more. I expected more of Carly Phillips since I've enjoyed so many of her other books.
Sari
Mar 25, 2012 Sari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Buku ini tak sebagus cover-nya, terlalu tipis jadi ga bermakna, emosinya ga berasa. Mungkin memang gw-nya yg d ga cocok baca buku yg terlalu klise n ga ada intrik or gregetnya seperti buku ini, serasa sia" belinya, mending baca komik aja d :(
Eli
Jan 20, 2012 Eli rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2012
Quick & mindless...& at the beach—perfect for a cold, gray week-end—& none of the characters irritated me. Not that they weren't cliches, but they fit into a light, fluffy read so no major complaints.
Jan 01, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
This book was alright but really nothing special. The plot was pretty predictable and even still not quite reaching it's full potential. It is a quick read but I won't be rereading this one.
Michelle