Start by marking “Secret Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Secret Fantasy

Secret Fantasy (Fantasies Inc. #2)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  357 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Juliette Stanton is ten minutes away from vowing to love, honor and cherish a scheming mobster-connected liar.For the rest of her life.

Published December 23rd 2008 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Fantasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Fantasy

Julie (jjmachshev)
"Secret Fantasy" is a reprint of Carly Phillips 2001 Harlequin Temptation release. I'd forgotten just how much 'hotter' today's Blaze and Temptation releases are in comparison. I would rate this between PG & NC-17. The tension is high throughout, but there's no real consummation until about 3/5ths of the way through the book, lots of heavy petting and a couple of '3rd base' scenes though.

Juliette is a Senator's daughter who has recently been dubbed 'Chicago's Runaway Bride' since she left h
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is a perfect example of why we should be able to rate with half stars. This book is a solid 2.5 stars. It was predictable and uninteresting. But at the same time there wasn't anything wrong with it. A couple of hours happily spent reading a story. I liked it. It is just that it is utterly forgettable.

Senator's daughter jilts her corrupt groom at the altar. Her twin gets her a vacation at a 'fantasy' resort. A discredited newspaper reporter with a history of using women turns out to be her f
Barb
Juliette Stanton is ten minutes away from vowing to love, honor and cherish a scheming mobster-connected liar. For the rest of her life.
And so with the media watching her every move, the high-profile senator's daughter flees her own wedding. Dubbed "Chicago's Runaway Bride," Juliette needs somewhere to hide out, and heal her broken heart. So she heads to a "fantasy island" and pays big bucks for anonymity and the chance to meet an honest man who'll love her for who she really is. Total fantasy,
Heather
Sometimes curling up on the couch with a great fluffy romance is just what a girl needs.

I love reading a novel by Carly Phillips, they always have the best HEA's.

This one is about trust. Juliette may of been in her wedding dress the day of her wedding but when she overhears her bride-groom talking business with the mob guy. She calls off the wedding when it's clear he lied and is just marrying her for her fathers connection.

Doug's name is washed out after he was forced to retract his recent s
Perdani Budiarti
Fantasi seperti apa yang diharapkan seorang wanita yang pernah kabur dari pernikahannya yang belum lama berlalu? Dan apa yang membuat sang pengantin kabur dari pernikahan tersebut? Dua pertanyaan itu membuatku tertarik untuk membaca buku ini.
Baru di awal cerita aku sudah merasa janggal dengan percakapan Juliette dan adiknya yang terasa kurang mengalir. Keberadaan Douglas yang sengaja mendekati Juliette untuk mengorek informasi tentang mantan tunangannya bagiku terasa janggal. Rasa tertarik di an
Stephanie Green
I thoroughly enjoyed this easy & relaxing reading.
Mahareni Maldini
2,5 deh.

Sebenarnya ogah baca Carly Phillips lagi setelah Cross My Heart. Tapi berhubung sinopsisnya bikin penasaran, jadilah akhirnya nyomot buku ini.

Tapi ternyataaaaa...cuma begitu aja. Agak boring coz scene-nya d pulau it saja and menjurus k arah 'itu' terus. Chemistry 2 tokoh utama juga gak ada. Datar deh pokoknya. Jurus skip-nya terpaksa dikeluarin.

Kalo dipikir-pikir, malah bagusan Cross My Heart daripada buku ini.
Amanda
it was a good book. the reason i gave it 4 stars was cause it seemed rushed to me. first they met then the next day they were like i feel very strongly for you, then the next day they were like i love you. idk. its just seemed unrealistic to me. good plot though. just should have been longer.
Stéphanie
Very sappy but fun. I like the premise of the book, but I think there could have been more to the story. It was an ok book to read over the weekend, but not something I would come back for more. I expected more of Carly Phillips since I've enjoyed so many of her other books.
Carol
This was a reprint of an earlier book by this author, but not as disappointing as that might sound. Although written as a Harlequin Temptation with everything that implies, it wasn't just a bit of sexy fluff. The characters were interesting and the situations unique.
Sari
Buku ini tak sebagus cover-nya, terlalu tipis jadi ga bermakna, emosinya ga berasa. Mungkin memang gw-nya yg d ga cocok baca buku yg terlalu klise n ga ada intrik or gregetnya seperti buku ini, serasa sia" belinya, mending baca komik aja d :(
Eli
Quick & mindless...& at the beach—perfect for a cold, gray week-end—& none of the characters irritated me. Not that they weren't cliches, but they fit into a light, fluffy read so no major complaints.
Andrea
Jan 01, 2011 Andrea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This was a romance novel left over from when I used to read these. It was fun to read and very easy. Nothing to write home about, but if you like romance then Phillips usually is a great bet.
This book was alright but really nothing special. The plot was pretty predictable and even still not quite reaching it's full potential. It is a quick read but I won't be rereading this one.
Shelvy
seperti kebanyakan novel2 harlequin, singkat tidak meninggalkan kesan yg dalam.
dalam sekejap pasti terlupakan..
cocok buat selingan aja ^^