Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?

Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss? (Invincible #10)

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  955 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Up until this point, Invincible has been working for the Global Defense agency. Fighting their fights, defeating their enemies... now something's not right, Invincible can no longer carry out his orders unquestioned. Now he finds himself up against the very organization he been working for! This volume collects "Invincible" issues #48-53.
Published May 1st 2009 by Image Comics (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 10

Watchmen by Alan MooreChew, Vol. 1 by John LaymanRunaways, Vol. 1 by Brian K. VaughanAkira, Vol. 1 by Katsuhiro OtomoHellboy, Vol. 1 by Mike Mignola
Favorite Comics
52nd out of 84 books — 28 voters
Jupiter's Legacy Volume 1 by Mark MillarLow, Vol. 1 by Rick RemenderInvincible, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanInvincible, Vol. 2 by Robert KirkmanInvincible, Vol. 3 by Robert Kirkman
Image Comics Library (TPB only) H-P
38th out of 88 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Michael (Mai)
Dec 11, 2014 Michael (Mai) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
This has to have the best trade of Invincible yet. So much happened. I like how Oliver is intrinsically different from Mark. I'm really interested to see where this will go especially since that last page cameo...

-short review done. Real review to come.
Dave
Sep 08, 2009 Dave rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
If you like superhero comics: read Invincible.
If you're sick of superhero comics: READ INVINCIBLE.

I promise, not a single arc will conclude without you feeling like you got punched in the face.

And you'll like it.

'nuff said.
Nicholas Karpuk
Sep 11, 2009 Nicholas Karpuk rated it it was ok
Super hero universes are stupid.

Crossovers are stupid.

Sorry, nerds, but it's true.

Remember the Flintstones Meets the Jetsons? Yeah, it's always that lame. (I will make exception for "Marvels", "Kingdom Come", and "The Dark Knight Returns," and that's it.)

Here's why:

I read a lot of comics that were written by their creators, or at least by the creator of the series. The best example I can think of is Runaways. Brian K. Vaughan is great at writing his characters and terrible at writing most Marve
Dans Mon arbre
Jan 03, 2016 Dans Mon arbre rated it it was amazing
Invincible is everything that works in a superhero comic, and it somehow manages to be fresh and innovative at the same time. Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead) takes the formula that Stan Lee came up with decades ago for Spider-Man and thrusts it into today, slaps on a fresh coat of science fiction, massive plot twists, and even more massive violence. The violence is definitely something you need to be aware of before you start reading this. Please please please do not pick this book ...more
orangerful
You know a series is good when you think there are more pages in the trade, turn to find out you've just read the last page and actually say "OH NO!!!!" I can't believe that after 50 issues, Invincible is still going strong - action, humor, and heart - everything I like in my superhero dramas.
Thomas Moudry
Mar 01, 2014 Thomas Moudry rated it really liked it
Robert Kirkman's Invincible has long been a favorite series of mine, although I've only read it in trade paperback collections, and Vol. 10: Who's The Boss? more than confirms my continued faith in Kirkman's storytelling and world-building. This collection finds Invincible and Atom Eve's relationship moving forward even as his relationship with Cecil Stedman and the Global Defense Agency deteriorates. Invincible has always seemed to develop organically, and reading each trade paperback collectio ...more
Arminzerella
Michael Church
Aug 14, 2013 Michael Church rated it it was amazing
Shelves: image
Man I think this is my favorite Invincible trade so far. The way it weaves so many things together for such an incredibly epic story is just astounding.

The first arc was one that's been building for awhile. It was my favorite as you saw what Mark really stands for. It gave characters new depth and dimension and motivations.

I found myself feeling very nearly the same emotions as Mark through both arcs. I don't know if that's because Kirkman wrote the situations so well or if it's just a situati
Jeffrey
May 21, 2012 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Invincible struggles with his roles as both hero and mentor when he finds that not everyone shares his idealistic mindset. First, when the heroes of Earth are all captured, Cecil and the Global Defense Agency move in with their secret, not so heroic, options. Later, Mark realizes that Oliver's frame of reference is not his own and his ethics are not the same as his half-brother's.

That's really what it is getting to the roots of though, while there's the basic discussion of what it means to be a
Timothy Boyd
May 10, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
A good comic series. Nice plot and art. The stories are a little more graphic and adult than the ones I started off reading in the 1960s but still not as bad as many of the ones that today's comics have turned into. The stories remind me of reading the good solid fun comic books of the older Marvel and DC era of the 1960's but undated to today's world. Recommended
Alenka
Dec 23, 2015 Alenka rated it really liked it
I'm still annoyed by how under used Eve is (although I'm glad she's out of Africa, Kirkman should NOT be writing about Africa) but I really enjoyed this one! Specifically, Oliver's storyline is really well done. He's a highly intellectual alien! Of course he won't react like a human! I'm really looking forward to more.
Brad
Aug 07, 2009 Brad rated it really liked it
Invincible loses his latest authority figure, and struggles with his role training and parenting his younger, inhuman brother. I'm always hesitant about major plot shifts, but Robert Kirkman has a good track record so far. Invincible's younger brother Oliver is starting to get a bit annoying. The fight scenes in this book get a bit brutal for a mainstream superhero title. Kirkman and Ryan Ottley talk about how they show exit wounds, while Marvel won't. Fortunately Ottley's art isn't too realisti ...more
Lance Howard
Jul 21, 2013 Lance Howard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: want-to-buy
Mark finds out his boss Cecil isn't the benevolent leader he thought he was when he discovers some less than savory characters on the government payroll (ah, so young and naive). Mark goes into superheroing without Cecil's help. Also, Oliver shows a dark side with the Mauler Twins that even makes the Immortal go WTF? And we see that someone is spying on Invincible, but who??

A great volume after an okay last volume, this one ups the ante for Mark when he leaves the comfort of Cecil's aid to maint
Shelly
Jan 17, 2016 Shelly rated it liked it
This is the first time I got frustrated with Invincible. He was very "I'm angry and gonna punch everyone without hearing them out, but get mad when anyone else does the same thing". I really hope this gets adjusted in the following issues.
Stephen Dressler
Jun 24, 2015 Stephen Dressler rated it it was amazing
So good.
Adam
Mar 09, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
This is a fun collection with the introduction of the reanimen in combat, Cecil and Mark's disagreement and Oliver in battle. Kirkmn doesn't shy away from the shock value but, still does excellent character moments. As classic as Batman and Superman and other superheroes are, Mark Grayson, with Kirkman writing him, seems to have the potential to be another Superheros icon.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Invincible #48-53. Invincible fights his boss Cecil and has to deal with his brother's developing powers. The two main story arcs in this book lead to interesting developments for the characters, but sometimes it feels like there is too much going on in the comic book with side stories.
Peter
Jan 04, 2014 Peter rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
invincible is the best current superhero series. all the cliche's are there, and still it feels fresh and entertaining.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 15, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
The Cecil arc that heads off this volume and the Oliver arc that ends it are both enthralling and well told [8 out of 10]. There's some slightly fluffier filler in the middle, but even that is fun [7 out of 10].
Eric
Nov 20, 2009 Eric rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
This is great so far...a lot of shaking things up! What I really like is how Kirkman really explores the characters and allows them to grow.
Ian
Nov 09, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
A load of utterly fabricated tensions. So goddamn forced. At this point, I'm reading this series for the events, not the writing.
Oliver
Nov 25, 2013 Oliver rated it it was amazing
The twists and changes keep on coming
Cristie
Dec 07, 2012 Cristie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
umm <3!
Brandon Kinsey
Brandon Kinsey marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Liz Janet
Liz Janet rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Daohe Liu
Daohe Liu rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
John
John rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • The Sword, Volume 3: Earth
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 7: Ex Cathedra (Ex Machina, #7)
  • Powers, Vol. 7: Forever
  • Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 2: I Kick Your Face
  • The Boys, Volume 6: The Self-Preservation Society
  • Echo: Collider (Echo, #4)
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 3
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters