Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?

Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss? (Invincible #10)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Up until this point, Invincible has been working for the Global Defense agency. Fighting their fights, defeating their enemies... now something's not right, Invincible can no longer carry out his orders unquestioned. Now he finds himself up against the very organization he been working for! This volume collects Invincible issues #48-53.
Published May 1st 2009 by Image Comics (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 10

Dave
If you like superhero comics: read Invincible.
If you're sick of superhero comics: READ INVINCIBLE.

I promise, not a single arc will conclude without you feeling like you got punched in the face.

And you'll like it.

'nuff said.
Nicholas Karpuk
Super hero universes are stupid.

Crossovers are stupid.

Sorry, nerds, but it's true.

Remember the Flintstones Meets the Jetsons? Yeah, it's always that lame. (I will make exception for "Marvels", "Kingdom Come", and "The Dark Knight Returns," and that's it.)

Here's why:

I read a lot of comics that were written by their creators, or at least by the creator of the series. The best example I can think of is Runaways. Brian K. Vaughan is great at writing his characters and terrible at writing most Marve
Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)
This has to have the best trade of Invincible yet. So much happened. I like how Oliver is intrinsically different from Mark. I'm really interested to see where this will go especially since that last page cameo...

-short review done. Real review to come.
orangerful
You know a series is good when you think there are more pages in the trade, turn to find out you've just read the last page and actually say "OH NO!!!!" I can't believe that after 50 issues, Invincible is still going strong - action, humor, and heart - everything I like in my superhero dramas.
Thomas Moudry
Robert Kirkman's Invincible has long been a favorite series of mine, although I've only read it in trade paperback collections, and Vol. 10: Who's The Boss? more than confirms my continued faith in Kirkman's storytelling and world-building. This collection finds Invincible and Atom Eve's relationship moving forward even as his relationship with Cecil Stedman and the Global Defense Agency deteriorates. Invincible has always seemed to develop organically, and reading each trade paperback collectio ...more
Arminzerella
Michael Church
Man I think this is my favorite Invincible trade so far. The way it weaves so many things together for such an incredibly epic story is just astounding.

The first arc was one that's been building for awhile. It was my favorite as you saw what Mark really stands for. It gave characters new depth and dimension and motivations.

I found myself feeling very nearly the same emotions as Mark through both arcs. I don't know if that's because Kirkman wrote the situations so well or if it's just a situati
Jeffrey
Invincible struggles with his roles as both hero and mentor when he finds that not everyone shares his idealistic mindset. First, when the heroes of Earth are all captured, Cecil and the Global Defense Agency move in with their secret, not so heroic, options. Later, Mark realizes that Oliver's frame of reference is not his own and his ethics are not the same as his half-brother's.

That's really what it is getting to the roots of though, while there's the basic discussion of what it means to be a
Brad
Invincible loses his latest authority figure, and struggles with his role training and parenting his younger, inhuman brother. I'm always hesitant about major plot shifts, but Robert Kirkman has a good track record so far. Invincible's younger brother Oliver is starting to get a bit annoying. The fight scenes in this book get a bit brutal for a mainstream superhero title. Kirkman and Ryan Ottley talk about how they show exit wounds, while Marvel won't. Fortunately Ottley's art isn't too realisti ...more
Lance Howard
Mark finds out his boss Cecil isn't the benevolent leader he thought he was when he discovers some less than savory characters on the government payroll (ah, so young and naive). Mark goes into superheroing without Cecil's help. Also, Oliver shows a dark side with the Mauler Twins that even makes the Immortal go WTF? And we see that someone is spying on Invincible, but who??

A great volume after an okay last volume, this one ups the ante for Mark when he leaves the comfort of Cecil's aid to maint
Adam
This is a fun collection with the introduction of the reanimen in combat, Cecil and Mark's disagreement and Oliver in battle. Kirkmn doesn't shy away from the shock value but, still does excellent character moments. As classic as Batman and Superman and other superheroes are, Mark Grayson, with Kirkman writing him, seems to have the potential to be another Superheros icon.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Invincible #48-53. Invincible fights his boss Cecil and has to deal with his brother's developing powers. The two main story arcs in this book lead to interesting developments for the characters, but sometimes it feels like there is too much going on in the comic book with side stories.
Peter
Jan 04, 2014 Peter rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
invincible is the best current superhero series. all the cliche's are there, and still it feels fresh and entertaining.
Shannon Appelcline
The Cecil arc that heads off this volume and the Oliver arc that ends it are both enthralling and well told [8 out of 10]. There's some slightly fluffier filler in the middle, but even that is fun [7 out of 10].
Eric
Nov 20, 2009 Eric rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
This is great so far...a lot of shaking things up! What I really like is how Kirkman really explores the characters and allows them to grow.
Ian
A load of utterly fabricated tensions. So goddamn forced. At this point, I'm reading this series for the events, not the writing.
Oliver
The twists and changes keep on coming
Cristie
umm <3!
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 9: Ring Out the Old (Ex Machina, #9)
  • Powers, Vol. 7: Forever
  • The Sword, Volume 3: Earth
  • Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 2: I Kick Your Face
  • The Boys, Volume 6: The Self-Preservation Society
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 2
  • Ultra: Seven Days
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer