Start by marking “Who Are We? (The Ringing Cedars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Who Are We? (The Ringing Cedars, #5)

Who Are We? (The Ringing Cedars of Russia #5)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  296 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
"WHO ARE WE?", the fifth book of the Ringing Cedars Series, describes the author's search for real-life 'proofs' of Anastasia's vision presented in the previous volumes. Finding these proofs and taking stock of ongoing global environmental destruction, Vladimir Megre describes further practical steps for putting Anastasia's vision into practice. Full of beautiful realistic ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Ringing Cedars Press (first published February 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Who Are We?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Are We?

Bailey
Apr 02, 2013 Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a book with superb writing style and awesome flow of sentence and plot... this book isn't it. But if you're looking for an inspiring, eye-opening, motivating story, you have got to read this book. It really changed the way I look at the world.
Jo
Mar 19, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was probably the best book I've ever read. I don't understand why it is basically unknown in the U.S. It is a series about nature, love, religion, science, the environment, living, family, basically everything under the sun. Cannot WAIT to read the next one.
Sicofonia
Feb 22, 2013 Sicofonia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Anastasia tells the story of a girl who lives in the middle of nowhere, inside the Russian taiga, and has supernatural powers and a vision of the world that differs from the one that prevails in the western societies.

The main point of the book is that this technocratic society we are living in is wrong, and by leading a lifestyle closer to the nature, simple and rudimentary, we all would be happier. So the author starts to mention, one by one, all the things Anastasia told him (figuratively spea
Christy
Oct 21, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a couple weeks ago. I did enjoy the book and it brought some awareness. I did find the writing to be a little disjointed, perhaps because it was translated from Russian. There are a few parts that seem hard to believe. I have studied quantum physics and understand many of the conceps in this book but once in a while, its a stretch for our minds ;). The more books I read in this series the more I like it.
Chanel11
I'm intrigued by the ideas but I cannot stand the author and the writing his horrible, will read the next one as I want to hear more about the gardening and nature aspect, I am hoping Vladimir isn't as vulgar and Anastasia not as airheaded this time around - for someone so enlightened she chose a horrible mating partner (who is also married to someone else...)
Monty
Apr 12, 2013 Monty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of nine books (books 1 through 8, which is in two parts). I would give it a two for writing style and a four for ideas. The Russian author describes his encounter with Anastasia, a free spirit who lives alone in a Russian forest in tune with the natural world. This is one of those books that is difficult to know if it is fiction or non-fiction. In either case, the ideas presented about relationships, planting seeds, honoring nature, being in tune with oneself and the greater sp ...more
Sabrina Ali
this book was a little bit of a let down. The questions from other readers slowed the pace too much. The open letter to Putin was intriguing. Good insights, but I didn't find the narrative of this book up to the quality of the rest of the series (which is not great to begin with)
Swhe641200
I picked this up at the Clearfield library because it was a pretty cover and it sounded interesting. It was a new insight into life and some of the things that we should be doing to keep our world better. I thought it gave some good insight into life and how we can be better people. It also gave insight into why are Christian world have gone corrupt and still is. It talked about how the "High Priests" really have made the world what it is today,
Francine
Jun 16, 2012 Francine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eerste deel van een serie - Anastasia - over de ontmoeting en de uitwisseling tussen Anastasia - een volledig met de natuur verbonden wijze vrouw - en een zakenman. Wat deze ontmoeting teweeg brengt in zijn leven en welke wijze lessen hij allemaal leert van Anastasia: dat is waar het over gaat.
Dit eerste deel smaakt naar meer en ik ga dus zeker binnenkort beginnen aan deel twee: Vladimir Megre - Anastasia - 02. De zoemende ceders van Rusland
Dave
Mar 16, 2010 Dave rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: life-changers
this book resorts back to more of the clumsy style of book three. However, the clumsiness and the awkward reading gives way to the ultimate reason why book 5 should be read: the last two chapters. But don't think to simply read the past two chapters without wallowing through the first part of the book.
Ken Hastings
Nov 14, 2012 Ken Hastings rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ken by: Tyler Braun
Just too much. This is a poorly written fiction posing as a true account. The idea of Anastasia is interesting, but he fails to create a believable character. There are other reviews on Goodreads and Tya's is the best, so rather than spell out all the flaws myself, I'll just refer you to hers.
David
Apr 24, 2010 David rated it it was amazing
This book is stretching all of the boundaries of my thinking. I am getting alot out of reading this whole series. People can order the whole series on http://www.ringingcedars.com
Jack Stephens
There has been worldwide hype about this book and the series it begins, and for good reason. The story of Anastasia is the story of humanity's true nature. Read it from your heart.
Cecilia Sand
May 03, 2013 Cecilia Sand rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So bad it made me feel sick. Really badly written. Dont read it and dont believe in this crap. There are so many other good books about spirituality you dont need this.
Claire
Aug 29, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great book, taking us to the life of a woman in nature. Very methafysical, down to earth as well.
Arianna
Nov 04, 2012 Arianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good as the orhers! inspirational
Lei
Apr 20, 2013 Lei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So beautiful.
Manfred Karl
Aug 26, 2012 Manfred Karl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love
Anthony Bradley
Anthony Bradley rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Ariane
Ariane marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jodi Aman
Jodi Aman marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Tess
Tess added it
Apr 19, 2016
Handofglory
Handofglory rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2016
Erika Ostroski
Erika Ostroski marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Iana
Iana marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Juzefa
Juzefa rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Harald
Harald added it
Mar 31, 2016
  • Long Life, Honey in the Heart
  • Awakening Spirits
  • The Enlightened Sex Manual: Sexual Skills for the Superior Lover
  • Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book That Changes Lives
  • You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Start and Succeed in a Farm Enterprise
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands (Vol. 1): Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life And Landscape
  • The Sunfood Diet Success System
  • The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure
  • The Lost Language of Plants: The Ecological Importance of Plant Medicine to Life on Earth
  • Path of Empowerment: Pleiadian Wisdom for a World in Chaos
  • Edible Forest Gardens, Volume 1: Ecological Vision and Theory for Temperate Climate Permaculture
  • Life Visioning: A Four-Stage Evolutionary Journey to Live as Divine Love
  • Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become
  • Web of Life: Weaving the Values That Sustain Us
  • Secrets of the Soil: New Solutions for Restoring Our Planet
Vladimir Nikolaevich Megre (born 23 July, 1950 in Kuznichi village, Gorodnyansky District, Chernigov Region in Ukraine), the author of The Ringing Cedars of Russia book series, was a well-known entrepreneur. He spent most of his childhood with his grandmother Efrosinia Verkhusha, a village healer.
As a teenager Vladimir occasionally visited Father Feodorit, a priest of the Trinity-Sergiyev Monaster
More about Vladimir Megré...

The Ringing Cedars of Russia (10 books)
  • Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #1)
  • Ringing Cedars of Russia (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #2)
  • The Dimension of Love (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #3)
  • Co-Creation (The Ringing Cedars, #4)
  • The Family Book (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #6)
  • The Energy of Life (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #7)
  • The New Civilization (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #8.1)
  • The Rites of Love (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #8.2)
  • Anasta (The Ringing Cedars of Russia, #10)