Start by marking “Another Summer” as Want to Read:
Another Summer

Another Summer (The Beach House #2)

If you're lost and lonely...come in.

The quaint little beach house perched on the Pacific's edge is a haven for those seeking refuge from life's tempests. This season the tenants renting the secluded cottage by the sea are different -- yet each is searching for something. A young mother wracked with guilt and despair over a tragic death; a beautiful, successful lawyer deny
Published December 4th 2001 by HarperTorch (first published December 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Another Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Summer

Pat Morris
Oct 02, 2016 Pat Morris rated it really liked it
Part the Beach House series...focused on characters that stayed at a Beach House in Santa Cruz and how their lives interconnected. Great characters.
Sep 21, 2016 Aimee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy, breezy beach read.

This book was endearing at its core. The premise that a common place can weave people together is the stuff daydreams are made of. While I appreciate the way the story was formatted and the variety of story lines, I give it 3 out of 5 because it sometimes felt a little too sudden of a jerk from each story to the next. I want to know more about what happened next! I hate to love and leave a storyline so abruptly.
John S Washam
Sep 20, 2016 John S Washam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I really liked this book. Good for the soul. Makes you happy. I'm usually a drama book kind so this was different and a good change. I will read others.
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

The second in a series that centers around the occupants and owners of a beach house and its neighbors. Although Julia isn't in this book, but instead the owner of the neighbor home - Andrew is more or less the "main character" in this one, the author still provided perfect updates on Julia and most of the characters from the previous book.

Each of the new renters take a month during this book as well and they each have issues that they need to overc
Jan 10, 2012 Jessi rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book although not as much as I enjoyed The Beach House. I really liked the beginning of the book, but once I got to July I couldn't believe how cliched the story became. You'll figure out where the author is going in that section and you won't be able to believe it's actually happening. As I started to figure it out, I actually thought it was too cheesy to really be happening but alas it did. The rest of the book finished out as strongly as the first part. If it weren't for July, ...more
Wendy Hall
Sep 04, 2016 Wendy Hall rated it liked it
I loved the concept of this book. A beach house with monthly rentals - a short story within each month. I figured it would be a good summer book. However, it was a bit of a disappointment, as each story ended a little too easily and perfectly. Each story was actually deep and had a significant plot, but they all wrapped up too well for a one-month time frame. Made it seem too trite and even a little cheesy.
Jennifer Schrecengost
Jan Mcleod
Aug 12, 2013 Jan Mcleod rated it it was ok
This book is about people who rent a summer home on the Pacific coast. It is a bit unusual as the chapters are broken down by months-May through September.
The Prologue is a bit long and can be confusing. It relates the ownership of the summer house in a great deal of detail which is really irrelevant. The ownership could easily have been dealt with in the context of the stories.
The first story which begins in May does not resolve itself until September. In between there are different character
Oct 22, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to A Beach House. Andrew and Cheryl rekindle their old romance. A young lawyer discovers her true passion when her father sends her to the beach to study for a new career path and she falls in love with the instructor and the beach. A young family, reeling from the loss of a child, reconnects with the help of the old couple (Maggie and Joe) from the Beach House.

I liked this one better than the first. The storylines were more captivating and the characters were better defined. A quick
Jul 07, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Georgia Bockoven, I read this in 2 days so it was an easy ready. But I really enjoyed the setting of this summer house, one day I would love a month by the beach myself with my family. It was good that the characters from previous book were mentioned so you felt a conclusion to their stories. This had 3 great stories set a few years later in the beach house. I think the characters had great back stories and depth. I hope to see another book set at this beach house. Thank yo ...more
Jul 28, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok 2nd in series

I am enjoying this series that takes place in the summer months of a beach house rental. Each month a new person or persons rent the house and that part of the story revolves around them. although the author is good at spinning other regulars into those months.

in this one I sort got stuck in June. it seemed to be going down an educational road and I wasn't wanting that. these are supposed to just be love stories. after June I enjoyed it more and will now take a break before book
Jun 02, 2015 Margie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in Georgia Bockoven's series The Beach House. The renters in the this book are very different from the first book and very different from each other. You will probably find one that you really relate to.

The July renters for me were not as well developed characters and the story went from really sad to really happy and all settled too fast. I needed more on that story. I would give the rest of the book a 5!

I am looking forward to reading the third book in the series.
Oct 27, 2012 Margaret rated it did not like it
I read half the book and quit. I gather from reading the back cover, that this book tells the stories of several different people who have a connection to a beach house rental over the summer. I just couldn't get drawn into the fast-paced stories. The characters didn't have any depth and the plots went way too fast for them to be believable. I felt like I was reading a short story for a magazine or an introduction to a longer novel that might have been worth reading if it had a chance to develop ...more
Maryann Fox
I loved this book, it brought back memories of my childhood summers. I especially liked how the author brought back some of the characters from her previous book and incorporated them into her new stories of her new characters lives. I look forward to reading the next book in the Beach House series: Return to the Beach House.
I'm hoping she will do a 4th book of the series and bring back the 2 young lovers and the young "heroine's family".
Barbara Auito
Jul 20, 2014 Barbara Auito rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This being a sequel to The Beach House, I thought I would struggle with it more than the first. Not at all. In fact having read this book, I need to change my rating of the first book. The intertwining of the families as they rent the beach house for the three months of summer over the years really gives you a peek into their collective lives, which, as families do, varies a great deal, one from the other.
May 02, 2016 Sharon rated it really liked it
I found this book at a used bookstore and it looked interesting. I had not read the first book THE BEACH HOUSE, but the prologue of ANOTHER SUMMER did a good job of giving background information. Several different stories are told in this book as different people stay at a beach house for a month during the summer. In each instance, their lives are changed by the month spent there. A fun summer read! (There are a couple of sex scenes--just FYI.)
Karen Cino
Feb 16, 2015 Karen Cino rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this second book in the series. I loved reading about the beach houses, especially this time of the year when it is freezing in New York City. Georgia wrote a beautifully story about true to life events. Don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but if you want to read a women's fiction book that isn't packed with in depth sex scenes this is your book. The book deals more with relationships between people.
Cindy Feigert
Aug 10, 2016 Cindy Feigert rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-reads
If you are looking for a book to read on your beach vacation or just a good read during the dog days of summer, you should consider this book and the first book The Beach House. These are not just romance novels but books about real people with problems that need to be solved. And yes they find some answers at the beach house. In this book each month is devoted to a different set of characters that you can to root for. A good read.
Jun 28, 2016 Kellie rated it really liked it
Shelves: beachy-quick
A 3.5 rounded up for the uplifting story in which challenging preconceived notions and second chances abound. This quick beach read was typical in many ways, but unique in others. I loved the separate stories bound together through the shared beach house. Healing through the compassion , patience, and love of others.
Sep 06, 2010 Peggy rated it really liked it
Another Summer is the the sequel to The Beach House.The current owner's of the beach house can't bring themselves to sell.Instead they rent it to different families from May thru August.Each family has their own story and conflict they are working thru and the beach house is the perfect spot to work thru their struggles.
Sep 04, 2016 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light reading

A hood book for a quick dimmer read as there are short stories that don't go very deep into the characters
Oct 23, 2014 Debbe rated it really liked it
Book two of the Beach House trilogy is a great read. Especially since I am at the beach. Ms. Bockoven has a knack of keeping the story line and your interest going. This Beach House seems to change all who stay there or maybe they just understand themselves a little better while there. On to book three and the final chapter of this trilogy!
Jan 14, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first

this book is very similar to the first but a little more cheesy. it was a quick read that left you happy in the end. Though I did find this one less believable than the first one. it still was a good read and I'm happy I read it.
Jul 11, 2013 Lizz rated it liked it
I liked this one, but not as much as I liked first installment. I liked revisiting the characters from the first book, and got a bit more closure on what had happened to some of them, it just didn't feel quite as magical this time around.
Deb Jackson
Aug 04, 2014 Deb Jackson rated it really liked it
A sequel to "The Beach House".. first time I have read any of Bockoven's books.. good story, well written.. nothing to deep, good, likeable characters. Just a good read.. nice to have the rest to follow-up with!
I really like the prequel to this book, "The Beach House", it brought me to tears. So I was happy to see this book pick up and carry on with the same beach house and the characters who live near, in and around it. Not quite as good as the first book, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Mary Morris
Jun 25, 2016 Mary Morris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great summer at the beach house.

I read previous books in this series and this one was very enjoyable. There were many feel good moments. I love the setting, characters and romance
Jackie Weisman
Jun 29, 2016 Jackie Weisman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy beach read

I needed something light and breezy for the summer and this was the answer. Easy, entertaining read with interesting characters. Looking forward to pick up more by this author,
Nov 13, 2008 Dawn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good relationship story.
Recommended to Dawn by: I enjoyed the first book about the beach house.
This was a good conclusion to her first book, The Beach House (which I loved). I did not enjoy the characters as much in this book, but it was still a very good story. I also enjoyed it because it takes place in one of my favorite places, Santa Cruz, California.
Wendie Schneider
Nice, easy read

A bit to perfect for me. Every story of tenants in the beach house has a perfectly happy ending. It was a nice little book for light reading during a flight and sitting in an airport.
  • Summer Shift
  • Back in the Game
  • The Goodbye Summer
  • The Beach House (The Beach House #1)
  • That Summer in Ischia
  • Lady Gaga: Behind The Fame
  • The Last Summer of Her Other Life
  • Beach Colors
  • Master of the Dark Side (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2.5)
  • Making Waves
  • Eight Little Faces
  • The Never Never Sisters
  • Window Wall (Glass Thorns, #4)
  • Torn to Pieces
  • Fortunate Harbor (Happiness Key Series, #2)
  • Swimming Lessons
  • The Alchemist's Flame (The Final Formula Series, #3)
  • Three Bird Summer
Georgia was a Army child, who after a successful career as a freelance photo journalist before she turned to fiction writing. Published since 1983, she is an award-winning author whose books have sold more than four million copies worldwide. Her romance novel, A Marriage of Convenience, became a CBS movie in October of 1998 starring Jane Seymour and James Brolin.

Married wich John Bockoven, she is
More about Georgia Bockoven...

The Beach House (4 books)
  • The Beach House
  • Return to the Beach House
  • The Cottage Next Door (The Beach House, #3.5)

“If the destination was a broken heart, at least she would always have the memory of the journey.” 5 likes
“Why would I want to take a chance on being hurt agan?" She asked.

"Because you're not over me," he said. "Any more than I'm over you.”