Another Summer

Another Summer

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  27 reviews
If you're lost and lonely...come in.The quaint little beach house perched on the Pacific's edge is a haven for those seeking refuge from life's tempests. This season the tenants renting the secluded cottage by the sea are different -- yet each is searching for something. A young mother wracked with guilt and despair over a tragic death; a beautiful, successful lawyer denyi...more
Published December 4th 2001 by HarperTorch (first published December 1st 2001)

Jessi
I enjoyed this book although not as much as I enjoyed The Beach House. I really liked the beginning of the book, but once I got to July I couldn't believe how cliched the story became. You'll figure out where the author is going in that section and you won't be able to believe it's actually happening. As I started to figure it out, I actually thought it was too cheesy to really be happening but alas it did. The rest of the book finished out as strongly as the first part. If it weren't for July,...more
Jan Mcleod
This book is about people who rent a summer home on the Pacific coast. It is a bit unusual as the chapters are broken down by months-May through September.
The Prologue is a bit long and can be confusing. It relates the ownership of the summer house in a great deal of detail which is really irrelevant. The ownership could easily have been dealt with in the context of the stories.
The first story which begins in May does not resolve itself until September. In between there are different character...more
Tammy
Another great read by Georgia Bockoven, I read this in 2 days so it was an easy ready. But I really enjoyed the setting of this summer house, one day I would love a month by the beach myself with my family. It was good that the characters from previous book were mentioned so you felt a conclusion to their stories. This had 3 great stories set a few years later in the beach house. I think the characters had great back stories and depth. I hope to see another book set at this beach house. Thank yo...more
Bernice Villaseñor
A great summer read!
Margaret
I read half the book and quit. I gather from reading the back cover, that this book tells the stories of several different people who have a connection to a beach house rental over the summer. I just couldn't get drawn into the fast-paced stories. The characters didn't have any depth and the plots went way too fast for them to be believable. I felt like I was reading a short story for a magazine or an introduction to a longer novel that might have been worth reading if it had a chance to develop...more
Christine
Not as good as the first

this book is very similar to the first but a little more cheesy. it was a quick read that left you happy in the end. Though I did find this one less believable than the first one. it still was a good read and I'm happy I read it.
Peggy
Another Summer is the the sequel to The Beach House.The current owner's of the beach house can't bring themselves to sell.Instead they rent it to different families from May thru August.Each family has their own story and conflict they are working thru and the beach house is the perfect spot to work thru their struggles.
Caroline
I really like the prequel to this book, "The Beach House", it brought me to tears. So I was happy to see this book pick up and carry on with the same beach house and the characters who live near, in and around it. Not quite as good as the first book, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Dawn
Nov 13, 2008 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good relationship story.
Recommended to Dawn by: I enjoyed the first book about the beach house.
This was a good conclusion to her first book, The Beach House (which I loved). I did not enjoy the characters as much in this book, but it was still a very good story. I also enjoyed it because it takes place in one of my favorite places, Santa Cruz, California.
Lizz
I liked this one, but not as much as I liked first installment. I liked revisiting the characters from the first book, and got a bit more closure on what had happened to some of them, it just didn't feel quite as magical this time around.
Carla Leininger
Perfect book for the summer. My favorite was the story of finding old love.... There were about 5 protagonists in the book and different stories as they all rented beach houses. It surely made me feel like coming back to the book often!
Diana
This is supposed to be the sequel to "The Beach House". Unfortunately, it lacks the heart of the first novel. The characters in this book are so one-dimensional & cliched, that I really did not care for any of them.
Heather
This is definitely one of those too good to be true books where everyone has the magic fairytale in the end. However, I have to say I actually enjoyed it. Great summer read with some cheese but a good light book.
Jennifer (NorthernLghts)
I hadn't read the original in a while so it took me a little time to get the old character's straight and remember their stories. But I did like the new characters and some of their stories.
Drema
I didn't like the too perfect endings. I wanted some light reading for vacation, but this was not it. I didn't even finish the book.
Angie
This book jumped around way too much for me. As soon as I was getting into a storyline and character, the author started a new one.
Grace
I read this book and it wasn't the greatest but still worth reading that may sound weird but I think ya'll should give it a shot
Angela
Cheesy but enjoyable. The perfect light summer read for a day when I wasn't feeling well and stayed in my pajamas in bed all day!
Barbara
This was a great book! Accidentally picked it up at the library, started reading and could not put it down! Very good read!
Dawn
Just started this book but I loved Beach House and this is about the house and the people who vacation there.
Fiona Kaufman
A good sequel to the beach house, i actually thought this was a better read. Perfect to take to the beach.
Mary Ann
Jul 26, 2010 Mary Ann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary Ann by: Nicole
I recommend reading The Beach House first -- some of the things in this book will make more sense if you do.
Lauren
I enjoyed the structure of the story. Would read another by this author.
Sue
Nice light summer read. Some what predictable but still good summer reading.
Tina
I needed a summer beach read this week. This sequel to did the trick.
Keri
Good easy read...nice stories.
Marge
Light, fluffy fun.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Claudette
Claudette marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
  • 7 Days and 7 Nights
  • The Way Back Home
  • Eight Little Faces: A Mom's Journey
  • The Summer We Fell Apart
  • The Swing in the Summerhouse (Hall Family Chronicles, #2)
  • Making Waves
  • Fortunate Harbor (Happiness Key Series, #2)
  • It Should Have Been Me
  • Torn to Pieces
  • More Than Words Can Say: A Novel
  • Chasing Sunsets: A Cedar Key Novel
  • Bitsy's Bait & BBQ
Georgia was a Army child, who after a successful career as a freelance photo journalist before she turned to fiction writing. Published since 1983, she is an award-winning author whose books have sold more than four million copies worldwide. Her romance novel, A Marriage of Convenience, became a CBS movie in October of 1998 starring Jane Seymour and James Brolin.

Married wich John Bockoven, she is...more
More about Georgia Bockoven...
The Beach House The Year that Everything Changed Things Remembered: A Novel Carly's Gift: A Novel Disguised Blessing

“If the destination was a broken heart, at least she would always have the memory of the journey.” 5 likes
“Why would I want to take a chance on being hurt agan?" She asked.

"Because you're not over me," he said. "Any more than I'm over you.”
2 likes