Sailor Moon 04:  Der Silberkristall (Sailor Moon, #4)

Sailor Moon 04: Der Silberkristall (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon #4)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  2,382 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Bunny ist eigentlich eine ganz normale junge Frau, mit der Hilfe von Zauberkräften verwandelt sie sich aber in Sailor Moon, der Kämpferin für Liebe und Gerechtigkeit. Gemeinsam mit ihren Freundinnen muß sie wieder spannende Abenteuer in Raum und Zeit bestehen.
Published December 1999 by Feest Comics (first published July 6th 1993)

Lauren
Story: Like a fine wine Sailor Moon R gets better with time from it's predecessor Sailor Moon. The Black Moon Arc introduces the same cast of characters are back with new villains to fight. The series arc split in two with the first part having the Doom Tree aliens appear, Ann and Alan. The second part of the series introduces the Black Moon villains. This time there is a little surprise waiting for Serena and Darien, Rini, there are also three new scouts that are found: Neptune, Uranus, and Sat...more
Stephanie Kurisunkal
Serena and Darien's reaction that Rini was their daughter was hillarious!I thought King Darien was pretty cool.
Michael
A solid volume, although the climatic fight with Queen Metalia isn't necessarily as epic as the build-up to it might suggest. The final three and a half chapters introduce Rini and the evil Black Moon and see Sailors Mars, Mercury and Jupiter defeated and captured, leaving Sailor Moon undersupported as we enter book five. The series always has a bit of formula, and this book is heavy on that. Not a great volume, but a solid one setting up some good stuff in books to come.
Wrenaria
This book wraps up the Queen Metalia battle and introduces Black Moon and the sudden appearance of the mysterious Rini. What I like most about this volume is getting to spend a little one on one time with Mars, Mercury, then Jupiter in their normal lives. Action is fine and all, but I love me some character development.
Beatriz
Con cada tomo que leo la historia me gusta más. Hay un mundo de diferencias entre el anime y el manga, pero eso a mí me da igual. No soy tiquismiquis. Lo que sí echo de menos es el desarrollo de los personajes, conocerlos mejor. En el anime era posible porque había más capítulos de relleno, pero aquí la acción es tan trepidante que no tienen tiempo de desarrollar su personalidad...

Lo que sí me cabrea un montón son las erratas de esta edición: faltas de ortografía, expresiones rarísimas en españo...more
Cindy Torres
After Sailor Moon defeats Metalia she finally reunites with her long lost prince in a lovely and very touching moment(my favorite part in the book) This book also reveals 2 of Darian's powers. Then the second round of enemies arrive with the very hilarious arival of Rini.
Teresa
You know, I never realized how damn fricken fast the plot is. Like we have the Dark Kingdom arc in 2 volumes, with character/plot/setting/everything development in it....

...Makes me miss novels.
Marco
En cada volumen Bunny es más y más madura... a diferencia del anime xD
Lauren
This volume seems a bit more scattered and jumps around more than the others.
Julie
Dec 12, 2008 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shoujo fans
Recommended to Julie by: watched the anime
One of my all-time favorite series. The gateway series to getting me into anime and manga! The artwork impressed me so much, and the story was fun. It is still one of my favorites both because it's well-done, and for nostagia reasons.

This is the version that came out during the middle age of manga: before they stopped flipping the artwork, but right as TokyoPop was starting to emerge, and the volumes got cheaper. Unfortunately you could see it in the quality, as there were a lot of typos and som...more
Jlebreton
Jan 13, 2014 Jlebreton rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Renee Lebreton
The translations were really confusing at times. And the pictures tended to blend so much that sometimes I had trouble figuring out what was going on. Mostly, it was a good storyline - and there was definitely a crazy cliff-hanger at the end!
Daniela
Ya se estan haciendo bastante notables las diferencias con el anime. Rini me cae mejor en el manga que en el anime ( capaz porque acá aparece menos) Puede ser porque ya perdí la costumbre, pero siento bastante acelerado el ritmo de los sucesos en el manga, cuando en el anime se me hacía un poco más lento, pero al mismo tiempo el manga me mantiene con ganas de seguir y seguir leyendolo.
Robin
I know that this manga is far from the best... the story can be cliche in places, and the art is horrible in spots...

But it has a special place in my heart - it was one of my very first introductions to anime and manga, and there's something empowering about Sailor Moon and the sailor scouts. I don't think it matters how old I get... I'll always find my way back to this manga.
Delicious Strawberry
Beautiful manga, and so happy that the translators kept the original names for the attacks instead of using some dumbed-down English counterpart. Sure, Japanese English might feel off to some, but it's how Japanese do it, deal with it. Usagi is reunited with her prince, yay.
Whispering_kage
By far one of my favorite series from my childhood. I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Sadly now it is really hard to find but if you manage to track down the volumes more power to you.
^_^,
Chrissie
Sailor Moon has the potential of being a rather unlikeable heroine
scarlettraces
a dense and occasionally confusing read (i had trouble keeping track of the Sailor Moons). so far i'm preferring the first arc.
Grace Greeley
Jan 27, 2013 Grace Greeley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Grace by: Myself
Shelves: favorite-manga
The Black Moon is my favorite. Oh my delicious Prince Diamond <3
Alejandra Arévalo
Hasta ahora este es mi favorito, aquí sí me cae bien Rini y Darien.
jadith
oMG SO MANY FEELS THE END WAS SUSPENSFUL I LOVED IT
Tori
Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 by Naoko Takeuchi (1999)
Jenn
Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 by Naoko Takeuchi (1999)
Natalie
One of my favorites in the series :D
Cataluna
está dramática la cosa, sufro
Robin
YEAH!! SAILOR MOON!
Rachael Graham
favorite manga of all time
Steph
Nov 17, 2010 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves Sailor Moon
Recommended to Steph by: saw the anime
Shelves: manga
Love this series!!
Maralye
Maralye marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura #4)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 05: To Blossom
  • Ceres, Celestial Legend: Suzumi (Ceres, Celestial Legend #3)
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 09
  • Paradise Kiss, Volume 5
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 06
Naoko Takeuchi (武内直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of YuYu Hakusho series...more
More about Naoko Takeuchi...
Sailor Moon, Vol. 01 美少女戦士セーラームーン 1 [Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon 1] Sailor Moon, Vol. 02 Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #2) Sailor Moon, Vol. 05