Start by marking “The Adventures of Buster Bear” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Buster Bear

The Adventures of Buster Bear

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Grandfather Frog has a hard time keeping a straight face -- for Buster Bear has outsmarted that rash Little Joe Otter But then along comes Farmer Brown's boy, and -- "'Twas just a sudden odd surprise"
"Made Farmer Brown's boy's hair to rise "
And now who's outsmarting whom?

Readers will take joy as their familiar friends -- Billy Mink, Blacky the Crow, Jerry Muskrat, and Sam
Published March 1st 2008 by Aegypan (first published 1916)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Buster Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Buster Bear

Karin
My 7 yr old gave these books a 5. I agree. "His books are awesome' she says.I liked the way morals were told in an entertaining way. I bet my daughter didn't feel she was being moralized at because she wanted to hear the whole book. I've tried others that had a distinct 'moral' or 'value' and she hates it.(Books that go ... is thankful or ... learns to be honest. blah.

Burgess books are interesting entertaining and a good read. Hopefully the little lessons learned by the animals were also learne
Mckinley
There's a series of stories each focusing on a different animal in the forest. This one is (mostly) about a bear and who's afraid of who.
Read the series to get the perspective for different animals. Fun to read aloud for up to 8 years old I think.
Melissa
Buster was quite a charming character! I loved that all the other characters were afraid of him, and how that really added to the dynamics. And once again, John Lieder does a wonderful job with the different voices - he really got down the gruffness of a brown bear :)
Ashish Seth
It was too shameful for buster the bear to steal. I enjoyed the book thoroughly.
R.A. Danger
Well I didn't consider this one of the best of a long series of these animals wearing cloths but still live in the forest...type.

The first story in here reminds me of the old animal trickster tales. As fot the other two parts lets just say, bear and boy meet, and leave it at that.
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Shawkat Kamal
Shawkat Kamal marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Anna
Anna added it
May 16, 2015
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Familyreader
Familyreader marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Christephi
Christephi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Terrikuns
Terrikuns marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Homeschool Family
Homeschool Family marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Caryn
Caryn marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Lief
Lief marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Thornton W. (Waldo) Burgess (1874-1965), American author, naturalist and conservationist, wrote popular children's stories including the Old Mother West Wind (1910) series. He would go on to write more than 100 books and thousands of short-stories during his lifetime.
More about Thornton W. Burgess...
The Adventures of Peter Cottontail Old Mother West Wind The Burgess Bird Book for Children The Adventures of Reddy Fox The Adventures of Old Mr. Toad