Start by marking “Five Great Comedies: Much Ado About Nothing, Twelfth Night, A Midsummer Night's Dream, As You Like It and The Merry Wives of Windsor” as Want to Read:

Merriment abounds in these beloved comedies by the Bard, in forms that range from magical mischief to rollicking farce. Five of Shakespeare's most popular comedies appear here, in one convenient and economical volume. Contents include:
Much Ado About Nothing, in which a betrothed couple set a lover's trap for a confirmed bachelor and his sharp-tongued sparring partner
Twelft
Published May 13th 2005 by Dover Publications (first published 1941)

To ask other readers questions about Five Great Comedies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Great Comedies

Live2learn1
Dec 23, 2008 Live2learn1 rated it it was amazing
Shakespeare's comedies are genious work. It is also a good thing to learn to read plays as well as novels and resource books and other types of literature. Many of the commonplace phrases we use come straight from Shakespeare and it is fun to stumble across them in his plays. Some of his political plays or tragedies have topic material that is not so good for younger readers, but the comedies are full of silly errors and mistaken identities and it is fun to see how mixed up things can get someti ...more
Ɠяαcє O'Ɓяιєη➵Sσмєтιмєѕ Qυιєт ιѕ ƲισƖєηт
A midsummer's night dream was a very interesting story with lots of love and drama.
Heather
Oct 26, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
I love Shakespeare's Comedies, even though they really only revolve around mistaken identity/misunderstandings, twins separated at birth, or magic. If you aren't familiar with As You Like It, it's a very sweet one. It's where the phrase "All the world's a stage" comes from.
Suzanne
Jun 23, 2009 Suzanne rated it liked it
went to the minnesota chamber orchestra performance of this and it was fantastic. I went home and read the book which i wish I would have read before I attended this last minute performance. Love shakespeare
Emily
Jan 26, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
Much Ado About Nothing is by far my favorite, in fact I am planning on naming my first daughter Beatrice in hopes that she will have just as witty a tongue as the Shaskepearean counterpart.:)
The Cute Little Brown-haired girl
I was in the play Merry Wives in Ashland when I was eleven so I have a great affection for Shakespeare. Being able to recite sonnets by heart at age 8 made me quite a strange child indeed!
Tiffany
Jul 02, 2007 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great collection of Shakespeare's best comedies: As You Like It, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merchant of Venice, Twelfth Night, and The Tempest.
Megan
Aug 18, 2010 Megan rated it liked it
Well. I read two stories out of this book but am familiar with the others. I really like comedies so this book was pretty good, but these stories don't really apeal to mwa
Evalyn
Feb 24, 2009 Evalyn rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite comedy of Shakespeare's.
lita
Jun 30, 2009 lita marked it as to-read
hasil hunting di PBJ, cuma 5000 perak :D
Julia P
Julia P marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Rhodalyn Gueco
Rhodalyn Gueco marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Edward Lau
Edward Lau rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Gina Lee
Gina Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
DUONGBAONGOCANGELBABYBOOTS.
DUONGBAONGOCANGELBABYBOOTS. rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Georgina Brandt
Georgina Brandt rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Kate (Kate Looks At Books)
Kate (Kate Looks At Books) rated it really liked it
Sharmila Priya M
Sharmila Priya M marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ece Aydın
Ece Aydın rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2015
Evangeline
Evangeline rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Nikitha Rd
Nikitha Rd marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Lala
Lala marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Elisa
Elisa rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Naomi
Naomi added it
Sep 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
William Shakespeare (baptised 26 April 1564) was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. He is often called England's national poet and the "Bard of Avon" (or simply "The Bard"). His surviving works consist of 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and several other poems. His plays have been tr ...more
More about William Shakespeare...