Start by marking “Feeding Frenzy” as Want to Read:
Feeding Frenzy

Feeding Frenzy

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Friends and fellow New Yorkers Stuart Stevens and Rachel "Rat" Kelly share two passions: exercise and eating. Having exhausted nearly every posh Manhattan restaurant, former model Rat suggests they take their buffed bodies to new gastronomic heights via a tour of Europe's Michelin three-star restaurants. Rat's boyfriend will underwrite the trip--but only if they do the twe ...more
Published May 5th 1998 by Ballantine Books (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Feeding Frenzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeding Frenzy

Ensiform
The author decides on a whim to go, along with his New York gym buddy and former model Rachel “Rat” Kelly, on a tour of the famous restaurants of Europe that Michelin has graced with three stars. In a used and unreliable ’65 Mustang, along with an unwanted dog, the pair scramble from country to country in search of culinary delights.

Now, I love good travel writing, and I enjoy food writing, and I appreciate comedy from high to low. So you’d think this book, which combines them all, would be exac
Brenna
The final Stevens travel book, at least as far as I can find… this one is different in that it is really an ode to fine dining. Stevens and his model friend Rat (short for Rachel) embark on a quest to dine at all 29 top Michelin-rated restaurants… in 29 days. And Stevens brings a cherry-red 1965 Mustang convertible along from the U.S. for the two to tool around in. Yes, it is all rather sickening, except it isn’t, because it has Stevens’ typical flair for the preposterous, and for finding humor ...more
Gabrielle
I thought this was a nice bit of humor for summer reading. Would help if my French language skills were better. Passed to a friend who enjoys cooking and used to work at a fine restaurant.
Beth Evans
Feeding Frenzy is subtitled "across Europe in search of the perfect meal." In the first 90 pages, not a whole lot of eating takes places but there's a LOT of detail about the Mustang the author has shipped to England from America.

Stuart and his platonic pal Rachel are on a quest to eat in all 29 Michelin-starred European restaurants in 29 days. This is an enjoyable read but not up to the standard of, say, Comfort Me With Apples, Heat and some of the other foodie books available. He's a good wri
Claire
A guy and a gal (platonic--were Harry and Sally wrong?) head across Europe to eat in all the 3-Michelin-starred restaurants on consecutive days. Pretty funny, although the author is a bit pompous at times. Still, I want this man's job. Maybe I should write the sequel: staying in all the top-rated hotels of Europe for a week at a time. Let me know if you'd be willing to fund my research. (:
Valerie
Nov 30, 2008 Valerie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Debbie
Recommended to Valerie by: GoodReads
The author whose previous books were most certainly not about three star restaurants with beautiful women. His previous books were about the miseries of crossing the Sahara, or the trials of central Asia. I must be a horrible person, because I enjoyed those tales of deprivation more than this jaunt across Europe eating at 3-stars for free.
Kbg503
A book to read when I'm feeling decadent. Wish I knew more French so I could translate all the courses/dishes. I'm glad that the author includes other thoughts that crossed his mine about Rat, Henry the Dog, the Mustang, how Michelin judges score, and current social issues, because if it was just about great food, the book would be kind of boring.
Marie
Two American friends go on a wild European road trip in a vintage Mustang (whose brakes sometimes work) on a quest to eat in all of Europe's 3-star restaurants on consecutive days. It's a witty and madcap adventure, although I felt there was a little something lacking when compared to many of the other fantastic food memoirs out there.
Nancy
a travel book that is hilarious - set in Europe - I also read 2 other travel books by this author set in Africa and China and enjoyed them as well.
Sally
This was a hilarious adventure eating through Europe. Ah, I would love such a trip!
Lindsey
Getting myself excited for a Europe trip. Mmm food.
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Ted Morgan
Ted Morgan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
An American travel writer, political consultant and Daily Beast columnist. He is the cofounder of Washington, DC-based political media consultancy Stevens & Schriefer Group. He served as a top strategist for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.
More about Stuart Stevens...
Malaria Dreams: An African Adventure Night Train to Turkistan: Modern Adventures Along China's Ancient Silk Road The Big Enchilada: Campaign Adventures with the Cockeyed Optimists from Texas Who Won the Biggest Prize in Politics The Last Season: A Father, a Son, and a Lifetime of College Football Scorched Earth: A Political Love Story