Start by marking “Feeding Frenzy” as Want to Read:
Feeding Frenzy

Feeding Frenzy

Friends and fellow New Yorkers Stuart Stevens and Rachel "Rat" Kelly share two passions: exercise and eating. Having exhausted nearly every posh Manhattan restaurant, former model Rat suggests they take their buffed bodies to new gastronomic heights via a tour of Europe's Michelin three-star restaurants. Rat's boyfriend will underwrite the trip--but only if they do the twe ...more
Published May 5th 1998 by Ballantine Books (first published May 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Feeding Frenzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeding Frenzy

Ensiform
Dec 15, 2012 Ensiform rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, travel, food
The author decides on a whim to go, along with his New York gym buddy and former model Rachel “Rat” Kelly, on a tour of the famous restaurants of Europe that Michelin has graced with three stars. In a used and unreliable ’65 Mustang, along with an unwanted dog, the pair scramble from country to country in search of culinary delights.

Now, I love good travel writing, and I enjoy food writing, and I appreciate comedy from high to low. So you’d think this book, which combines them all, would be exac
Brenna
Mar 03, 2012 Brenna rated it liked it
The final Stevens travel book, at least as far as I can find… this one is different in that it is really an ode to fine dining. Stevens and his model friend Rat (short for Rachel) embark on a quest to dine at all 29 top Michelin-rated restaurants… in 29 days. And Stevens brings a cherry-red 1965 Mustang convertible along from the U.S. for the two to tool around in. Yes, it is all rather sickening, except it isn’t, because it has Stevens’ typical flair for the preposterous, and for finding humor ...more
Gabrielle
Jul 05, 2015 Gabrielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: bios, chick-book, humor, travel
I thought this was a nice bit of humor for summer reading. Would help if my French language skills were better. Passed to a friend who enjoys cooking and used to work at a fine restaurant.
Beth Evans
Oct 31, 2010 Beth Evans rated it liked it
Feeding Frenzy is subtitled "across Europe in search of the perfect meal." In the first 90 pages, not a whole lot of eating takes places but there's a LOT of detail about the Mustang the author has shipped to England from America.

Stuart and his platonic pal Rachel are on a quest to eat in all 29 Michelin-starred European restaurants in 29 days. This is an enjoyable read but not up to the standard of, say, Comfort Me With Apples, Heat and some of the other foodie books available. He's a good wri
Claire
Jun 02, 2008 Claire rated it really liked it
A guy and a gal (platonic--were Harry and Sally wrong?) head across Europe to eat in all the 3-Michelin-starred restaurants on consecutive days. Pretty funny, although the author is a bit pompous at times. Still, I want this man's job. Maybe I should write the sequel: staying in all the top-rated hotels of Europe for a week at a time. Let me know if you'd be willing to fund my research. (:
Valerie
Nov 30, 2008 Valerie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Debbie
Recommended to Valerie by: GoodReads
The author whose previous books were most certainly not about three star restaurants with beautiful women. His previous books were about the miseries of crossing the Sahara, or the trials of central Asia. I must be a horrible person, because I enjoyed those tales of deprivation more than this jaunt across Europe eating at 3-stars for free.
Kbg503
Jun 12, 2013 Kbg503 rated it really liked it
A book to read when I'm feeling decadent. Wish I knew more French so I could translate all the courses/dishes. I'm glad that the author includes other thoughts that crossed his mine about Rat, Henry the Dog, the Mustang, how Michelin judges score, and current social issues, because if it was just about great food, the book would be kind of boring.
Marie
Mar 02, 2010 Marie rated it liked it
Two American friends go on a wild European road trip in a vintage Mustang (whose brakes sometimes work) on a quest to eat in all of Europe's 3-star restaurants on consecutive days. It's a witty and madcap adventure, although I felt there was a little something lacking when compared to many of the other fantastic food memoirs out there.
Nancy
Mar 27, 2007 Nancy rated it really liked it
a travel book that is hilarious - set in Europe - I also read 2 other travel books by this author set in Africa and China and enjoyed them as well.
Sally
Oct 26, 2007 Sally rated it liked it
This was a hilarious adventure eating through Europe. Ah, I would love such a trip!
Lindsey
Jan 25, 2009 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Getting myself excited for a Europe trip. Mmm food.
Sheri Nassikas
Sheri Nassikas marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Adria Batt
Adria Batt rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Tc
Tc rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Caleb
Caleb added it
Jun 12, 2016
Anda Hutchins
Anda Hutchins rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Laurie Adams
Laurie Adams marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Alexandra Ferretti
Alexandra Ferretti rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Het Proeflokaal
Het Proeflokaal marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Amanda Hutchins
Amanda Hutchins rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Caitlin Brown
Caitlin Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
An American travel writer, political consultant and Daily Beast columnist. He is the cofounder of Washington, DC-based political media consultancy Stevens & Schriefer Group. He served as a top strategist for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.
More about Stuart Stevens...