Start by marking “Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home” as Want to Read:
Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home

Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home (Original Bobbsey Twins #8)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  428 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Join the Bobbseys as they uncover suspense and mystery -- right in Lakeport!
Published August 30th 1990 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published March 1st 1930)

To ask other readers questions about Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home

Sharon
One does begin to wonder why Mrs. Bobbsey lets the younger set of twins leave the house! Inevitably, one or both of them lose their way.

In this story, the Bobbsey family returns from a visit to their uncle's farm. On the train, they meet Tommy Todd, one of the "fresh air" children from the city's poor. A charity organization takes these children to the country for some fresh air (hence the name). Of course, the Bobbseys befriend Tommy and their family goes about helping him and the grandmother w
Debbie Phillips
Oct 08, 2013 Debbie Phillips rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids 2nd or 3rd grade and up.. and adults
Another very good Bobbsey Twins book. This one, at home, centers around a young boy the Bobbsey's met on the train home from Meadow Brook, Tommy Todd. Tommy is a Fresh Air boy that has been in the country for a time to get him out of the hot city and into a place where he can run, be in the fresh air, get good meals for part of the summer. His mother died when he was very young, and soon after that his father left for sea. He stays with his grandmother in a bad part of the same town the Bobbsey' ...more
This book was the best Bobbsey Twins yet! Why? Tommy Todd for one. He was such a sweet boy, working so hard to take care of his Grandmother. The writing in this book also seemed to go up in quality by a notch. I am very eager for the next story.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
I read every Bobbsey Twins adventures I could get my hands on from the age of 9 through 11. Summers were wonderful and I could borrow from the library and read these books. I could borrow 8 books every 2 weeks. Soon, I needed more than that and had to fight the librarian for more books. Now, I can do 8 books in a day.
Linda
Growing up in the '50's, I owned and read the first 40 of the Bobbsey Twins. These are the books that first hooked me on reading. These old editions are terribly racist, but there are new ones that have eliminated that problem. But for this reason, I am not rating the series.
Darby
I spent a week or more at my Grandparents during the summer. They had all the Bobbsey Twin books and many Nancy Drew books. So I would lay in my Grandmother's garden and read. I remember enjoy all of the adventure of the Bobbsey Twins.
Willow
I'm working on entering all the books I've ever read. This book was one of them. I read this book when I was 10 years old.
Alan
The ending was great! Quite a surprise. What joy to hear my granddaughter squeal with glee at the outcome.
Macjest
This is my first Bobbsey Twins' book. I found it entertaining if a little unbelievable.
Veronica Lindsey
Cute children's book. Learned a little about preparing chestnuts in this book.
PWRL
Nov 26, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Lory Riddlemoser
Lory Riddlemoser marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Booklover
Booklover marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Mohammed
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Bobby Reiser
Bobby Reiser marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
  • Cherry Ames, Army Nurse (Cherry Ames, #3)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • The Secret Agent on Flight 101 (Hardy Boys, #46)
  • Discovering Hope
  • Strike the Match (The Teacup Novellas, #2)
The Bobbsey Twins are the principal characters of what was, for many years, the Stratemeyer Syndicate's longest-running series of children's novels, penned under the pseudonym Laura Lee Hope. Series written under this pseudonym include: The Bobbsey Twins (1904-), The Outdoor Girls (23 vols. 1913-1933), The Moving Picture Girls (7 vols. 1914-1916), Bunny Brown (20 vols. 1916-1931), Six Little Bunke ...more
More about Laura Lee Hope...

Original Bobbsey Twins (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport (Bobbsey Twins, #1)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country (Bobbsey Twins, #2)
  • The Secret at the Seashore
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at School (Bobbsey Twins, #4)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Bobbsey Twins on a Houseboat (Bobbsey Twins, #6)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City (Bobbsey Twins, #9)
  • The Bobbsey Twins on Blueberry Island (Original Bobbsey Twins #10)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery on the Deep Blue Sea (Bobbsey Twins, #11)
The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport (Bobbsey Twins, #1) The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country (Bobbsey Twins, #2) The Secret at the Seashore The Bobbsey Twins on a Houseboat (Bobbsey Twins, #6) The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at School (Bobbsey Twins, #4)