Start by marking “Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)

Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires #3)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  2,820 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Hooking up with a vampire has its risks-but getting pregnant usually isn't one of them. Tell that to Brittany Baldizzi, who finds herself in the family way with no father in sight. After their one night of passion, vampire Corbin Jean Michel disappeared off the face of the earth-or at least off the Vegas strip.

Corbin is a vampire with a cause, secretly trying to find a cu
Paperback, First Edition, 284 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Bled Dry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bled Dry

Jilly
Oct 30, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it
Cuter and more humorous than the previous books, this one is about a girl who is half-vampire that gets pregnant by a French full-vampire. She's a little worried, to say the least. What the hell is she going to give birth to? Will it be French?

Frenchy tries to reassure her:

"Our baby will be fine, I am convinced of it. This child is not a mutant, or an aberration, or an accident, but a child born of passion, and I am honored that you will be his mother."

Brittany felt some of the tension in her e
Cindyg
Nov 14, 2010 Cindyg rated it really liked it
Oh I loved this book. Brit and Corbin were one terrific couple, they sure had their obstacles but love got them through them. All the characters from the other books are back again and thank goodness. I love Ethan and Alexis so it was great to have them around.
This series is fun, hot and full of banter. Go ahead and give this series a try, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I have.
Highly recommend!!
Julie (jjmachshev)
Sep 29, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007-reads
This is one of those that you just have to read if you're following this series. Humorous novels about vampires in Vegas (well, where else would the bloodsuckers be?) and their political structure...
I'm enjoying the series, but this one would be between 3.5 and 4 stars...
J
Ness
Sep 02, 2011 Ness rated it really liked it
Dragana
Nov 20, 2012 Dragana rated it liked it
After two books, situation for vampires in Vegas is still very complicated. Vampire elections are still not over so Alexis & Ethan are still busy with them. But then additional complication occurs - Brittany, Alexis sister and human, is pregnant with a vampire scientist Corbin. It seems that two hundred year old vampire sperm is still not past its expiration date. ;)

As usual there is a lot going on in this book. Although focus is on the development of love story between Brittany & Corbin
Jenn Cordeiro
Jan 10, 2010 Jenn Cordeiro rated it it was ok
Not nearly as good as the one before it, and very predictable. It was missing the wit, humor and laugh out loud moments. If I wanted to read a book about breastfeeding I would have read what to expect when you're expecting.

And the Ringo/Kelsey storyline? Boring..... Snooze. And it goes nowhere.

It needs more Ethan/Alexis and Cara/Seamus.

And does every book end in someone getting married?
Diana
Sep 28, 2007 Diana rated it it was amazing
When Brittany finds out she's pregnant by vampire Corbin, she quickly finds herself drawn into danger, as her child would be 3/4 vampire and a desirable pawn in ancient vampire struggles.

Highly enjoyable. The addition of the baby storyline was great to read. Brittany is a great heroine, not too abrasive like her sister, but still secure in herself. She gets a little stubborn, but not overly so.
Amy
May 28, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Melinda
Dec 30, 2014 Melinda rated it liked it
Brittany Baldizzi is pregnant by a vampire who she barely knows. He promised to be a part of the pregnancy and baby’s life but it’s been eight weeks since she has seen him last. He’s sent flowers every week with a computer generated card reading, “Thinking of you, Corbin.” He said he was going to court her but in her opinion, he is failing big time to woo her. He did tell her that they had to be discreet because she is half vampire herself and a baby between a vampire and impure (half vampire) h ...more
Abby Mau
Mar 21, 2013 Abby Mau rated it really liked it
I have recently completed the book Bled Dry by Erin McCarthy. It is about a human who gets pregnant from a French vampire. It may have vampires in it, but I still like it because it is completely different from typical Twilight knock-off books. Before I read it, I didn't know it was the third book in the series. I wish I would have read the other ones. The good thing is the story still makes complete sense, so it is okay if you do not read the rest of the books in the series.

The main character’s
Aurian Booklover
Feb 10, 2013 Aurian Booklover rated it really liked it
In the very first book of this series, Brittany, Alexis’ little sister, was attracted to a lonely French vampire, and they spend a few minutes in her bed together. What Brittany did not count on, was getting pregnant from that one time of making love. Even though it was the best time in her life, she loved it when he bit her all over. But she hated it that she never saw him again after that night. She wants Corbin to be a part of their child’s live, so when her sister tells him that Corbin never ...more
Kathy Davie
Oct 21, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal, funny
Third in the Vegas Vampires funny paranormal-romance series based in Las Vegas.

The Story
Alex's baby sister, Brittany Baldizzi, discovers she's pregnant after a one-night stand with Corbin. Hey, you wouldn't think that would be such a big deal except. Brittany is an Impure, a half-vampire and half-human. Corbin is all vampire. A three-quarter vampire baby...well, that has all sorts of possibilities. Immortal. Without a need for blood. Able to walk in sunlight. An evolved vampire. A stronger vampi
Grete

Review originally published at BookThing! (Reviewed by Tracey Risebrow)

After one night (well, less than an hour!) of passion with Corbin Atelier, he disappears into thin air and Brittany finds herself pregnant. Not realising vampires could get mortals pregnant, to say she was shocked is an understatement. Worse, she has no way of knowing where Corbin is. When he resurfaces she has to tell him he is going to be a father but with no clue how he will react.

Corbin is a vampire embroiled in research
Angie
Jul 26, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, read-2013
I'm not usually one for stories of pregnancy, but when the mother is half-vampire and the father is a vampire, the results can be very interesting. Brittany is known as an Impure for her hybrid blood, but what will her baby be? Things get really scientific in Bled Dry and I loved it! This one is definitely the best so far.

I adore Corbin. He was such a broody loner in the previous books, but he really comes alive (figuratively) in this book. Brittany's bubbly personality definitely rubs off on hi
Stephanie
Jun 01, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This is the continuation of Brittany's love story with Frenchman Corbin from the first book High Stakes. At the very beginning she finds out she's pregnant from sleeping with him just the one time unprotected, after which he'd taken right off. She'd heard nothing more from him for weeks, maybe. Then she gets that bombshell laid on her. When she does tell him about the baby he acts just like a man and says he'll marry her, right like that, no declaration of love, or even like. Who wants that? She ...more
Jessica
Jun 04, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
this was a cute little fluff read but had alot of the same issues as the first two in the series. britanny went from a ditz to mama bear and really smart pretty fast which didnt feel very realistic. the hero wasn't bad but he was kinda wimpy feeling but that chould just be poor writing. he has something in his past that has the potential to create the tension I've been looking for but its only mentioned briefly and never in detail. the characters were cute together but there was no rel romantoc ...more
Sarah's Book Blog
Mar 15, 2012 Sarah's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
What a great book, if you are a mom you will love it even more!
Bled Dry was simply awesome! It is the 3rd book in the Vegas Vampire series by Erin McCarthy. It's Brittany Baldizzis turn for a story. In the first book she found herself drawn to outcast vampire Corbin Atelier a research scientist that is looking for a cure for vampirism. After one "awesome" night she finds herself pregnant. Bled Dry is funny, sexy and romantic with some action, throwing up and some baby boot camp. Out of the serie
Kathy
Dec 03, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
Cindy
Feb 13, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, 4-stars, vampire
On the first page of the book Brittany hears that she is pregnant. The father of the baby is vampire Corbin, with whom she had a one-night-stand. She hadn’t realised that vampires could get you pregnant. After that night she never heard again from Corbin.

She gets in contact with him and tells him about the baby. Corbin is happily surprised about it, but tells her he will keep a distance for the safety of the child. Brittany understands that, but she doesn’t like it that for the next 8 weeks he o
Barbara ★
The only thing I liked in High Stakes was Brittany and Corbin. The only reason I continued this series was to read about their HEA. Unfortunately it's a dud. It's a pregnancy reality show not a vampire romance. This story seriously got on my nerves. There was no romance between Brittany and Corbin. They had one encounter (sex within 5 minutes of meeting each other) and then nothing for 8 weeks! Not even a phone call. Brittany finds out she's pregnant and goes crying to Corbin. They have another ...more
K.R.Caldwell
Mar 07, 2011 K.R.Caldwell rated it liked it
Okay so again... Not as good as the first one, but still cute none the less. Maybe because Brittany, wasn't portrayed as someone strong enough to be in the mix with the rest of the other females from the first or second books. It was hard trying to accept her as the lead role in this book. I still loved her character, but she was more of the cut, girl next door.

So with that said, I have good news and bad news. The bad news first, I'm sorry to say that I have read the trailor for the 4th book in
Le Petit Chat
Dec 16, 2012 Le Petit Chat rated it it was ok
2.5/5 Meh it was an okay read.

So many things seem silly especially with regards to Ringo and Kelsey, you'd think all these 100+ year old vampires would have a better understanding of security not to be out-witted by a several-months old vampire and his "ditzy" vampire girlfriend. Seriously, both Kelsey and Ringo annoy me.

And of course now Donattelli is a sort-of good guy so I'm sure a few books from now he and Gwenna will get together, even the "super-bad" Gregor is boring and has a very ho-hum
Kim
Jan 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Corbin is a vampire with a cause, secretly trying to find a cure for his condition. But when he finds out Brittany is pregnant with his child, Corbin can't keep his paternal instincts fro
Amanda
Apr 15, 2009 Amanda rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: whoever started the Series b/c you've got to see it through to the end, its like a rule or something
Recommended to Amanda by: Books 1 and 2 :o)
Shelves: erin-mccarthy
This book was very hard for me to get through, in fact if it weren't for the small side stories I don't know if I could have finished it. Usually the Brooding Vampire with a good heart is right up my alley but Artlier just got on my ever loving last nerve, and sadly from book #1 till now Brittany didn't fair much better. I just couldn't connect to them at all. I can't really pin-point why though. I guess maybe I was disappointed in the characters and the developments between them and i guess the ...more
Elizabeth
This series is fun. I bought the 4 books used for cheap. If you can't tell by the neon covers and silly premise of Vegas vampires, it's complete fluff. These books are more romance than paranormal/fantasy and I read this book in about a day, but it doesn't take itself seriously and is a good time. There's no epic adventure or life or death quests or mystery or suspense, mostly a love story that moves really quickly and a good bit of vampire sex. It's light reading and the characters have fangs. ...more
Andrea
Jun 11, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it
I didn't get to read the second book before i read this one but i didn't really need to follow what was going on. (I am going to definitely read it later though ;) I really love moody vampires and if you do to then you'll love this book, and the first one ;), too. The characters are really complex and seem to really come to life and the drama feels true, if one could actually have a vampire baby that is. :) This series is amazing and if you're looking for a good vampire romance this is a series ...more
Melliane
je crois que j'ai plus apprécié ce tome que les deux premiers. Cette fois ci on se retrouve du point de vue de Brittany et de Jean-Baptiste, on se doutait que de toute façon ils allaient finir ensemble quoi qu'il se passe. Avec Brittany enceinte, il était drôle de voir le comportement de son compagnon. J'ai beaucoup aimé le moment où ils prennent tous les deux des cours d'accouchement.
Quand au fait de savoir qui était le père de Brittany, on va dire que j'ai trouvé ça un peu gros, mais bon on s'
Heather
Feb 25, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a pleasant addition to the Vegas Vampires Series. It wasn't as riveting as the first 2 books (and the 2nd one is still my favorite) but I enjoyed it all the same. My only complaint would be that the couple from the 1st book (Alexis & Ethan) are getting on my nerves with their constant bickering. I don't remember feeling that way while reading their own story, but now in this book it was just plain annoying.

I'm looking forward to what happens in book 4. All in all, a nice series so f
Jul 03, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: vegas-vampire, owned
Rebecca (Bec)
May 03, 2010 Rebecca (Bec) rated it really liked it
There is nothing as sexy as seeing a man staring loveingly at thier infant newborn.

So this wasnt as witty or funny as the last two books, however I still enjoyed watching Corbin and Brittney's awkward attempts at love. With all her books so far ,It has been so cute watching these big swarve and powerful men swallow thier pride a bit just to please thier new aged lovers.

I am looking foward to reading the next installment
Goodreads Librari...: Another, Delete or Combine 2 16 May 08, 2013 12:54AM
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating #4)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart #3)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires (Dark Ones #5)
  • Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)
  • Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...

Vegas Vampires (5 books)
  • High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1)
  • Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)
  • Sucker Bet (Vegas Vampires, #4)
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)

“Corbin wanted, quite simply, to die.

He had wished for death many times over his long lifespan, but never as fervently as he did while Beth Adams rattled off breastfeeding statistics, her baby sucking industriously, mouth fully around the entire areola, as Sam was quick to point out, finger outlining the area in question. Corbin was speechless.

-Corbin at Baby Boot Camp”
2 likes
“Corbin glanced around as his fellow classmates all crawled around the room, trying to get into the exercise, but all looking distinctly uncomfortable, except for Dave, whose enthusiasm had him zipping around the entire room. Travis had flopped onto his back.

"Is it time for my bottle and a bath yet?" he asked Corbin, and they both started laughing.

If this was Brittany's idea of normal, then Corbin was damn grateful they were probably never going to fit in.

-Corbin at Baby Boot Camp”
2 likes