Start by marking “Mouth To Mouth” as Want to Read:
Mouth To Mouth

Mouth To Mouth

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,842 ratings  ·  144 reviews
Police detective Russ Evans gets more than he had bargained for when he is assigned to watch gorgeous coffee shop owner Laurel Wilkins, supposedly the latest target of con man Trevor Dean, in a sensuous and witty novel of mistaken identity and romance.
Published January 1st 2005 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Mouth To Mouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouth To Mouth

Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas SparksIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
246th out of 2,917 books — 6,256 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
249th out of 2,028 books — 4,630 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawna
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

This is a very cute, funny, spicy romantic read with a sexy, rugged, alpha detective who finds himself completely out of his element when he goes all soft and mushy for a woman he meets on his latest police investigation. The last thing Russ wants or needs is a relationship because between his demanding job and raising his teenage brother Sean, there’s no time left for a personal life. Laurel is tired of being the perpetual “good girl” and living a somewhat shelter
Rane
When Laurel Wilkins is targeted by a con artist who steals from women whom he meets on the net, Detective Russ Evans is stuck between and rock and a hard place with using Laurel as bait to lure the con artist or find a way to get her into his bed for a wild fling that will leave both wondering if it’s more then a fling and more along the lines of love

This was such a cute read with nothing heavy in drama and more along the lines of couple dealing with their problems and meeting in the middle g
Corrine
Sep 08, 2009 Corrine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Corrine by: Shawna Razzaz
It’s very rare that I come across one five star book in a whole month, let alone two in one weekend. Saturday, I was fed up with reading book after book where the protagonists spend half the book bickering or just hating each other. It seems like no writer is willing to introduce genuine emotional tension, so they manufacture some reason that the hero and heroine can’t get along. Which is fine – once in a while. But book, after book, after book seemed to be like that, so I took a much-need break ...more
K.
Oct 02, 2009 K. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to K. by: Shawna Razzaz
"Mouth to Mouth" by Erin McCarthy; Present Day Contemporary Romance (with a splash of suspense) 4-1/2*

Russ and Laurel

After so many angsty and tortured heros, it was a nice switch to read this somewhat real life romance. Russ, a meat and potatoes/"every man" cop is coincidentally thrown together with Laurel, a sexily sweet girl next door (although of the "mansion next door" set) while investigating a local con who targets women and rolls them of their money. Ironically, the con that Laurel was su
Mojca
Russ Evans is floored when the woman he and his partner have been watching, hoping a con artist would approach her, jumps up from her table, calls him by his name, and hugs him. What the heck? How does the woman know him? And what does she mean she was waiting for him?

Well, maybe she meant that she was waiting for him because they had a date, and she knows him because they've been chatting online for the past month or so.
Only that Russ doesn't even own a computer and even if he did he wouldn't h
Miss Kim
Sep 15, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Mahlet, Shawna, Corrine
LOVED this book! It was like eating cotton candy and getting a secret thrill that tastes so good but I shouldn’t be eating it I had so much to do, but I couldn’t put this book down. Russ, Russ, Russ. He is currently my favorite hero. The always-do-the-right-thing cop that is a little put upon. He ranks right there with Ben Lawson from ‘Talk Me Down’.

He’s the guardian of his 13 year old brother since the death of his parents. He has been struggling with handling his own grief in the past year si
Julianna
Oct 19, 2009 Julianna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance or Erin McCarthy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" Mouth to Mouth was a pretty good book, but wasn't as amazing as I was expecting it to be based on other readers' glowing reviews. Normally, I'm not overly influenced by reviews, because I have found books that others hated which I loved and vice versa. This time, I must have been influenced more than usual though, because I think I went into reading this one with somewhat high expectations, only to finish it feeling a little disappointed and oddly unsatisfied.
Kathrynn
Sep 20, 2009 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Shawna, Kim and many others
4 1/2 Stars! This was a nice, modern romance with a hint of suspense thrown in the mix. Stir the pot and toss in some really hot scenes, comical dialogue and that sums of this little romance set in Cleveland, Ohio--in winter. Brrr. The cold temperature is mentioned in several places, so I felt it, too.

Nicely written. Neat characters: Laurel and Russ. Laurel was a deaf woman, age 25, who was finally ready to get out into the world and live. She used her mom as an excuse, but when her mom's chara
Mahlet
Loved this! Very funny, touching and HOT!

Laurel lost her hearing due to a childhood illness. She went off to college, and tried to assert her independence, studying to be a teacher. Once her father died and left her the house, she returned to her hometown to live with her mother and clerk at a candy shop. She enjoys what she does, but she’s tired of living a safe, unadventurous life…and one that includes no sex in the last 6 years! After some heated internet chatting with a gentleman using the
Adrienne
Sep 13, 2009 Adrienne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Adrienne by: Shawna Razzaz
Shelves: library-loan
I thought this book was brilliant!! funny and humourous,sometimes a little bit sad, sometimes thought provoking, sweet! OMG what more can I say other than just read the other reviews to get a good reason to read this!

The humourous one-liners had me chuckling away like a fool on the train:) but the underlying stories of who do you trust? how you treat fellow human beings? and the importance of just being 'who you are' were very strong for me.

It was refreshing to read such a sweet, sexy (yes hot
Dee
I feel like I read this but never marked it as read...hmmm
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4.5 "Bunny" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Emily
Russ Evans is a love em and leave em Cop, who although would never seek commitment with another woman, finds himself hunting down a con artist who seesks out dumpy women, has them fall in love, and than takes there money and runs. Currently Russ is staking out what looks to be his next victim, Laurel Wilkins. Something is not adding up though because the beauty through his binoculars is far from the women he chases, believing she is an accomplice, Russ just needs a closer look before deciding ho ...more
Daisiemae
Feb 27, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I like the author
I have read several books by Erin McCarthy. I haven't been disappointed in any of them so far. I think her characters are well developed, and the sexual chemistry as well as the relationship that develops between them is always well written.
Russ Evans is not looking for a relationship. Having the responsibility of raising his younger brother, dealing with the death of his parents and being a cop he does not have the time or the inclination to have a girlfriend.
Laurel Wilkins is looking for a se
Diane ~Firefly~
Jun 09, 2012 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Diane ~Firefly~ by: Shawna
Shelves: contemporary, romance, cat
Well if you are looking for a steamy romance with a hint of danger, this is the book for you.

What I enjoyed:
* Laurel. It is unusual to have a heroine with a handicap (she's deaf) and she's lived a sheltered life, but seems to be ready to take control.
* Sean. Poor kid has had his life turned upside down and his brother can't seem to figure out what to do.
* Cat and Jerry because they are cute together.
* Ferris, the cat was a definite character.

What could have been better:
* A little less steam and
Shadow
3.7 stars!

This was a pretty nice book. Not earth-shattering but nice. Sometimes,I got a little frustrated and angry with the main characters, but by the end, all the problems were solved and they weren't annoying at all. My favorite character was Sean, Russ's little brother. I thought he was just awesome and I felt for him. Character development was awesome.

I like reading books where either the girl or the guy, one of the main characters, have some kind of physical problem. Reading these books
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Hi. I'm Laural Wilkins. I'm deaf. (Well, rich and deaf but who's keeping track.) I feel a little lonely so I think I'll engage in some random sex with a random guy I met online. Well, the guy I thought I was meeting showed up. Except he wasn't the guy I was chatting with. Oh well. I guess I'll just have sex with him instead. He is hot and sexy after all.

If you can get over this brief digest of the opening of the book, they you'll probably really like the book. The sex was hot and fun (the candy
Celeste
Nov 10, 2008 Celeste rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance
There is something about the way Erin McCarthy tells a story that just appeals to me in every way. I have yet to read a book of hers that I haven't absolutely LOVED. This one is no different. I love the character development in this story and they're so easy to fall in love with. And FUNNY! There are so many moments that I find myself laughing out loud whenever I read ANY of her books.
Tasha
I really enjoyed this book because it kept me laughing throughout. Loved Russ and Laurel as well as Cat and Jerry. Cat and Jerry added even more humor to an already humorous story. Great chemistry between the two couples, and very steamy love scenes. Laurel is such a sweetie (or should I say "bunny" LOL) that you can't help but like her.
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
I love this book. I've read it several times now. It's one of the few books that I reread on a regular basis. I'm not normally a rereader. But I loved the 2 main characters. I'm not good a reviews so I don't know if I can even say why. Other than that the book makes me smile every time I read it even though I know what's going to happen.
Tracey
You have the perfect recipe for a classic romance novel. A strong yet stubborn male meets a slightly innocent but confidant woman and fall in love. There's a hint of a threat in the form of a con artist. And you even have the two best friends fall in love with each other. All in all, it's one of the best romances I've read.
Victoria
4.25 RATING- A cute and enjoyable contemporary story that I'm glad I took the time to read. While there is a suspense story line it is definitely secondary to the romance which develops between the two main characters, Russ and Laurel, and really only provides a backdrop for the relationship. No major suspense, no kidnappings, drama, etc.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Russ and Laurel and loved how protective this hero was over the heroine, who happened to be deaf. The steam level was
Katie(babs)
Erin McCarthy has done it again with Mouth to Mouth. Her latest book was so good that I didn't want it to end. It was witty, sexy and with a heroine who even though she has a disability, doesn't let that defer her from having a life and love. And the hero thinks he belongs on the dredges of society, that is until he meets the wonderful heroine and beings to feel worthy.

Laurel, is deaf and lives with her mother. She doesn't date much because of her disability and decides to use on-line dating to
Melann
Re Re-lecture

Le livre à perdu une étoile du fait je pense de la relecture multiple, plus de surprise. Mais une histoire toujours autant efficace dans le genre !
Cheap and Lazy
Make no mistake, this is a contemporary erotic romance. Think Lisa Marie Rice on laughing gas. The love scenes are both graphic and erotic (not necessarily the same thing). While there are many, they occur naturally in progression with the story. The heroine was wonderful. I felt her deafness added depth to her character and felt authentic. The hero was over-the-top alpha (which I love in a romance, especially an erotic one); the villain and other secondary characters well-drawn. The story was p ...more
The Pleasures Chest
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, very well written. Laurel is a 25 year old deaf woman who wants to be treated like every other normal independent woman and not a sheltered woman because of what others consider a disability. Russ is a cop who doesn't want a permanent relationship because of his job and he has to raise his teenage brother, who by the way starts off as a hellraiser. They meet while Russ is investigating a con-artist.

The book was funny, sexy and I also got choked up once or twice.
MountainKat
Very sweet story! I liked both the hero and the heroine. He was the tough cop, who really wasn't all that tough, taking care of his younger brother and never looking to settle down. She was the good girl, looking to be a little wild for once in her life. Add in a con man ripping off unsuspecting women for a little drama - also a good way to drive the hero crazy, and you get a really enjoyable book!
Hazel
This was in a pile of romance novels I borrowed while on holiday. I think it was the only one I finished. I was interested that the leading lady was deaf, and there were repeated references to a split between deaf people who sign and those who lip-read. This wasn't explored further, but I wondered if these were cultural differences, and how they might be perceived by deaf people.
Deaf or blind heroine 2 23 Aug 28, 2013 08:48PM
  • When Bruce Met Cyn (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • Do Over
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
  • Nearly a Lady
  • Get A Clue
  • Moving Target
  • Broken (Rafferty, #2)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #1)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) True (True Believers, #1) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“Then he was forming letters again, one at a time on her back, while Laurel clung to him, full of heart and body, still joined to him intimately. Wanting his words, needing them, moved profoundly by them.
I love you.
One letter after the other, until they were all there, telling her everything she needed to know here in the dark.”
3 likes
“Laurel watched his lips intently as he spoke. He thought it was pretty amazing that she knew what he was saying just from reading his lips. But it also meant a lot of times her eyes were on his mouth, not meeting his gaze. Which gave him the sneaky ability to watch her more closely than he could anyone else, without her thinking he was staring.” 3 likes