Start by marking “The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)

The Redeeming (Immortals #5)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  1,469 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
In the fourth Egyptian dynasty, time of Gaza pyramid building, goddess Isis mated with her priests, bore five Immortal brothers, to battle monsters, and maintain the light-dark balance. Seven centuries before the present, a lush female demon seduced red-hair Tain; the lovers vanished; ever since, she has regularly flayed her victim.

In Book 1, brother Adrian with good witc
Audio CD
Published August 1st 2009 by Audio Realms (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Redeeming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Redeeming

MaggieReadsRom
Jul 07, 2010 MaggieReadsRom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
It's been more than a year since Samantha Taylor was involved in Tain's rescue from the Old One (ancient demon) who was holding him captive for over seven centuries. She fell in love with Tain that night but after his rescue he leaves without looking back, to heal from the torture he went through. Samantha has moved on and finds satisfaction in her work for the paranormal division of the LAPD.
More than a year after his brothers and Samantha freed him from Kehksut Tain is still a long way from he
Linda
Jul 23, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Tain spent the last sevenhundred years as a slave to a Demon, tortured and forced to fight his own brothers. Now that hes finally free, he cant seem to find the will to feel again. If it wasnt for Samantha, the half Demon who awoke feelings in him when facing the end.
Could it ever be something, or should he resolve to just keep her safe?
Samanthas investigating demon murders when her father drops a bomb, shes to meet his family, the Clan. When the investigation comes too close to home, can she c
Lover of Romance
Samantha is half demon and half human; her father was demon and her mother human. Most of her life she despised her father for what she thought he did to her mother. However lately she see's more of him, and her heart softens toward him. About a year ago, she helped save Tain from being in captivity by a powerful demon for over 700 years. Tain still suffers affects from being imprisoned for over 700 years being a captive and being tortured. Its been a year, and Samantha still thinks about Tain, ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

In 2007, there was a four book series called “Immortals” written by three popular authors, Jennifer Ashley, Robin Popp, and Joy Nash. The series was about five brothers, children of a mortal father and different goddesses. Their destiny was to preserve the balance between life magic and death magic, but as the years passed humankind forgot about them and they each went their separate ways. I enjoyed reading the series, but was always bothered tha
Mindy
Of all the books in the series I've read so far, this is the best. Tain is compelling and haunted; Samantha is tough but willing to love. The side characters (excluding the other Immortals and their wives) are entertaining and add a depth to this novel that the others lacked. Considering the other novels, I wasn't expecting this one to grab my attention so thoroughly, but it caught and held it all the way to the end!
Andrea
Feb 01, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read all the books in this series & I knew I'd love this one the most (or I thought), because it was about Tain. He is tortured, he is powerful, he is broken and he is sexy.. There are a lot of layers to him & I knew Sam would be what he needed.
I knew all of this.. I knew the story would be painful.. and yet, I still hated the things he had to go through AGAIN!! and I definitely didn't like what path he was forced to walk again.
At the end of the book I didn't feel happiness for T
Hope
May 31, 2014 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a book that makes me sigh with girly love and cry, my heart wrenching with an inability to comfort. Wanting more than anything to wrap my arms around a character and hug them, to say, "I know it hurts now but it will be ok!" Then to watch happily as it all rolls into place and actually is ok! :-)

Tain is such an enigma. Violent and out of control one moment, penitent and begging for help the next. I wanted to hate him! There were times I really did hate him. Yet through it all I had hope t
Hope
May 14, 2014 Hope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Tain is free of the demon world but he's not healed yet either. He came to Los Angeles to gain perspective he wouldn't get in Ravenscroft. Tain dreams of Samantha "Sam" Taylor like a bad penny. Samantha "Sam" Taylor is a paranormal cop living in Los Angeles. Sam is part demon that doesn't really know much about her demonic heritage. Sam has been in love with Tain just being near him in Seattle. Sam is undercover posing as a buyer for Mindglow. All hell breaks loose during Sam's stakeout which in ...more
Nadjab
Sep 28, 2014 Nadjab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zum Inhalt: Die Jahre der Folter durch Kekshut sind an Tain nicht spurlos vorbei gegangen: Er ist der stärkste der Unsterblichen, hat aber dafür mit regelmäßig mit Albträumen zu kämpfen und steht am Rande des Wahnsinns. Damals konnte ihn nur Samantha gemeinsam mit seinen Brüdern retten, deshalb ist er zu ihr nach Los Angeles gezogen. Aber er geht ihr aus dem Weg, denn sie ist eine Halbdämonin und er hat Angst, dass er süchtig ist nach todesmagischer Energie ist und deshalb sich von ihr angezogen ...more
☂ ℬrandi

Samantha Taylor is half-demon, LAPD paranormal police investigator working undercover. She posing as a demonwhore, trying to bust Merrick, a vampire and club owner, who she suspects of using an illegal drug called Mindglow on human victims. It's the equivalent to a demon date-rape drug and when ingested it makes humans compliant victims and allows a demon to siphon human life essence-an essential part of a demon's diet. When two demons burst into the club Sam is taken by surprise when Tain, who
May Mostly Romance
หลังจากผิดหวังกับฝีมือของเธอในชุดนีสองเลม (The Calling และ The Gathering)ทำใหแมกซลังเลอยูพอสมควรกอนทีจะตัดสินใจหยิบเลมนีมาอาน แตสุดทายกสนุกขนาดทีวางไมลง แมจะตองไปวิงหนีตำรวจทียิงปืนเขาใสประชาชนกตาม

กอนอืนเราขอบอกวา ไมคอยแนใจนักสำหรับคนทีไมเคยอานชุดนีมากอนวาจะอินไปกับตัวพระเอกไดเทากับแมกซไหมนะคะ แมในสวนของพลอตจะไมเกียวของกับสีเลมแรกเลยกตาม แตถาคุณตองการจะเขาใจเทน แมกซคิดวาสีเลมแรกเปนสิงทีคุณควรตองอานมากอน มิฉะนันคุณจะไมชืนชมเทนมากอยางทีเขาสมควรไดรับ

ตามสูตรหนังสือโปรดของแมกซคะ เทนเปนตัวรายในสีเลมแ
Emily
Mar 10, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tain, an immortal warrior, was captured by a demon, an Old One for 700 years. His brothers and their girlfriends managed to save him, but he's still not back to normal. Samantha is half-demon and also a cop. She was instrumental in Tain's rescue, but isn't sure she wants any more to do with him after that. When someone starts kidnapping young demon women and cutting out their hearts, Samantha and Tain are thrown back together to figure out who's doing it.
Jennifer Ashley delivers another entranci
Laura the Highland Hussy
Tain was tortured for 700 years, and the one bright spot in his awful tragic existence came at the very end in a half-demon cop named Samantha.
Samantha fell in love with Tain the first second she saw him, completely mad and hell-bent on destroying the world, pet to a demon. But he looked at her and told her she was innocent.
A year and a half later, he's moved to LA to be near her, but she doesn't know. Then he brings to her attention the deaths of some demon-girl prostitutes and their adventure
Kayz
Jan 02, 2015 Kayz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting look through the veil!

Jennifer Ashley, Robin Popp and Joy Nash have written a series that puts a satisfying spin on the whole witchcraft/demon/vampire end of the world genre. Using the five immortal brothers to battle evil is genius! The storylines are compelling and well written. Each author put her own spin in her story, yet each book blends into the other. Job well done ladies!
Hbeebti
Man I have been waiting to read Tains book. I don't want to say to much, but to get to this point after all that he has endured made me nervous and excited to start this book. So this book takes place a year and half after the last book. Poor guy! I think that Samantha was perfect for him . I had hope that it would be about all him healing and love . I know sappy but he deserves it. No more pain. Damn it just when I thought no more pain he gets more. WTH? I cant even say why that upset me w/out ...more
Richard Fish
Sep 10, 2014 Richard Fish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

This was a sweet read the series I sell worth reading.the combo of authors do well complimenting each book with the characters involved worth the time to enjoy the books.
Vivian
Feb 01, 2014 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a re-read for me. This story is the best out of the series. I read Adrian and Hunter's story, but they were not as good. I liked the suspense and the plot, it kept me guessing till the end. When Sam and Tain came together at the end, I loved it!
Jay
Feb 03, 2014 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I love Jennifer Ashley I was slightly disappointed in this last book of the series. Maybe because the main character Tain was too needy and the plot at times seemed to float around in different directions.
Rosi
Jul 01, 2013 Rosi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, paranormal
I gave it two stars because I was mislead by the cover description. The first two lines state: "He is going to take her. And it won't be gentle." Silly of me to think that the main man will be Alpha who knows what he wants and will get it by any means. It was quite the opposite. There was a lot of "I want her, but must stay away, so I will act like a jerk." I was in the mood for chocolate but got vanilla instead!
Perhaps if I wouldn't have been so persnickety, I may have rated it much higher. The
Angel Conley
Sep 20, 2016 Angel Conley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love the series and this book in particular with Tain and Samantha! I think it's a beautiful story <3
Night Goddess
Awesome ending for Tain and Sam......Tain deserves nothing but happiness after so much suffering......I love this series!!!! ...more
Paraphrodite
May 22, 2014 Paraphrodite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2014
Good to see Tain has his HEA. Of all the Immortal brothers, he had the hardest time and really deserves it.
Kim
Apr 14, 2014 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very formulaic. I like the stories of all the different immortals but once you read 2 of them, you know what to expect from the rest. Good escape reading but not riveting.
Somsri Hawkins
Nov 20, 2014 Somsri Hawkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series.
Teresa Spooner
Jul 23, 2014 Teresa Spooner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tain is finally happy, good book to read
ARe Cafe
Feb 02, 2014 ARe Cafe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loris-picks
Lori's staff pick for the week of 2/2/14.
Diana
Sep 18, 2008 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tain has spent the last year recovering from the madness he incurred during 700 years of torture and captivity to an Old One. Running across half-demon cop Samantha may prove dangerous, but he needs her help to stop a demon serial killer.

A dark but enthralling read, dealing with the aftermath of Tain's torture, which does not resolve quickly. The relationship between Sam and Tain is difficult to decipher, and doesn't progress like past Immortals. Like others, though, it's full of dark and sinist
Natalie
Jun 13, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in this multi-author series. The storyline is still very intriguing even though the BIG STORY of the first 4 books is over. It ends up that there are plenty of other Old Ones down in the demon world looking to make their mark on the world. So, every side character that you read about in the first series is fixing to get their own story to be the main character in, starting with the Mighty Tain himself. Otherwise, it's the same type of Paranormal Romance as the previous 4 books.
Gypsie Holley
How romantic! I loved this. I hardly ever come across a novel these days when you have a chance to read about an actual proposal of marriage, the exchange of rings and then great sex afterwards. I was like, aaaawwww.... I couldn't wait to read about Tain. I loved Samantha and they were perfect for each other. I was not disappointed at all.

Best Quotes from book:

"No one has to go very far to find themselves." ---Tain

"Small snake, large sword." ---Adrian

• The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon #8)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • The Cat (Sons of Destiny, #5)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Master of Fire (Mageverse #6)
  • Serati's Flame (Vampire Council of Ethics, #2)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night #2)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

Immortals (8 books)
  • The Calling (Immortals, #1)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Gathering (Immortals, #4)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • Forbidden Taste (Immortals, #8)

“There are no right and wrong choices,” Tain said trying to keep his voice gentle. “There is only what we do with the choices we make.” 1 likes