Start by marking “Insight Guides Rome (Insight Guides. Rome)” as Want to Read:
Insight Guides Rome (Insight Guides. Rome)

Insight Guides Rome (Insight Guides. Rome)

Designed for the explorer, the Step by Step travel series gets tourist up close and personal with themed routes and itineraries for some of the most intriguing places in the world. Local writers give lively overviews of the destination. Eye-catching spreads and clear, modern maps combine to create the ideal companion for an invigorating journey off the beaten path.
Published November 15th 2007 by Insight Guides (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Insight Guides Rome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insight Guides Rome

Kevin de Ataíde
Glossy tourist guide, with many pictures, detailed maps and short introductions to various items of interest. The maps have been the most useful, although they have been misleading at least twice.

Disappointing is the rather short descriptions of the Christian character of the city; the descriptions of the churches and especially of the Vatican City and museums is desperately inadequate. There is also very little practical information about using the public transport systems; there is no map of
Catherine Woodman
Much like the DK Publishing guides, these have a ton of pictures--these are organized more to my liking, but only modestly better--I think they are helpful for me in planning a trip, looking at what might be good places to go and see, but I don't like them for the actual travel to a place. Too busy and hard for me to read.
Brian
Sep 13, 2008 Brian rated it it was amazing
Along with the Rick Steves books, I experience the hi-lights of Rome while still getting the locals point of view.
Suzan
Suzan rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Leni
Leni rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Meiska
Meiska rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2011
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Joao Gil
Joao Gil marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014