Introduction to Econometrics (Addison-Wesley Series in Economics)

Introduction to Econometrics (Addison-Wesley Series in Economics)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In this new textbook by distinguished econometricians James H. Stock and Mark W. Watson, real-world questions and data from actual empirical studies open a window through which the vitality and relevance of econometrics come into clear focus. The breadth of topics - including an introduction to program evaluation, panel data methods, instrumental variables regression, and...more
Hardcover, Second Edition, 796 pages
Published July 31st 2006 by Addison Wesley (first published March 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Introduction to Econometrics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introduction to Econometrics

Joecolelife
Mar 24, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com Online Bookstore
This is a great and well written book with clear examples. It is very readable.

When I took intro econometrics in colleges, I zoned out a lot in class and never understood anything. All the metrics I learned were from reading this text. Chapters 4 and 5 (Linear and Multiple Regression) is particularly good and sets a firm foundation of understanding. Clear, easy to understand, with great examples!

I've never used the Woolridge text so I can't comment on that, but this book is superb for understa...more
Joseph
This is a decent undergraduate econometrics textbook, but I think that "Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach" by Jeffrey Wooldridge is a much better choice for learning econometrics. For this book, the Introduction to Econometrics website provides some useful links and resources.
Jake Losh
Stock's Introduction to Econometrics is probably the best undergrad text I've found on regression, explaining even some fairly advanced topics in an accessible way. I've used it extensively to try to understand some of the hairier concepts I've been dealing with in my first-year grad sequence.
Eric
This book is appropriate as a gentle introduction to econometrics (the application of statistical methods to economic theory). The book is well-written and the authors focus on insuring that the book does not fly over the heads of beginners.
Stephen Cranney
People who have a knack for statistics tend to not have one for explaining statistics, but this book is one of the most accessible textbooks out there. Thorough but readable.
Obaid Gill
Obaid Gill marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jul 26, 2014
Somi
Somi marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Seilanhiep
Seilanhiep marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Tien Dat
Tien Dat marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Kernel
Kernel marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Md. Ataul
Md. Ataul marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Daryan
Daryan marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Hassan
Hassan added it
Feb 16, 2014
Bitcoin
Bitcoin marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Berhanu Tesfay
Berhanu Tesfay marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Maheletm.
Maheletm. is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2013
Vân Anh
Vân Anh marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Pavlos Theodorou
Pavlos Theodorou marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
A Libreros
A Libreros marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Ha
Ha added it
Nov 21, 2013
Okita
Okita is currently reading it
Oct 25, 2013
Rahulbr
Rahulbr marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Intro to Econ 2 5 Dec 26, 2009 11:49AM
Introduction to Econometrics Introduction to Econometrics, Brief Edition Introduction To Econometrics Introduction to Econometrics Introduction to Econometrics CourseCompass Student Access Kit