Start by marking “A Coffin for Dimitrios/Judgement on Deltchev/Passage of Arms: Three Complete Novels in One Volume” as Want to Read:

From the smoky world of bars, cafes, trains and nighttime cities of Southern Europe to the color and turmoil of Southeast Asia, Eric Ambler creates the perfect backdrop for these three tension-filled tales of intrigue and espionage--all bestsellers from the author whom Graham Greene called "our greatest thriller writer."
Published December 15th 1992 by BBS Publishing Corporation (first published 1992)

Be the first to ask a question about A Coffin for Dimitrios/Judgement on Deltchev/Passage of Arms

Feb 12, 2017 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ambler is a under-appreciated author. I you like Graham Greene or John LeCarre, I recommend you spend a weekend with this anthology. His stories are always a sort of everyman who for one reason or another gets involved with unexpected dangerous situations. Picture a character played by Joseph Cotton. (Now that I type this, "A Coffin for Dimitrios" is much like "The Third Man").

The books are written in the fifties and sixties, but I find their datedness attractive, as is, for instance, Somerset M
Dec 12, 2009 Robert rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, I finished A Coffin for Dimitrios. There are two other novels in the book by Eric Ambler, and I have started Judgement on Deltchev. I found A Coffin... interesting, but the characters were not engaging particularly. It was only the details of the story that really kept me going. I found the ending disappointing and abrupt, and if the second of the three novels is not an improvement, I won't bother with the third. As espionage novels go, I don't think it holds a candle to the things I've re ...more
Stefan Tirtey
Stefan Tirtey rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Susan Mayhew
Susan Mayhew rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Jordan
Jordan rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Sarah Nichols
Sarah Nichols rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Kirk Blecha
Kirk Blecha rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Srinivas Veeraraghavan
Srinivas Veeraraghavan rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2007
John O
John O rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Jeff Carter
Jeff Carter rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
David
David rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2007
Eastsaxony
Eastsaxony rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2012
Tom Hannis
Tom Hannis marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Mark Berniker
Mark Berniker marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Maggie Connolly
Maggie Connolly marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Joseph.pariseau
Joseph.pariseau marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Amy Jones
Amy Jones marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Brunda Mahishi
Brunda Mahishi marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
E Kusek
E Kusek marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Rita O'Connell
Rita O'Connell marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Nikhil Dhand
Nikhil Dhand marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Tehila
Tehila marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Donald Klontz
Donald Klontz marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2017
Zsa Zsa
Zsa Zsa marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2017
Eric Ambler began his writing career in the early 1930s, and quickly established a reputation as a thriller writer of extraordinary depth and originality. He is often credited as the inventor of the modern political thriller and John Le Carre once described him as 'the source on which we all draw.'

Ambler began his working life at an engineering firm, then as a copywriter at an advertising agency,
More about Eric Ambler...