Blank-133x176
After School Nightmare 6

Setona Mizushiro

After School Nightmare 6 (放課後保健室 / Houkago Hokenshitsu / After School Nightmare #6)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  616 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Depuis leur nuit ensemble, Kuréha et Mashiro filent le parfait amour ; la première ayant vaincu ses démons, et le second assumant enfin pleinement son identité masculine. Pourtant, Mashiro est encore ébranlé par la révélation d'Aï : So n'est autre que l'armure qui a révélé son secret lors du premier cours à l'infirmerie. Convaincu que l'apparence des participants dans les...more
Published (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about After School Nightmare 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After School Nightmare 6

Sophia F
4.5 stars.
Mashiro has been so indecisive and inconsistent it is making me very angry with this series.
I mean, make up your mind! So you wanna be a man? Act like it!
Oh my goodness Sou walked by, 'giggle', oh crap no imma guy! A GUY!! But Sou's so cute even though he's a total jerk maybe I'll be a girl for him... NO. IMMA GUY FOR KUREHA AND I WILL BE HER PRINCE.

-_- seriously, he needs to make up his mind already.

'Sigh,' well, I'm extremely frustrated, and the only characters I actually LIKE kee...more
Susan
Chocobox
Let me see if I can talk about this without babbling [ETA: nope.]: Mashiro has grown up as a boy, but actually he's half girl (specifically, the lower half of his body is that of a girl). After noticing that students around him are disappearing, he's called to a special nurse's office and begins participating in a mysterious "class" that takes place in a dream world. The students all appear as they really are inside their heart (apparently in our hearts we are things like suits of armor and face...more
Robin
I continue to adore this series. Oh, the drama! (preview copy from publisher). Having now finished it, I'm once again on pins and needles awaiting the next book.

My favorite thing about Setona Mizushiro? Her relatively realistic psychology. She loves getting into people's foibles, hang ups, and phobias, and the fantastical landscape of the dream world she's created in this series lets her lovely art bring all of that to the forefront of the story. Also, unlike the five million other manga series...more
Lauren
As Ichijou Mashiro’s hard kept secret is revealed to his classmates, Mashiro’s dream world is turned upside down. The after-hours class Mashiro signs up for is not at all what he expects it to be. Passing the class is his only chance of graduation and the horrors he finds there are only the beginnings to the mysteries yet to be revealed.

This dark series is filled with controversial and emotional issues that take the reader on a journey through what the characters are feeling and what they experi...more
Su
Two more graduations (only one of whom was a Dream Class regular--one more identity revealed! w00t!) and a shocking turnaround in Mashiro and Kureha's relationship. As I've said before, Kureha has really developed well in these last few volumes. The more she heals her mental damage, the more she's willing to face the realities of Mashiro's growing inner conflict. She makes a very brave decision in this volume which forces Mashiro to come to an important realization of his own. Meanwhile, Sou has...more
Zac Chase
next book in the series.

china/japan and in a dream realm.

his girl side is coming out and is feeling more toward sou now instead of kureha.

sou is dynamic. he is head strong, bland, and moody. page 113 " would you rather i push you"

when you lie your only hurting your self.

dont do reading strategy.

i loved it.
Julie
I keep giving all these volumes the same number of stars. But that's how I feel. Just sort of eh.

In a previous volume, the translator notes mentioned epicanthic folds. And had it all backwards! That it's Caucasians that have the folds, that the folds are desirable to some Japanese, so that they have surgery. I mean, seriously? This is the factual little cultural notes you're going to include for us in the back of the manga? And you're going to get it wrong? Seriously?

But, about this volume... sk...more
Jj Le
The ending page leaves you wanting book 7. I can't wait to read After School Nightmare. Every character secrets are coming out, and almost every character is being defeated in the dream or their graduating.

I can't wait to see the outcome for Mashiro.
Treasure
Finally! Progress in the Thursday after school class is being made! Mashiro finally ends things with Kureha and is less torn over Sou (who I think is a jerk). I am still enjoying the serious, deeply personal topics that are covered in this series.
Joy
This series just gets better and better; several developments in this volume really surprised me, and they suggest that Mizushiro may deal with some of the built-in gender issues better than I had hoped.
Mely
As with V.5, Mizushiro went someplace I had not dared hope she would go. I begin to suspect the ending of the series will not leave me tearing my hair out in rage after all.
Rebecca Honeycutt
The more I read from this series, the more disturbing I find it and it's notions about gender roles. And yet I CANNOT STOP. It's unhealthy.
Nawal Al Hosani Scorpion DOADA
Excellent Fantasy Story Comparing Dream World with reality............. Amazing...............
Kat Couch
An interesting read. The twists can make it a tricky one but that is part of the appeal.
Timothy
Odd. I'm more interested in the stories of the side characters, then of our main trio..
Alicia
I'm so confused. Ironically, so is Ichijo.
JustWorkAlready
luuuuurved it! it was interesting...
Kristelle
This volume leaves me wanting more.
Elle
Elle added it
Aug 21, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
  • Godchild, #5
  • Cantarella Vol. 1
  • Loveless, Volume 6
  • Antique Bakery, Volume 4
  • Tramps Like Us, Vol. 2
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
  • Her Majesty's Dog Vol. 4 (v. 4)
320741
Mizushiro Setona (水城 せとな or 水城雪可奈) is a popular manga-ka (Japanese comics creator) who started out in the dōjinshi (self published manga) circles. Her first real dabble in the world of creating manga was in 1985 when she participated in the publication of a dōjinshi. She remained active in the dōjinshi world until her debut in 1993 with the short single "Fuyu ga Owarou Toshiteita" (Winter Was Endi...more
More about Setona Mizushiro...
After School Nightmare, Volume 1 After School Nightmare, Volume 2 After School Nightmare, Volume 4 After School Nightmare, Volume 3 After School Nightmare, Volume 5