Start by marking “Star incognito” as Want to Read:
Star incognito

Star incognito

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  20,376 Ratings  ·  793 Reviews
C’est toujours sur moi que ça tombe : je suis chargée d’accueillir un nouvel élève au lycée. Sauf que le nouveau, c’est Luke Striker, la super star du ciné ! Le souci, c’est qu’il est là incognito. Et l’autre souci, c’est que je suis la seule dans le secret…
Poche, 315 pages
Published July 9th 2008 by Le Livre de Poche Jeunesse (first published January 1st 2004)

Tabatha
You can check out more reviews by me on my blog:

I liked this book, in ways that I really didn't think I would. I had pre-conceived ideas about Teen Idol (I mean, reading the back cover synopsis who wouldn't?) But Meg Cabot did something she tends to do a lot --something I tend to forget and therefore don't give her credit for-- she surprised me!

(view spoiler)
Mishma
Dec 29, 2015 Mishma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teen Idol was the book which changed my opinion of ‘pink covered books’.After going through a lot of hideously pink covered ‘Mary Kate and Ashley’s and ‘Hannah Montana’s in the library shelves,I was actually disgusted with the colour pink.

So you can imagine my eagerness to read Teen Idol.Note my sarcasm.It was also my first book by Meg Cabot.And from what they say “First impressions are the best ones”,I thought she is one of those authors who write nonsense.

But,boy,I was wrong.Teen Idol was abso
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Spreeha for TeensReadToo.com

Jenny Greenly has been everybody's best friend or, like her REAL best friend called her, mayonnaise. She even helps out people with them not knowing it's her. You see, Jen is the secret advisor, Annie, who people go to to solve their personal relationships. She does the layout and the other secret thing (being Annie) for the Clayton High School Register in Clayton, Indiana. Of course, only the editor-in-chief of the newspaper and a few other administrators
Marlee
Apr 11, 2011 Marlee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Miriam
Sweet and romantic. I found it extremely satisfying. This is one of those reads when after a tiring day, you just lean back against your couch, prop your feet up on a stool and start to read. It was nice to see that the heroine- a character who always has to be the "nice" person, grow up into someone who can actually take a stand. I found Luke and Scott extremely lovable as well; they're just perfect.

Paige Miller
Feb 20, 2008 Paige Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: River, Jordan, christen,
Very good. Please try it! I loved it. Girl next door gets to be a movie star's school guide, discovers her love has been with her all along.
Lila
Dear Annie,

I love him. He doesn't know I'm alive. What do I do now?

Desperate

Dear Desperate,

When you figure that out, could you please let me know?
Because I haven't the foggiest idea.

Annie

Jen

Jen's your typical 'girl-next-door.' She's nice, she's caring and she will always be there to wipe your tears.
Jen was, what you would call, a 'goody-two-shoes,' and could get away with a few things.
Luke, a teenage heart throb, and once he got to know her a little, had told Jen that she could make a differ
Howdy YAL
To see full review and Hollywood Analysis click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

I often forget about Teen Idol and it's not because it's a bad book, in comparison's to Meg's other titles this one is sort of....well, just there.

The book itself has fairly decent characters and it the storyline is solid enough. But it's nothing special. And perhaps that's what my problem with it is.

The plot is pretty generic, good girl Jen's life is changed when movie star Luke Striker shows up in her
Deondra Cherry
Mar 26, 2014 Deondra Cherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meg Cabot’s “Teen Idol” was one of the most relatable books I’ve ever read. In this book Jenny has to try to keep teen star, Luke’s, identity a secret. It turns out this wouldn’t be as easy as she thought.

I’ve never been able to relate to a book as much as I do now. Just like Jenny, I often help a lot of people with their problems. I know how hard it is to keep secrets, that are worth telling. This book is also relatable to “ How to be Popular”, also by Meg Cabot. In this book both of the lea
Steph Su
Feb 23, 2009 Steph Su rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, comfort-read
Even better than The Princess Diaries series, TEEN IDOL is the story about a girl-next-door who learns to use her influence to change the world. (Okay, not the world. But at least the people at her high school.)

Nice girl Jenny Greenley has a secret position on the school newspaper: she's Ask Annie, the unofficial school psychologist who gives advice to anyone who writes in. Only the school administrators and Scott Bennett, her friend and the newspaper's editor-in-chief, know about her extra job
Krithika Sundar
Meg Cabot is the master of short but inspiring reads.

It doesn't matter whether you aren't a great at anything you need a good heart .

Jenny is this normal girl at school and she's the nice girl. Puts up with everything and picks fights with no one. She's assigned to help Luke, the new guy at school but the catch is he's an actor that wants to get a feel of high school where he can be a normal guy without being recognised and do some method acting for his next movie. Every girl is literally in lov
Kylah Polidore
Sep 19, 2014 Kylah Polidore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fafa's Book Corner
I will also write a full review for this one. At some point.
Briza Ramirez
Mar 18, 2014 Briza Ramirez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meg-cabot
By Meg Cabot
320 pgs
HarperTrophy
ISBN: 0060096187

Jenny Greenley, a high school junior, is the greatest at keeping secrets. Because of this ability, she's the anonymous advice columnist in the school newspaper. She's so good at keeping secrets that she's the only one who knows the true identity of Mr. Hot Hot Hollywood star, Luke Striker. Because Luke makes it so difficult, soon everyone, meaning everyone, knows his secret and Jenny is involved in this big chaos.

I like the writing style of
Andrea Hussey
Another typical Meg Cabot book. I just don’t like it because it’s so unrealistic and childish. Like a young girl wishing to be with a movie star, the whole princess, fairy tale type thing that I just don’t go for. Meg Cabot is all about these plots that would never happen in real life. How many movie stars would come to somebody’s high school like this?

And the style is writing is the most annoying I’ve ever read. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be funny or what, but having the character say, “I
Ruhama
May 01, 2009 Ruhama rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Jen cannot believe that Luke Striker (of TV and movie fame) is coming to her high school in her podunk town in Indiana. AND that she’s been asked to keep his identity a secret while showing him around as he observes what a day in the life of a high school student is like.
Eventually his cover is blown, and girls everywhere are screaming that they love him and they can’t believe that Jen knows him, etc. etc. Jen also decides to take a stand and not be the nice girl that everyone likes anymore—she’
Rashda
May 29, 2010 Rashda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Myra Khan
Jenny Greenley is "Ask Annie", the writer behind the advice column in the school newspaper. Jenny handles everybody's problems and always makes sure to smooth things over, thus making her everyone's friend. But when teen heartthrob and superstar Luke Striker comes to their small town, Jenny finds out that maybe it's more important to stand up for what you believe in than to try and make the rest of the world happy.

Ugh. Big disappointment. :/ I read 70/30. That is, 70% for plot and 30% for writin
Praetor Reyna,
This has reminded me of why I love reading Meg cabot's books. Her strong heroines are the absolutely BEST.
I really like Jen. She's... mayonnaise. Yes. She smoothes over everything, and cares about everyone.
She helped Cara, doesn't hold grudges, and has a spunky personality. Olus the fact she doesn't go moony-eyed over the movie-star.
I really really really liked this book. It had no posessive girls, or fighting with the 'In' Clique- mainly because everyone likes Jen. This book switches between J
Natali
Okay, first things first. I have some odd connections to the main characters of the story. Usually, I'll find a book where it's like, "omg! They like acting too? And they like photography? What a coinky-dink!" But there were some seriously weird connections to me and this main character. 1) She lives in Indiana. 2) She loves reading and finds the chance to argue about them with anyone. 3) She is also in show choir. 4) She is also an alto. 5) She is a junior in high school. 6) She is on her schoo ...more
Aiman Rahim
The only reason I continued reading this book when I started it was because I had high expectations...Until I found myself on the last page.

The plot BORED me. It was just too predictable. Meg Cabot can come up with such awesome story lines for her books yet decided to make this cliché with no purpose.

Time for inconveniences!
The only disguise for a superstar who everyone knows is a damn pair of glasses. Sunglasses. What ever. And it works. Wow, just wow.

This girl (main character) is well known f
Tringa
Jul 29, 2010 Tringa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to be a huge Meg Cabot fan. I loved her books in middle school! When I heard about this book, I became very curious to read it and I made a good choice! It was a page turner and had an interesting plot. It's about an average girl, Jenny, who ends up being assigned as this huge Hollywood's star's guide at school. Her high school, located in Indiana, is not used to having stars like Luke Striker (who just so happens to be a huge teen idol) attend. Jenny is required to keep his identity a se ...more
Kim
Aug 31, 2007 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: Finished this on my way to work this morning. Overall, not a huge fan. I do think it partially had to do with the fact that the girl's voice really annoyed me, but overall, I just didn't enjoy the story all that much. It wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't my cup of tea at all. I'm wondering if her other books are better...

I am actually listening to this book in the car right now, because I went out of town this weekend and the CD I made didn't work. So I went to the library to get a boo
Trisha W.
Jan 04, 2010 Trisha W. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, read2010
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the character of Jenny. She kind of reminded me in high school actually. Everyone always came to me with their problems, not that I ever asked them to, but they did. In some ways it was nice to know people trusted me enough to tell me these things, but in other ways I wish I would have been listened to more. Which is the same thing that Jenny goes through in this book. You feel bad for her towards the middle of the book. And I actually found it quit humerous t ...more
Ikallika
Oct 08, 2015 Ikallika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book to GIRLS. It's funny and will want to keep you reading. Overall this book is about a celebrity who comes to a normal school for two weeks and falls in love, meets new people, does what he wants, and forms enemies. I loved this book because what you think is going to happen doesn't, making the story unpredictable and makes you want to keep reading. I also loved this book book because at the end there is a turn of events. Lastly I also loved this book because it's not l ...more
Aryanamarin
May 14, 2015 Aryanamarin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this book was that I liked that The main character would have this thing were people would write to her asking for advice and she would write back and give really good advice and I realized that most books are not like that I i think that that was cool.
Teenage Reads
Jan 20, 2015 Teenage Reads rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle School Girls
Shelves: 2015
There is always that someone at school. That someone happens to be your best friend! But don’t get too excited that person is everyone’s best friend. Not popular but not an outcast, this person always has a smile and their face and an ear to listen. You even ended up spilling some of your secrets to her, knowing that she won’t tell a soul. That person at Clayton High is Jenny Greenley. Who is known to hold a few secrets of the school.

Junior year. Not many books at written about junior year, but
Kala
Mar 27, 2014 Kala rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot...

UNTIL THE END.

(Spoilers in this very short review)

I really liked the main character (Jen). I liked how real she was. I liked how she changed and grew as a person during the story. I especially liked the whole plotline with her best friend Trina (who I hated at first, liked much more at the end).

I liked the Hollywood actor guy too (Luke). Originally I thought this was going to be a story where famous rich Hollywood guy falls for the plain Jane (a trope I love, but still)
Nur Fadilla Octavianasari
And so I'm Taking a couple of day break from The Destiny of Violet & Luke #TheCoincidence series, its not that I tired of them its just my brain need a break from the whole pain, abusive,&intense thingy.

Meg always give us a fresh story to read, this is one of my reason I keep reading her piece. As sad as it sound, I'm pretty upset she didn't make it series yas its a stand-alone teenlit.

Set in Indiana, Clayton to be exact, Jen Greenley whom labeled as "mayonnaise" from her bestie, whom k
Scott vs Luke 8 20 Jul 17, 2014 07:11PM
As The Page Turns...: Teen Idol 4 8 Oct 03, 2013 11:22PM
Did Jenny did right by choosing SCOTT? Who do u think was better? 16 48 Aug 27, 2013 12:39AM
Teen Idol Book Review 3 6 Aug 27, 2013 12:26AM
Teen idol 7 52 Oct 06, 2012 10:40AM
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Snow Queen
  • On Location (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #2)
  • Love on the Lifts
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy, #2)
  • If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince?
  • Spin Control (Royally Jacked, #2)
  • It's a Mall World After All
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • The Exiles at Home (The Exiles, #2)
  • The Bridesmaid
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • A Novel Idea

More about Meg Cabot...

“You know. Life's short. If you don't try new things, you'll never know what you're best at. And you can only make time for new things by quitting the things you know don't work for you.” 90 likes
“But I guess you would look beatific, too, if the man you had been in love with since the fifth grade had told you that he was in love with you, too.” 34 likes